[Maintenance] 31/01/2021

Hey there, welcome to the Metin2.SG forum, here you can find a lot of interesting stuff, why don't you register your account? It only takes a minute! Click on the "Forum Login or forum-register" button on the top-left corner!
  • Dear Players

tonight the server will have a quick maintenance to fix a couple of bugs that came out with yesterday's patch

• Fixed scroll of mutation and evolution which didn't upgrade the mount as meant to be
    • Yamachon lacked the fine cloth drop due to bug
    • Bravery capes displayed the wrong effect when used
    • The bonus melee/magic was meant to be used only on pvp and now it works as intented.

Regards, Metin2 SG Team

• The helms have demi as default, hinting they were always meant to be pvp. If you are so discontent with the updates there are tons of servers out there that may match your liking, nobody forces you to stay here. We prefer to see you gone to be honest than seeing you puking bad blood at every maintenance thread.

• Many people were not agree but only some got the balls to say what they think and many times that who talks do it for who dont.

The worst will always fall on those who have the courage to speak up and defend others.

Keep doing great job & nice update.

• The helms have demi as default, hinting they were always meant to be pvp. If you are so discontent with the updates there are tons of servers out there that may match your liking, nobody forces you to stay here. We prefer to see you gone to be honest than seeing you puking bad blood at every maintenance thread.

that means we will can add demihuman in 1-5 stats? (to be only for pvp)

• Here nobody needs to be defended by others, especially if these others have no manners, a past for being banned for spreading maliicious false rumors and then begged to be unbanned and laughable arguments. Complaining about everything is easy doesn't really mean having balls.

Remember the fishing update? Complains everywhere, even from illiterates and people who never fish before, who couldn't read or understand that the point system of the rod would come after Xmas cause well, we also would love to spend some quality time with our lovers and families.

Too hard, was better before, why this change... then 2 days later without any changes, they somehow realised that it was better. Now who complained about the system wins somehow the fishing category or get close to winning.

Did anybody had the balls to admit they were wrong back then? Nope all silent, all quite. They act as experts now teaching others what they didn't understood before.

It's easy to complain.

This is a game and in every game there are nerfs, changes and impromvents. The amount of ingame golds or time you spent on an item is irrilevant if this item didn't behaved as intended.

As it always have been, those who gives constructed criticism are welcome, those who can only insuts are erased.

• To be fair pvm sashes are overpowered in my opinion (15 vs mob the custom one and you can even add a weapon with high avg which at the end can be +27% mob easily with a 40 avg + 8 avg 75 wep).

So this balances a bit.

But imo I think the 100 helm should still be working in pvm since it's "magic/melee attacks" where melee = is physical hits and pvm sash be nerfed.

We prefer to see you gone to be honest than seeing you puking bad blood at every maintenance thread.

Not going to lie, but you keep giving us reasons to ''puke bad blood at every maintenance thread'', because most patches aren't thought through or they are full of bugs and mistakes that need to be corrected later down the road. Even when some more insightful testing could prevent all of the issues from happening.

Even worse, the helmets have been in the game for a long period of time and they work in both PvM and PvP on every single god damn Metin2 server out there. Why does SG have to special about it? Compensation for something?

Don't get me wrong. I like that you want to be special with your server and it's content but then please be transparent about it and don't provide content that hasn't been tested thoroughly.

You keep saying it's easy to complain... then provide decent patches and make it harder for us to complain. How about that?

EDIT: I actually like that the server is rather different from other servers. It's the reason I keep coming back to SG. But every single patch that comes out is tossed at my feet and every single game that I play provides detailed patch notes which literally tell me what's changed and what's new.

For example: I would've loved to see some screenshots and a short explanation of the new sash system instead of a one-liner that tells me that the system was added.

Remember the fishing update? Complains everywhere, even from illiterates and people who never fish before, who couldn't read or understand that the point system of the rod would come after Xmas cause well, we also would love to spend some quality time with our lovers and families.

''illiterates'' lmfao. Reading through your comments makes my head itch. Some of the sentenses you're spewing out in the forum don't even make sense grammar wise and I literally have to read them multiple times, before I even understand them. Come on dude. You're not acting like a CEO/SA, you're acting like a kid that had his bully step on the sand castle you built and now call your own server.

Did anybody had

Did had. lmao.

Nope all silent, all quite.

Did you mean ''quiet'' ?

This is a game and in every game there are nerfs, changes and impromvents. The amount of ingame golds or time you spent on an item is irrilevant if this item didn't behaved as intended.

Let's just disregard the time that people spent on perfecting their items. Yes it's unfortunate that "the item didn't work as intended" and that the item now becomes rather useless for the players who built their helmets for PvM. But at least have some empathy. You are the winner here. People spent their time and possibly their irl money on YOUR server. Be a little thankful.

As it always have been, those who gives constructed criticism are welcome, those who can only insuts are erased.

Constrive criticism. Alright, let's give a couple of examples here:

- Leave the helmets unchanged and change the PvP sash to compensate for the "loss" of damage in PvP

-> this wouldn't make the community mad and the helmet's people built for PvM will not be rendered useless

- add pierce/pierce resist/skill damage/skill resist on the PvP sash

-> these are actual pvp stats which are useful for all characters

- maybe even add "Break for XXX resistance" (xxx meaning sword, 2-hand, bell, and so one)

-> that would negate some of the resistances people have on their PvP gear

Not going to lie, but you keep giving us reasons to ''puke bad blood at every maintenance thread'', because most patches aren't thought through or they are full of bugs and mistakes that need to be corrected later down the road. Even when some more insightful testing could prevent all of the issues from happening.

Even worse, the helmets have been in the game for a long period of time and they work in both PvM and PvP on every single god damn Metin2 server out there. Why does SG have to special about it? Compensation for something?

Don't get me wrong. I like that you want to be special with your server and it's content but then please be transparent about it and don't provide content that hasn't been tested thoroughly.

Bugs are a natural consequence of developing. You will never find any games that have no bug. But exactly, what are these bugs or issue that are so severe? Full of bugs is a giant exxageration.

Speaking of testing, we did a beta for Supreme skills. Nobody found out that the elemental damage worked only for wind skills. We had several testers, all players. All they had to do was skilling each other in pvp and yet they failed to find it. Imagine how hard is to find bugs on systems that touch multiple files and integrate with other systems.
    The elemental bug was found and fixed on the same day with a reboot.

EDIT: I actually like that the server is rather different from other servers. It's the reason I keep coming back to SG. But every single patch that comes out is tossed at my feet and every single game that I play provides detailed patch notes which literally tell me what's changed and what's new.

For example: I would've loved to see some screenshots and a short explanation of the new sash system instead of a one-liner that tells me that the system was added.

There is a guide, which was posted days before. If you are unable to understand it you can ask explanations like many other did. There is a whole section of guides for every system.

It is normal to make grammar mistakes when you are in the middle of reboot and multi tasking.

''illiterates'' lmfao. Reading through your comments makes my head itch. Some of the sentenses you're spewing out in the forum don't even make sense grammar wise and I literally have to read them multiple times, before I even understand them. Come on dude. You're not acting like a CEO/SA, you're acting like a kid that had his bully step on the sand castle you built and now call your own server.

Maybe, but several guides are written by other admins and apparently you don't understand them as well or simply skip them and expect that on a simple patch note we should again post the guide with every details of the system. Delusional, read the patch note then read the guide.

Let's just disregard the time that people spent on perfecting their items. Yes it's unfortunate that "the item didn't work as intended" and that the item now becomes rather useless for the players who built their helmets for PvM. But at least have some empathy. You are the winner here. People spent their time and possibly their irl money on YOUR server. Be a little thankful.

Except this is not my server. I just work here. Also according to this logic, nerfing shouldn't exist. Again delusional.

You cannot make a bonus that only works in a way in some items and works in another way in others. The sash were announced months ago, nobody made a suggestion about them and as stated several times, the patch thread are not the place for such suggestions. Not doing any suggestions and complain and being mad after the update comes in live just because it doesn't have the bonus you want is simply idiotic.