PATCH NOTE 03/06/2020

Hey there, welcome to the Metin2.SG forum, here you can find a lot of interesting stuff, why don't you register your account? It only takes a minute! Click on the "Forum Login or forum-register" button on the top-left corner!
  • So you are saying suggestions before your time dont matter, and can just be disregarded? Now thats a nice way to look at suggestions. also i just made 13avg with the combination of weapon and earrings. So basically i got a highclass red dss for free in under 30 mins. Is alchemy even relevant anymore? IIRC its end game content

• No what i am saying is that you cannot expect me to check 8 months of threads in the search of a posts under something that is not related to Dungeons. I know you guys have the habit to spam in every thread, but if you want to suggest something about Dungeons, open a damn thread with the Dungeon title on it. You don't post a suggestion a on poll about rarity. I don't know if this makes sense to you but thats how a forum tag works

You could make that 13 average even before this update so your point is senseless. Since all stacks DSS is still useful, so again it doesn't make any sense.

• I just find it hilarious that from now on people will farm new forest map metinstones not to drop 8avg poison swrod, but to disenchant weapons to just add stats in random dt poison swords. Now thats a great RARITY system.

No what i am saying is that you cannot expect me to check 8 months of threads in the search of a posts under something that is not related to Dungeons. I know you guys have the habit to spam in every thread, but if you want to suggest something about Dungeons, open a damn thread with the Dungeon title on it. You don't post a suggestion a on poll about rarity. I don't know if this makes sense to you but thats how a forum tag works

shadow i suggest to add yamachon's drop 1x rare dss

Now you get what I mean X/

• I agree with the update, but i do not agree with the "adding is easy changing is hard". I would have prefered it the other way around to not fuck up the economy of the server completly but thats just my 2 cents.

• I mean, why was there a poll about rarity adder/changer comming to mall if in the end you just make them farmable? The poll was clearly not just about bring to mall or not, it was asking people if they wanna see them obtainable ingame or not. Back in the days, when you were around and introduced rarity system, adder and changer were obtainable at Budokan for a short period of time (or at some other event) and then you stopped giving them because people found it unfair.

There is 0 content in this game, which is unobtainable without rarity items, while having good rarity gear just makes it easier doing this content. Rarity should be high end and something that needs a ton of grinding. (i think the same about DSS changer btw) because after allx after so many years this is still a grind game and people that play this game still, love to grind otherwise they had left years ago.

Why play this server a long time if you can finish highend content in months by rolling perfect rarities.

Im not against progress or evolution but I really wonder why people grinded months and months for rarity fireshoes, sce or whatever just to be able to roll them, once they are +9.

• i really think its crazy you make really big updates that have been polled with 75% of people against it and just bring it out anyway rarity is one of the biggest and best things in the server and the farming of them is the fun of it. to add and change ruins all of that you say you will bring value to exp rings and thief's gloves..... but at the expense of every item people worked hard to make with the old system. hours of farming and levelling a certain item now can just be added to a random cheap +9 version. when you came back to the server i said my to friends i know they will bring out rare changers and not listen to the players, here we are. no polls, giant updates and you claim your going to leave when corona pandemic is over. but what will be left of the server's originality and all the hard work of people who have played in your absence for years. i even made a post in the changer thread that was liked by SGM tary sayin the entrance of rarity changes would ruin the game for alot of players. it seems you just have an idea and it goes no matter what. i wish this wasn't the case but it is what it is.

i dont understand why you dont just add more costumes and fix the hairstyle bonuses and pets in the mall to get more tp purchases and add a costume removal interface. to bring in more revenue for the server instead of creating crazy updates.

• i really think its crazy you make really big updates that have been polled with 75% of people against it and just bring it out anyway rarity is one of the biggest and best things in the server and the farming of them is the fun of it. to add and change ruins all of that you say you will bring value to exp rings and thief's gloves..... but at the expense of every item people worked hard to make with the old system. hours of farming and levelling a certain item now can just be added to a random cheap +9 version. when you came back to the server i said my to friends i know they will bring out rare changers and not listen to the players, here we are. no polls, giant updates and you claim your going to leave when corona pandemic is over. but what will be left of the server's originality and all the hard work of people who have played in your absence for years. i even made a post in the changer thread that was liked by SGM tary sayin the entrance of rarity changes would ruin the game for alot of players. it seems you just have an idea and it goes no matter what. i wish this wasn't the case but it is what it is.

I remember a big dicussion that was on gf servers about an update and about the fear of players, that their gear, which they built over months or years with their time and money, becomes worthless. Now community manager didnt understand that concept of fear, he also said something along the lines, that they should be happy to get new content and free damage. But why even spend money or time when future updates make perfect rarity gear a common standard again? The working and building an item is the fun, not making in 2 days, i can do that on every pserver. This server is easy enough, you can get everything without having to mall and gear perfectioon was only available to those, that worked towards it.

• Ok, so it's been a few hours since the patch is live and I can make a more comprehensive post about it.

Firstly, this system was hinted before a bunch of times but I still believe a poll would have helped lots here Shadow and the update would have had a significantly smaller backlash. The main problem imo is not the idea but the cost to enchant. I said that adding rarity is too cheap, I still believe so. Everyone can very easily afford to add 2 stats on an item and the <10% will actually get something good, especially with the generous dropare of rarity in general. Now, I know that you'd say that it's fair because everyone can do it but at the same time it means that there are no common and rare items anymore, every item is an eventual rarity piece.

The good part about this is that upping any type of item is viable again but this can still hold true even with an increase in enchanting cost.

Another problem is the recipe for the changers: it's a good thing that they are expensive but atm it's really bad that red wood is the only way to get the materials for it...the map was already over-farmed. I hope you're working on extra recipes otherwise the only realistic strategy would be to spam adders on items and then just make another one if the outcome is not the desired one. This is another opportunity to re-purpose drops from dungeons like devil splinters or orc's stubbornness etc

A few hours have passed and already a lot of items were made. It might be a bit to late for a massive change but tweaks like material cost can and should still be made.

I understand that a DSS changer is in the making now. I hope that there's a little more transparency about it before the update(like a poll or a preview). DSS and Rarity are always a hot topic on the server and they also differentiate the good from the best characters. These systems need to be accessible for new players otherwise they will just shy away from it and eventually quit but at the same time they should be hard enough to obtain so that we always have a goal to chase.