Posts by PrometheusX

Hey there, welcome to the Metin2.SG forum, here you can find a lot of interesting stuff, why don't you register your account? It only takes a minute! Click on the "Forum Login or forum-register" button on the top-left corner!

Shoutbox

• DontBeScared

Will be there any Halloween event buddies'

• Gonzoxxx

no

• Syslas99

Moon event already started?

• Pingu

Never close the Metin2 SG :d <3

• [CoMa]Shadow

Reboot done. Server on

• [GM]Elspeth

Hey guys, as it states at the very end of the post "The rewards will be sent automatically" just be a little bit patient and the it'll solve itself.

• DontBeScared

Same here, i think it will be manual

• Adihere

hello, you receive rewards from special lottery automatically ? i didn't receive :(

• deathpool

in your heart

• Radioactive

where is the lottery result?I cant see it ;)

• DontBeScared

Still nothing? :(

• [SMOD]Tary

Since I am waiting for the answer of some players it will be announced at night

• MrSoon

soon :) it requires to check A LOT of numbers, so be patient

• DontBeScared

When will the forum lottery winners be anounced?

• PrometheusX

just get enough dmg and then make sure you have magic res, hp absorb and as much hp restore

• Adihere

is there any use for fire resistance, wind, lighting etc?? i tested fire res in infernal flame field and no effect in damage taken(i have necklace 20% fire res)

• MrSoon

max your magic res, block chance, dodge arrows is usefull, don't get too much def because pierce will crush you

• deathpool

and for defense? 2 gms said me some time ago that lightning is useful but I tested it and nope, useless (against cleric, mob which attacks with lightning)

• MrSoon

demi vs "human" mobs

• deathpool

any useful bonus in hl (except mob and arrow resistance)?

• :thumbsup:
  • :airborne:
  • :assaultrifle:
  • :banned:
  • :bday:
  • :beer:
  • :blackeye:
  • :borg:
  • :censored:
  • :chainsaw:
  • :chinese:
  • :chrome:
  • :cookie:
  • :crazy:
  • :dance:
  • :dash:
  • :dead:
  • :doofy:
  • :evilgrin:
  • :fie:
  • :gamer:
  • :golly:
  • :growup:
  • :grumble:
  • :hail:
  • :hi:
  • :hmm:
  • :huntsman:
  • :ill:
  • :lol:
  • :miffy:
  • :minigun:
  • :misslelauncher:
  • :modo:
  • :monster:
  • :ninja:
  • :nono:
  • :oops:
  • :pardon:
  • :phatgrin:
  • :pillepalle:
  • :pleasantry:
  • :popcorn:
  • :puke:
  • :pump:
  • :rocketlauncher:
  • :rofl:
  • santa
  • :search:
  • :shit:
  • :sniper:
  • :spiteful:
  • :stick:
  • :stopping:
  • :thinking:
  • :this:
  • :topicclosed:
  • :vain:
  • :wayne:
  • :wbb:
  • :werderw:
  • :xeno:
  • :zombie:
  • :)
  • :(
  • ;)
  • :P
  • ^^
  • :D
  • ;(
  • X(
  • :*
  • :|
  • 8o
  • =O
  • <X
  • ||
  • :/
  • :S
  • X/
  • 8)
  • ?(
  • :huh:
  • :rolleyes:
  • :love:
  • 8|
  • :cursing:
  • :thumbdown:
  • :thumbup:
  • :sleeping:
  • :whistling:
  • :evil:
  • :saint:
  • <3
  • :!:
  • :?:

It depends on the type of drop. The game has 4 different drop types and only 2 are affected by the level. Having the same level as the level of the monster you are trying to loot from is the best drop rate, while having 10 levels more will result in a drastic decrease.

isn't the best drop if you're lower level than the mob?

go to baek-go map1 and you click on making potions. The menu shows you all the requirements. The chance of success is high enough, smt like 8/10.

Sought out: Baby Spider, Demon Spearman, Savage Minion. Eso Fanatic is ok too.

starring panicstation as the lvl 86 knight in map 1, the defender of helpless pvm chars, waiting for the protagonist to go on free and then camp him. Fun times.

I'm not at home for starters. And I have no clue what you are on about. I was pvping vs anybody, and the fact that I've won over 30 budokans and over 10 pvm kings with 39 pretty much disapproves everything you just said(this was my main char back then aswell). Also I played actively on 39 for a year tops.

Any way it seems you are derailing again from simple pvp banter to your silly frustrations.

So have fun tooting your horn here further.

cherry-picking clips out of context still? still hiding inventories? (what's the point? ). I also hit 10k + in raids multiple times, you don't see me posting pictures of it because they mean nothing.

Keep in mind this char was 62 like 3 months ago. you were 86 4 or 5 years ago when I was playing as a 39. I'm simply stating that you've only caught glimpses so far and I will beat you in budokan if I really set my mind to it.

Poor performance by me today because I didn't switch from sin to war gear in time(was missing 40-50 res). Some stuff still needs upping too, and 90-96 bios also still not done. No vitality stone in the picture. So don't celebrate too soon buddy :).

Shadow iPsycho is a good example of a player passionate enough to push his character in a really fast pace and get to the end game with good gear. But I also recall a discussion with him like a month ago when he was still lvl 92 or so and he was really excited about doing some dragon runs back then and then realized how hard it was to find anyone to do it with. This can be backed up by the fact that he opened a thread on forum right after in which he is looking for partners for any kind of runs. I'm not sure how successful he was, but anyway this incident tells us the following: the population is small, I think it was mentioned enough already, BUT there are plenty who really enjoy the concept of this server, players who were really sick with the way GF handled things and the state of the game there. I'm sure if they were to choose any of them servers(assuming both have the same nr of players), they would go with SG 100%.

Up until lvl 75-80 or so there is plenty to do, you'll always be able to farm something(especially since you added red changers to the metin drops). The problem is that you push your character with the idea to do all the endgame content but you're halted by these restrictions and you'll end up doing the same exact thing that you were doing up until that point and slowly and surely it will become very stale.

This is what this thread is all about: finding a way, a middleground between what you can do solo and what you'll need a team to accomplish with without restricting the player too much. Teamplay should be promoted through difficulty of the dungeons and maybe some other mechanics and not through a band-aid mechanic like IP-Block.

quick edit: considering that last 2 patches, I trust that you can keep it up with the QoL changes

Apart from plagues which is for lvl 70-90, dragon run(75 or 80+ iirc) and DC all the rest that need a partner are for 100+.

Thoreau made some good points, but I'm certain most of those 71 were low to midrange in levels and most of them quit most likely due to lack of server population and difficulty in selling/getting gear of the market.

Most of the runs don't really have a balanced drop for parties anyway, as a buffer you won't ever get the coveted drops(like the box for example) cuz you'll have to stand there and buff, that's why people just prefer to not even bother helping unless you do more runs and split the drop(assuming they dmg dealer even wants to do that; not always the case...I've encountered players who would refuse to share the plagued run drops with you and their response was: be grateful that you're getting xp for free).

So the short version is: we are forced to party up to do some dungeons but the loot system is certainly not designed for party-play, quite the opposite.

So the problem isn't the ip-block only, but it's the fact that the drop isn't really fair and balance for all the participants, that's why Skyquake idea of having chests drop for everyone is probably a simple and fair solution.

I suggest you consider both possibilities: either remove ip-block altogether(having both solo and party variants of the runs is probably too much of a hassle), OR just adjust the drop so that everyone in the party gets the same loot.