PATCH NOTE 03/06/2020

Hey there, welcome to the Metin2.SG forum, here you can find a lot of interesting stuff, why don't you register your account? It only takes a minute! Click on the "Forum Login or forum-register" button on the top-left corner!
  • I think if they put changer dcc in high boss like flame or nemer this very good .

because now good farm if your level 60-90 in red forest thief gloves - exp ring - what about high level ? if metinstone in cape no't drop exp ring and thief gloves what can we do ?

• It's paramount that all runs are made viable and it's very important that adding rarity is way more expensive. Within hours players already finished adding stats to all their pieces. The consensus was always that if you add this system then make it very hard.

You can add items like flame keys, ice grails, dark lord nails, splinters, stubornness, moonstones etc to recipes. Make every run viable.

But first and foremost adding needs to be way harder.

• And? When all players have a rarity set what does it happen to your character? You can add bonus too. I don't understand this fear about competition, we are on 2020 you cannot expect people to grind for weeks for 1 set. And you also cannot expect that we put the crafting items that you have been hoarding. Exp rings and thief gloves had no values, people complaining about for years. Now they do.

Anyway it seems what crafting items is there is not important, you simply are against the concept, which is your opinion, but have the decency to say so instead of hiding it behind details.

Thanks

Updates in a server is for get new ppl but, with this last update, exp ring and glove thief is now 5kk each ... so now how news will afford it? they wont be able to get good drop and they will get bored and leave. Will be better reduce the amount of exp ring and gloves or change it for another x100 items.

• Updates in a server is for get new ppl but, with this last update, exp ring and glove thief is now 5kk each ... so now how news will afford it? they wont be able to get good drop and they will get bored and leave. Will be better reduce the amount of exp ring and gloves or change it for another x100 items.

true, now it's stupid that the best item from 85-90 metins are the xp rings and gloves which are not even farmed for their intended purpose anymore. This hurts new players in the long run...

Shadow The implementation of the system is nice but more transparency is needed for game-changing updates like this, no offense.

Rarity has no uniqueness anymore...this needs to be addressed asap.

• Blood pills, orc stuborness, devil splinter, escape cape, dye hair, etc. Add them for crafting and lower the experiencie ring/thief's glove amount so in the long run they remain as a cheap item for any lvl for farming.

Lower the chance on enchanting, not 100% like now.

Add maybe something like in gf servers, you can use a single item at once and the enchanting last for 24 hours. You dont have that item in the next 24 hours, it will stay with the NPC.

Or make the crafting of rare ore like vitality ore, they can fail, the amount is random.

I mean, why was there a poll about rarity adder/changer comming to mall if in the end you just make them farmable? The poll was clearly not just about bring to mall or not, it was asking people if they wanna see them obtainable ingame or not. Back in the days, when you were around and introduced rarity system, adder and changer were obtainable at Budokan for a short period of time (or at some other event) and then you stopped giving them because people found it unfair.

If you cannot read what the poll was about then you have some comprehend issue. Back in the days there was no budokan event that gave adder or changers, it was a mall event which sometimes gave also a superclass DSS. We didn't stop giving them because it was unfair either, simply i wasn't around to held those mall events lol. So pretty much half of what you wrote is either wrong or made up. I appreciate the fantasy thou.

There is 0 content in this game, which is unobtainable without rarity items, while having good rarity gear just makes it easier doing this content. Rarity should be high end and something that needs a ton of grinding. (i think the same about DSS changer btw) because after allx after so many years this is still a grind game and people that play this game still, love to grind otherwise they had left years ago.

Yes rarity is not needed to beat the contents, yet people won't play here unless they can reach perfection. And farming months to get 1 or 2 items with perfect rarity is not appealing anymore on 2020. You guys have to accept this. Only you and few others like to grind so much, the other doesn't.

kitkat12 This server is not populated, for a reason. What you find fun is not appealing to the others. Some people don't find it fun to do a run 1000 times to get a 120 armor with good rarity or rarity at all. This update doesn't mean i won't put new costumes.

For all the others:

You never cared for new players in your whole gaming life so don't even pretend you care now. What you care is that the power you had is now reachable by anyone with little effort. Thats all you care. There won't be any rollback or any change except maybe adding more items to the recipe list. There won't be any poll either because the community is so little and the forum community even smaller that the results won't bring anything to us.

The reason why we didn't announce this is to avoid the typical greedy behaviour that you all do to new or clueless players. Imagine if we showed you a preview of this update, you would all hoard exp rings and gloves at a cheap prices from clueless players.

This is the typical and so obnoxious first day of update, which happens every time we update something. It is always mostly those who are on top that complains when we add Changers to the metins, when we add more metins, when we increase the drop of DSS and what else not.

• The reason why we didn't announce this is to avoid the typical greedy behaviour that you all do to new or clueless players. Imagine if we showed you a preview of this update, you would all hoard exp rings and gloves at a cheap prices from clueless players.

One of the problem is that rings and gloves are not even used for what they are intended for. The recipe is flawed in that regard...there are so many more items that are way more suitable than these 2. New people can't even afford gloves anymore with their current price...

I also get what you mean that people are not expected to grind that much anymore in 2020 but we just headed straight into barely any grinding required for "perfect" items.

• Exp rings and gloves were addressed to me as worthless like 2 weeks ago with "do something about it".

Now that something is done you go with this little detail that the worthless item is not equipped but crafted? Is day one, you are all horny rabbits about rarity so is normal they are gonna be rare for a while.

You still need to grind, +9 items, the 5 good bonus and DSS, you just don't need to grind 1 year which is simply not viable anymore.

• Exp rings and gloves were addressed to me as worthless like 2 weeks ago with "do something about it".

Now that something is done you go with this little detail that the worthless item is not equipped but crafted? Is day one, you are all horny rabbits about rarity so is normal they are gonna be rare for a while.

You still need to grind, +9 items, the 5 good bonus and DSS, you just don't need to grind 1 year which is simply not viable anymore.

How are xp ring and thiefs worthless? They were constantly needed. If people complain about their value you can just decrease their dropchance instead. But anyway the current implementation still needs to be tweaked at least and more recipe variations are needed for sure.

• I understood your side but as an old player I get offended when u blame every old-top player for complaining about X or Y things.

Dont get me wrong, dont wanna fight you or anything, I got no reason to. When u bring new updates, u expect new players to complain or share opinion about it, when they actually know nothing about our server/community? Obviously old players will complain/share opinions about new updates cous they know whats inside the server.

Im here for years and I havent seen a change when it comes about TOP players. Many changes, new items, i still saw same people on top, for years. its not about items, its about mentality.

As for the update, thanks for it, hopefully we ll have fun still. peace

The crown, it never has left me
    'cause the town will always elect me.

HowHigh

• No i am not against someone who complain, i am against someone who complain and hides the real reason behind some made up straight bullshit. The same players who fool new players to sell some ebony with 8 average at a stupid cheap price, are the ones who are now worried of how the new players level up or drop. It is pretty hypocrite.

Saying that you don't like the update because you prefer to grind your ass or that you worked 5 years and now everyone can get the sam e results with less effort is an honest feedback.

• No i am not against someone who complain, i am against someone who complain and hides the real reason behind some made up straight bullshit. The same players who fool new players to sell some ebony with 8 average at a stupid cheap price, are the ones who are now worried of how the new players level up or drop. It is pretty hypocrite.

Saying that you don't like the update because you prefer to grind your ass or that you worked 5 years and now everyone can get the sam e results with less effort is an honest feedback.

You don't have to be this cynic about it though. We are genuinely concerned about the future of the server and the fact that it's straying away from it's concept that attracted all the current players to begin with. Nothing will change anyway in terms of "exploiting" newbies. Veterans will just prepare a 75 farmer within days and invade red forest.

The core concept of the update is fine and I do agree that you can't expect players to grind their ass out for 1 year but now it can be a matter of hours...

So please understand that making in TOO ACCESSIBLE as it is now makes it boring for everybody.

• Let me be completly honest since this is my nature. I am not cynic, i am straight. People came back on server 1 due to Covid situation, hell myself included. This situation won't last long, as a matter of fact in the last 20 days we already lost players and we will keep losing every day more. Merging with Server 2 might bring back some but i am not really betting all on it. Lockdown gave people tons of free time so they didn't mind grinding, but now with few time left they rather play elsewhere where grinding is minimal.

With few players is not worth to do updates, you had no updates for 8 months for this very reason. So either the server becomes appealing by mimic the 2020 standards, or you won't need to worry about the future as there won't be one.

It is not a matter of hours, you may add rare bonus but to roll them is not easy, just like you can add 5 bonus but rolling into perfection isn't easy. Zodiac will come too as well as the items and then you will kiss that NPC that won't make you do that run 20000 times in the hope of dropping a weapon or an armour with the perfect rarity bonus. Meley will come, ship defense will come, Skills above P will come, there will be a lot of contents so that you won't get bored.

Of course i cannot do updates like a printer but it won't take years either.

And this will be my last reply on the thread as i am not here to argue, i guess my point, which is also the point of the whole team is clear.

• I understand. But then at least please consider tweaking the recipes for changers or otherwise it will be a shitshow in red forest. That aspect of the system can really be made better so all players can at least contribute.

• I understand. But then at least please consider tweaking the recipes for changers or otherwise it will be a shitshow in red forest. That aspect of the system can really be made better so all players can at least contribute.

You are free to consider the fact that the npc already has multiple placeholders as a confirmation that we already considered adding new recipes in the future. Adding new ones is no hard task once everything is set up.

Either way as it is right now you are complaining that everyone can have everything but at the same time you are telling us that gloves and rings are not affordable for new players anymore. Some people told me the price is betqeen 8-11kk per piece at the moment that would make more than 20won per changer. Of course that will drop eventually but I'll let you in on a little secret of mine; I had some fun rolling stats on the test server and even getting just 8 avg res mystic or legendary/titanic with just one good stat often times took more than 50 changers. Getting a perfect legendary will take hundreds. Sure there will be people who are lucky but metin2 is already an rng based game, nothing changed about that.