[Maintenance] 31/01/2021

Hey there, welcome to the Metin2.SG forum, here you can find a lot of interesting stuff, why don't you register your account? It only takes a minute! Click on the "Forum Login or forum-register" button on the top-left corner!
  • For example: I would've loved to see some screenshots and a short explanation of the new sash system instead of a one-liner that tells me that the system was added.

You mean like the Guides we do on basically every new Run/System which we publish even before they are released?

[GUIDE]Sash System

I am sorry but someone who doesn't even inform themselves about what they are saying should really not bother to write such a gigantic text, if its clearly not even reasonable.

Its not even hard to find this Guide.

Its in the Official Guides Section.

It's also linked in Discord in the "Guides" Channel

00e323fc2a7e783b0925fda71cb6bfee.png

You make up strawman arguments, thats not constructive criticism atall, even if you call it that.

• I spent some gold on a 100lv helmet with 5mob to make it +8 and with pvm stats. Now, in a blink of an eye this helmet becomes useless. Not only needs rolling for pvp stats but also there is no way it will get 5demi cause it's hard as hell to make it +9 and even so, it's so unlikely to get 5demi at the rare adding. Also there is no point rolling rarity cause u can easily find one with 5demi already. So I won't take any refund for it, it will be just useless and now I have to roll my fear mask once again... Don't you see the problem here? Do something about it cause you didn't inform us, you just made the change. Make our 5mob 100lv helms 5demi at least, or I don't know, give me back my 10won cause yeah getting it to +8 took me 10won, not to mention the tons of changers I used to get nice pvm stats.

Please don't start with the "if you don't like it, there are plenty of servers out there", that's not how you treat old players.

• I am. There are many many servers with different concepts and the communiity is pretty much split between these concepts. We have our own concept and if you don't like it there are surely other competitors who might have it. Of course they might have core crashes, item loss and may last 3 months or less, but hey thats part of packet too.

A concrete example is the lycan, we will never have it, if you want it or expect it, you are playing on the wrong server and we won't change mind just to accomodate you, cause we would piss off many others too. You either accept it or move elsewhere, without hard feeling.

• they've made a lot of adjustments based on player feedback, from the polies damage (which i love the way it is now) to even adjusting the drop rate formula so it's not as if they forcing us to accept everything, they take on constructive criticism and make the adjustments they feel necessary based on that and their own judgment and that's more than fair.

As much as i dislike this 'lost progression' feeling brought, this update also came with something that will push progression even farther than the helm does, as expensive as it might have been, it's not a terrible loss

• AirForce47

We are active on epvp we see what happens on other servers. Resets, rollbacks with item loss. daily core crash with more progress loss, shutting down after few months just to re-open the next under a different name. So yeah maybe a taste of those experiences may let you appreciate what you are taking for granted here.

No, not without any reaction, without the delusional state of mind that nerfing or changes cannot happen just because you used some of your time or ingame golds.

• yes ofc there are some trash servers, but im not talking about them.

There are enough to show that it can work very successful.

I dont know if you are playing in private or not, but you have to understand the other side too.

Of course there will be this reaction. People experience, that they wasted their nerves, time and maybe real money in the end for nothing/ less.

You cannot expect that player respond from an admins point of view.

• I believe you need a reality check. You ignore the fact that they are a version 2.0 of themselves cause their 1.0 closed already, without any infos too lol. All those players, maybe even you who knows, got no refund whatsoever. Compared to this, a change of bonus is laughable.

I don't expect that most of you have the necessary maturity to provide a normal feedback or criticism to see things outside your own personal agenda, but this is a server where, when necessary or based on our own judgement, nerfing and adjustment happens. So yeah you just accept it or you can think about giving a shot at other competitors which maybe won't use nerf at all but just a giant reset when things goes south.

• airmax i see your point and i understand how you feel but its not like they fucked up a whole system. its only 1 item. you lost some power in pvm on helmet but you can take it back with sash now its just how it works. so unnecessary to have a never ending discussion with the admin here

• In my opinion changing the lvl 100 helms makes no sense after 2 years. You say that "it was never meant for pvm" but melee attack works the same way with average damage, so it kinda was meant for pvm.

If you wanted to change the helms to their "real purpose" you could have done it since 2 years ago, without players investing resources into an item that will eventually be "erased".

I believe the change in lvl 100 helms comes on the background of the new sash system, with the idea to balance damage in pvm because sash system boosts it already. This can be balanced simply by making the sash system exclusively pvp.

Why boost pvm bonus with sash and nerf it with helms? What's the point of this?

Adding damage bonus somewhere and substracting elsewhere is not the way to go if it involves damaging players' time and money spent on this server.

If you do it on systems that were created before your arrival, maybe this is justified but in this case the lvl 100 helms were implemented by you and you had all the time in the world to "fix" them if you truly wanted to.

If the idea behind these changes is to make players spend more time and money on items, then it's again wrong. The proper way is to add new features on item mall/ milleage mall and decrease drop rates at certain items that are available via item mall. For example, you could adjust the drop rates of changers and other items that lost value in order to fix market gaps rather than changing items that people already made on a specific purpose.

With these changes, you only make people frustrated the same way you would be frustrated if someone would take away your 1 month work over an update.

You should also take into consideration that players are of different ages, social and cultural background and sometimes overreact not because they have something against you but rather because they feel you defy them.

I think it's your responsability to be wiser than us and to find solutions with us to come to a compromise and not be so harsh when players criticize. It's your right to delete offensive comments but try not to generalize and try to look from the player's perspective aswell. After all, our goals should not interfere with each other.

• Yes there might be server that were closed very fast and there might have been no refund. But you ignore that many of them, who came back with version 2.0 learned by their mistakes and came back much stronger and successful. nvm i dont want to advertise for any other server.

it sounds very easy, its just a change of a bonus but in parallel its a destroying of items, which are made by alot of effort.

In my eyes you cant just change things like that so easy. People will notice this

and be afraid of making new items.

Imagine people have to think about the items they make, not by their needs but by the updates that could come, which might destroy the functionality of their items

Adding damage bonus somewhere and substracting elsewhere is not the way to go if it involves damaging players' time and money spent on this server.

If you do it on systems that were created before your arrival, maybe this is justified but in this case the lvl 100 helms were implemented by you and you had all the time in the world to "fix" them if you truly wanted to.

Nope they weren't. They were implemented by [DEV]Null. Nobody reported that bonus before, if not some days ago and it was not my job to check upon the updates of others back then.

What you have to understand is that it doesn't really matter who does the updates. If tomorrow i believe that the elemental damage from S skills is too much, i will nerf it and you don't have to be a dick about it, because any balance is for the best even if it lower your damage.

If the idea behind these changes is to make players spend more time and money on items, then it's again wrong. The proper way is to add new features on item mall/ milleage mall and decrease drop rates at certain items that are available via item mall. For example, you could adjust the drop rates of changers and other items that lost value in order to fix market gaps rather than changing items that people already made on a specific purpose.

It was to correct a bonus that was not working as intended. No idea why you always have to think there is some hidden plan. Few months ago I fixed skill damage resistance bonus, because due to a mistake on the code, it boosted the damage vs monster. Skill damage resistance must cut out the damage you suffer, it shouldn't boost your damage too. That bug was probably 5 years old or more. You all lost damage with that fix. Following your logic, i shouldn't have touched cause, is so old, you guys are used to it. I mean get real.

As for the changers, if you want this change we have first, to introduce a lot of new items, which you cannot turn epic as you all would love to, otherwise whats the point? Then delete all the hoarded changers, cause I am pretty sure you or someone with the same mentality will come up bitching that XXXX stored a lot of changers and has the upper hand while now is so hard to farm.

But hey this means nerfing. And apparently you don't want it.

With these changes, you only make people frustrated the same way you would be frustrated if someone would take away your 1 month work over an update.

There were, there are and there will be many updates that won't make us earn money or players as we expected, compated to the time / efforts put, yet we won't bitch about it or force you to pay anything

You should also take into consideration that players are of different ages, social and cultural background and sometimes overreact not because they have something against you but rather because they feel you defy them.

I think it's your responsability to be wiser than us and to find solutions with us to come to a compromise and not be so harsh when players criticize. It's your right to delete offensive comments but try not to generalize and try to look from the player's perspective aswell. After all, our goals should not interfere with each other.

Being rude has nothing to do with your social status or age. Sash were announced on November 2020. Not a single thread with a potential wish list or even some quality of life changes regarding the sash were made. Truth is that most of the high level, maybe even you, don't want updates where they have to work for. Thats why our goals cannot match, we do updates to keep the players busy on the server, if you want just damage boost with minimal efforts so that you can sit in town 1 you are not on the same page as ours.

• Yeah till they close without any notice again. But I understand you. The reason why they are succesfull are mainly two: People have short memory, and as long as is new they would play it. They are willing to forget and forgive. On servers like this one which are online since more than 10 years, things are different cause you are used to stability and you take these things for granted.

The item is not destroyed, it was not erased. And considering the bonus are not only easy to change, but the helmet doesn't have much variables in terms of pvp/pvm, especially when demi is innate, the fuss for this is exxagerated.