Patch note 24/01/2019

Hey there, welcome to the Metin2.SG forum, here you can find a lot of interesting stuff, why don't you register your account? It only takes a minute! Click on the "Forum Login or forum-register" button on the top-left corner!
  • With today's maintenance the server will receive the following changes and contents:

• Change to the pierce formula

The previous formula had a broken function that penalized any character with a high Defense stats. The current formula is more fair and balance the game better, giving class that rely on defense a real advantage over those who doesn't, in both pvp and pvm.

• Added 15 new hair styles

New add-ons to customize your characters.

Thanks, Metin2 SG Team

• Shadow Update is awesome with new pierce formula. I'm not sure but probably sura WP have some bug/glitch with "Rupture" skill.

I tested that with my friend and He dealt damage to me like this:

-6k no crit and no pierce

-12k with crit and no pierce

-1,5k no crit but skill probably pierced me

-760 defense

-0 sword resistance

-10 sura resistance (from biologist quest reward)

-22 magic resistance

all damage listed above was tested on body warrior 95 lvl

• After this update the long range mobs in the maps for metins no longer deal any piercing dmg, even tho their dmg is around 730-790, according to my def that absorbs their dmg completely. Close combat mobs deal around 130 dmg to 774 def 8% avg res and pierce 1000-1100 my resistance. I think their dmg should allow them to pierce 900 or whatever their max dmg is, much less than 1100.

• it is actually quite accurate, if you make the math like this, ( % resis (remember some mobs have weakness vs ice fire etc...) + defense +dmg you receive) you get arround those values, remember to add the % 1st, so for 1100 dmg, 8%=88, it would be smth like this 88+774+130=992 so near the values you say, check if the mobs you are testing aren't affected by ice and such resist's and buffer %, OH and remember you have Biologists % too, make the math and check pls.

If you need any help pm me Darkbllad3r, been on a trip for a few days but im logging tonight :D

• Let me do the math for you, in few easy steps:

• before the update mobs had the same dmg, so nothing is changed here, I guess is around 8-900. It is a dmg completely absorbed my my def so by what logic now they also pierce more than my def since the update was about solving the relation between def and piercing dmg?
    • before the update I was receiving piercing dmg based on the items I was wearing, never more than around 880.
    • after the update mobs do same dmg but piercing dmg has been increased. Not only that but also the piercing dmg delivered by players is also higher.
    • you are getting into too much details, I farm in Thunder, sometimes, metins, and I was curious what has changed.
    • Piercing dmg is the full dmg of a mob piercing your passive res, please check my post in Basics for Beginners titled Understanding PvM Resistances
  • Edit: please ignore my previous post from earlier today. It seems we had a reboot and now piercing does the good decent values that it had before the update. It is not related to the amount of def and avg dmg res bonuses lower the amount of piercing dmg.

However, mobs at metins 95-105 with long range dmg have zero dmg piercing.

• Snipas If you have better knowledge, please contribute to the Guides section with a better overview on how certain resistances work. I still think you are using a much more complicated model but I am not going to argue on the subject here.