PATCH NOTE 26/05/2021

Hey there, welcome to the Metin2.SG forum, here you can find a lot of interesting stuff, why don't you register your account? It only takes a minute! Click on the "Forum Login or forum-register" button on the top-left corner!
  • Dear Community,

hereby i want to present the Patch Notes of today, the 26th of May 2021

• Channel Changer is now Instant
    • Heaven's Lair 1&2 now require Level 80 to enter
    • White Flag can only be used once every 180 Seconds
    • The duration of the "Grilled Loach" effect is drastically reduced
    • Metin and Boss Respawn mechanics were altered. [For Details check Spoiler.]

Kind Regards,

The Metin2 SG Team

• i dont think the metin/boss part is a good idea and ill explain why. In a way, yes it will be easier to figure out the respawn time, but you forgot one aspect of this problem. Some people literally camp these bosses 24/24, for someone who is new to the game or maybe not that good geared for pvp it will be way harder to find any boss (i.e Captain Yonghan). Im telling this from my own experience, because the only way to gather keys for the aqua dragon for me is to be one of the first players that figures out the respawn time of this boss after a maintenance, or to farm at very late hours but thats a hardcore way to do things. Just a thought.

• i dont think the metin/boss part is a good idea and ill explain why. In a way, yes it will be easier to figure out the respawn time, but you forgot one aspect of this problem. Some people literally camp these bosses 24/24, for someone who is new to the game or maybe not that good geared for pvp it will be way harder to find any boss (i.e Captain Yonghan). Im telling this from my own experience, because the only way to gather keys for the aqua dragon for me is to be one of the first players that figures out the respawn time of this boss after a maintenance, or to farm at very late hours but thats a hardcore way to do things. Just a thought.

Indeed.

However, the issue wasn't figuring out when did bosses spawn. Those who wanted to know, could easily find out - either by themselves or by snooping around. This meant that lazy people who had no interest in bosses could just skip this information as well.

Now that everyone knows exactly when they spawn, gaining interest for a boss is as easy as looking at the in-game clock.

This is a double-edged sword.

Newbies have it faster knowing when this/that boss spawns and only need to spend time making scrolls.

Dart will have an easier time cycling through every single boss on every CH and KSing everybody.

Speaking of that, I was expecting like 2-3 seconds until CH change (always) and not instant. Certainly the important players won't complain about this in relation to the boss respawn time, but those people that still need to switch EQ when doing them will.

Tradition is the corpse of wisdom.

Those who want to camp them 24/7 were already doing it before update, so this doesn't help them at all.

On the opposite, since all bosses spawn at the same time now (unlike before where they spawned first on CH1, then CH2, and so on), it's much easier for a casual player to get some bosskills in too.