[Maintenance] Gameplay Balancing & Bugfixes

Hey there, welcome to the Metin2.SG forum, here you can find a lot of interesting stuff, why don't you register your account? It only takes a minute! Click on the "Forum Login or forum-register" button on the top-left corner!
  • @Nature2

You guys asked a natural physic motion for metin2, and you were granted, despite metin2 and law of physic does not go along too much. But as i feared it is not about physic, it is about the fact that now you lose instead of win. And it is sad. Archers and Heal mage have two skills that raise the movement speed, by stucking them like you did in the past, these skills are useless. And no the solution is not to give them new skills, is to not let them stuck lol.

Also bare in mind that all classes had unfair power up to compensate the brain damage idea of adding 700 AC and 300 AP with bio quests, so even if now you may think some class are stronger than others, it is because the balance is not done yet.

• Dear @Nature2,

I appreciate your feedback and I respect your opinion, but I would like you to follow my reasoning.
    The stun lock was a bug, the game was not programmed in a way that a player stuck another player on the ground forever just by hitting him.

This created a huge problem between the classes, and thanks to this bug some classes, like Weapon Suras or Body Warriors are now the strongest on pvp, something that does not feel right.
    Or for better say, they are great raid class, and meant to be the best against certain classes, but not against all of them.

I would like to remind how the Archers or Healers, that you yourself quoted, have both a skill that raise the movement speed.
    The Archer skill in particular is useless if you take away the ability to flee from the attacks.

Can this change make it one of the best 1vs1 class?
    Maybe, but we think is right if it is so.

Why?
    Simply try to exp, do solo dungeons, do DTs, do everything that you do with a Sura or a Warrior, try to do it with Archer or Healer.
    They are the hardest class to exp, very limited on the pvp aspect of the game.

Why are they so rare in game?
    Because the only thing they were programmed to do at their best, they could not do it, and this is unfair.

Players need to understand that a class can't be the best in everything, a God on PVM and a God on PVP and a God on Raids cannot exist.
    And the fact that 90% of the playable characters are Sura or Warriors is a clear example, it is because people knew they were the best at everything.

This killed the pvp, killed the wars, killed any kind of strategy.
    What kind of strategy can you do if two classes are good at everything?

I try to let you know that there is a concrete reasoning behind these changes, and if your class is not the top anymore in some aspects of the game, you must understand that is for the well being of the game,
    and for the correct mechanics of the gameplay, so are things that benefict all, included you.

Kind regards,
    [GA]Null

• in my opinion the only reason why suras (weapon) and warriors (body) is cause of their pierce hits. with skills they are not really good. and you forget the point that at raids they are always removed so they get less damage. it would be good to nerf the pierce damage. It makes no sence that ppl deal more damage with a lvl 75 weapon, than me with a rune.

have u ever tried a mage with a bell or a fan doing hits? nobody have bell or fan res so they deal nice damage.

my idea is, that the class res ( like war res, sura res...) gives u the % of pierce res to this class. i dont know if this is too much, but u can test it.

• Pierce formula is just messed up since the game was born and of course it does not ignore the resistance but just the AC. However instead ignoring AC, it also add a damage depending by how much AC your character has.

To be clear if you have 1000 AC, you will suffer 1000+ the damage that you get if your AC is equal to 0.

• You have quite messed things up, thats not Teirusu, isn't too hard to read a name or is it? And warriors does not do 0 damage, even because the minimal damage in game is 1, but they still won't do 1, even when removed.

They will do lower damage, but this is normal, everybody have warrior or sura gears equipped during raids, because they are the most used class,

• like u can see in the photos, Mobs dont show (Level5) and (Boss). or (Level5) or (Boss). @Null so whats the difference with the (Boss) of Tartaros and the (Boss) of Erebus (the mob which Charon and Azrael spawns) because when i kill Tartaros, i dont need to use the wall cuz he dont "move" when i hit him BUT when i hit Erebus, i need to use the wall cuz he "moves" when i hit it and he has (Boss) in his name like Tartaros.

Also, why Tartaros has (Boss) in his name and Charon doesnt have it? Tartaros is not the Boss of dc run (we all know) but he is the Boss of his floor so i think for that reason he has (Boss) in his name but i m not sure about this idea cuz Charon is the Boss of his floor too but he doesnt have the (Boss) in his name and when i hit him, he "moves" so i need to use the wall.

And finally, i thought when u re using poly marble and u cant move for like 5-10 segs WAS FIXED but i made hell run (only happen me in hell run) and x2 times in one run i cant move for 10 segs and then, in the next run, only x1 time i cant move for like 10 segs too so check it please. This was on this last Sunday 4th of September.

PD: sorry for my bad english but my main language is spanish. hope u can understand all.

• There might be a little change you might want to make though. Since you say you made changes to the bosses you wanted I don't know if you forgot or that's on purpose the Esoteric boss in his base form doesn't get knocked back but the reincarnated version of him does.

I know it's not a big deal because he is nearly useless but I'm just saying.

• Dear @megasaxo,
    nobody (from the staff) said "Boss and Level 5 in their name".
    The stun lock was removed only from the bosses that we decided, not for all of them.

Kind regard,
    [GA]Null

i see, i understand. but take notice of this too please (i wrote it too): And finally, i thought when u re using poly marble and u cant move for like 5-10 segs WAS FIXED but i made hell run (only happen me in hell run) and x2 times in one run i cant move for 10 segs and then, in the next run, only x1 time i cant move for like 10 segs too so check it please. This was on this last Sunday 4th of September.

• i see, i understand. but take notice of this too please (i wrote it too): And finally, i thought when u re using poly marble and u cant move for like 5-10 segs WAS FIXED but i made hell run (only happen me in hell run) and x2 times in one run i cant move for 10 segs and then, in the next run, only x1 time i cant move for like 10 segs too so check it please. This was on this last Sunday 4th of September.

in poly it happens

write this on normal chat: '' /set_run ''

• It is not a bug that we can fix, certain poly marbles are simply not meant to be marbles, but they were implemented by the previous team for the sake of showing off "new things".

Just use the normal ones, the purple icon ones and you won't have this problem.

• It actually happens to me every 5 mins in giant wasteland mobs and even using the classic marbles like savage minion or infantry soldier, the purple ones, it probably has something to do with hits from certain monsters dk, but don't waste time trying to correct it, there's more important things to do ^^