Posts by PrometheusX

Hey there, welcome to the Metin2.SG forum, here you can find a lot of interesting stuff, why don't you register your account? It only takes a minute! Click on the "Forum Login or forum-register" button on the top-left corner!

I understand. But then at least please consider tweaking the recipes for changers or otherwise it will be a shitshow in red forest. That aspect of the system can really be made better so all players can at least contribute.

No i am not against someone who complain, i am against someone who complain and hides the real reason behind some made up straight bullshit. The same players who fool new players to sell some ebony with 8 average at a stupid cheap price, are the ones who are now worried of how the new players level up or drop. It is pretty hypocrite.

Saying that you don't like the update because you prefer to grind your ass or that you worked 5 years and now everyone can get the sam e results with less effort is an honest feedback.

You don't have to be this cynic about it though. We are genuinely concerned about the future of the server and the fact that it's straying away from it's concept that attracted all the current players to begin with. Nothing will change anyway in terms of "exploiting" newbies. Veterans will just prepare a 75 farmer within days and invade red forest.

The core concept of the update is fine and I do agree that you can't expect players to grind their ass out for 1 year but now it can be a matter of hours...

So please understand that making in TOO ACCESSIBLE as it is now makes it boring for everybody.

Exp rings and gloves were addressed to me as worthless like 2 weeks ago with "do something about it".

Now that something is done you go with this little detail that the worthless item is not equipped but crafted? Is day one, you are all horny rabbits about rarity so is normal they are gonna be rare for a while.

You still need to grind, +9 items, the 5 good bonus and DSS, you just don't need to grind 1 year which is simply not viable anymore.

How are xp ring and thiefs worthless? They were constantly needed. If people complain about their value you can just decrease their dropchance instead. But anyway the current implementation still needs to be tweaked at least and more recipe variations are needed for sure.

The reason why we didn't announce this is to avoid the typical greedy behaviour that you all do to new or clueless players. Imagine if we showed you a preview of this update, you would all hoard exp rings and gloves at a cheap prices from clueless players.

One of the problem is that rings and gloves are not even used for what they are intended for. The recipe is flawed in that regard...there are so many more items that are way more suitable than these 2. New people can't even afford gloves anymore with their current price...

I also get what you mean that people are not expected to grind that much anymore in 2020 but we just headed straight into barely any grinding required for "perfect" items.

Updates in a server is for get new ppl but, with this last update, exp ring and glove thief is now 5kk each ... so now how news will afford it? they wont be able to get good drop and they will get bored and leave. Will be better reduce the amount of exp ring and gloves or change it for another x100 items.

true, now it's stupid that the best item from 85-90 metins are the xp rings and gloves which are not even farmed for their intended purpose anymore. This hurts new players in the long run...

Shadow The implementation of the system is nice but more transparency is needed for game-changing updates like this, no offense.

Rarity has no uniqueness anymore...this needs to be addressed asap.

It's paramount that all runs are made viable and it's very important that adding rarity is way more expensive. Within hours players already finished adding stats to all their pieces. The consensus was always that if you add this system then make it very hard.

You can add items like flame keys, ice grails, dark lord nails, splinters, stubornness, moonstones etc to recipes. Make every run viable.

But first and foremost adding needs to be way harder.

Ok, so it's been a few hours since the patch is live and I can make a more comprehensive post about it.

Firstly, this system was hinted before a bunch of times but I still believe a poll would have helped lots here Shadow and the update would have had a significantly smaller backlash. The main problem imo is not the idea but the cost to enchant. I said that adding rarity is too cheap, I still believe so. Everyone can very easily afford to add 2 stats on an item and the <10% will actually get something good, especially with the generous dropare of rarity in general. Now, I know that you'd say that it's fair because everyone can do it but at the same time it means that there are no common and rare items anymore, every item is an eventual rarity piece.

The good part about this is that upping any type of item is viable again but this can still hold true even with an increase in enchanting cost.

Another problem is the recipe for the changers: it's a good thing that they are expensive but atm it's really bad that red wood is the only way to get the materials for it...the map was already over-farmed. I hope you're working on extra recipes otherwise the only realistic strategy would be to spam adders on items and then just make another one if the outcome is not the desired one. This is another opportunity to re-purpose drops from dungeons like devil splinters or orc's stubbornness etc

A few hours have passed and already a lot of items were made. It might be a bit to late for a massive change but tweaks like material cost can and should still be made.

I understand that a DSS changer is in the making now. I hope that there's a little more transparency about it before the update(like a poll or a preview). DSS and Rarity are always a hot topic on the server and they also differentiate the good from the best characters. These systems need to be accessible for new players otherwise they will just shy away from it and eventually quit but at the same time they should be hard enough to obtain so that we always have a goal to chase.

I agree with the update, but i do not agree with the "adding is easy changing is hard". I would have prefered it the other way around to not fuck up the economy of the server completly but thats just my 2 cents.

I agree that adding should be more expensive.

the update was announced a long time ago(~2year ago ). so no surprise it's here.

first impressions/suggestions:

• adding should be more expensive imo(currently 100 ore for 1st and 150 for 2nd). I think it should either cost way more or not be 100%
    • the price for changing seems fine
    • I think you should also be only allowed to change on +9 items(not only add)

I like that it gave a purpose to all the bad rarity drops, that a nice plus.

I do agree that res should be nerfed a bit on the high end. Adding more ways to push dmg that are harder to achieve would also be welcome but. Adding 200-300ap to the 96 bio is just a bandaid fix and won't achieve anything on full res.

I disagree Ymir, for the most part skills are much better now than before. I can tell from the NWs so far that you're lacking block and dodge but you def skills quite well. atm you can choose to either def skills or hits...it's very hard to def both(unless you have super class and avg+skill on everything possible). It's usually the case for when we pvp in ochao too, if they have high phys res(to the point where they get <1k hits) then the normal skill dmg is for sure 3-5k.

Back to the pvp stats on costumes: I'm fine with the res being removed from them. Imo the stats on helms are fine.