Posts by Elspeth

Hey there, welcome to the Metin2.SG forum, here you can find a lot of interesting stuff, why don't you register your account? It only takes a minute! Click on the "Forum Login or forum-register" button on the top-left corner!

Dear Players,

Time for the Spookiest Holliday of them all!

This Years Halloween Event will start Friday, October 29th at 16:00 GMT+0!!

It will have a Duration of of 5 Days and will therefore end on 3rd of November.

During the whole Event there will be an experience bonus of 25%!

The Event will be divided into 2 categories of events:

• Game Events

Throughout all the Map, next to each Metin Stone there will be a counterpart Halloween Metin Stone.

Please note that you must destroy both the Metin and the Halloween-Stone in order for them to respawn, as a Halloween-Stone will only spawn together with its counterpart.

These special Halloween Metin Stones have an adjusted drop and you will be able to obtain Halloween Pumpkins from them!

Halloween Metins:

- Level 5-60: are identical to their counterparts, but have a medium chance to drop a Halloween Pumpkin.

- Level 65-90: have slightly altered drops and lowered changer drop rate. However, they have a better piece of Halloween Pumpkin, possibly multiple of them.

- Level 105-120: have a guaranteed chance of dropping multiple Halloween Pumpkin. However they have altered drops and won't drop Changers.

A lot of you suggested to include Dungeons into the Event, so thats what we did.

For the Halloween Event, some specific (not all of them!) Dungeon Bosses will also drop Halloween Pumpkins.

Dungeons that take part in this Event are disclosed in the following Spoiler!

During the Event you may obtain different types of Summon Scrolls,

they should NOT be used near Walls, Safezones, structures or inside dungeons.

When Spawned, ANYONE can attack them, spawning them is at own risk.

Additionally, every day, at a random time there will be a Mini Event.

This Mini Event will be announced in both Discord and In-Game, so pay attention to our announcements!

• Forum Events

- Screenshot Contest (Theme: Spookiest Moments)

During the whole event, every player can send Tary the best and most creative screenshots. The best 4 will be rewarded!

Word Search Contest

- There will be a new puzzle to solve everyday which will be posted at 14:00 GMT+0! The first player to solve it everyday will get an Odin's Ring. Remember that you have to send Tary your answer via private message here on Forum. We will not accept any answers given in this thread.

- Best moments during Halloween Event 2021 (Video Contest)

During the whole event every player can send Tary videos of their best moments during Halloween Event. The best 4 will be rewarded!

If you any questions or suggestions feel free to let us know!

We hope you all enjoy this year's Halloween Event with us!

Kind Regards,

Metin2 SG Team

-(May be subject to changes)-

ALL THE SCHEDULED EVENTS ARE CANCELLED DURING HALLOWEEN EVENT!!

actually I was looking for a guide about which item to pick up, prices and so on

I am probably not the best person to tell you whats worth to sell etc.

Though here's a few Basics;

Rarity Items

-> You can bring them to the Rarity Alchemist which will scrap them for Rarity ore which can always be sold well.

-> Decent Items with good Rarity like Ebony Earrings can always make a buck or two

Upgrade Materials

-> Stuff thats used for good Poly Marbles [Beast Master NPC]

-> Stuff thats commonly used for upgrading like Unknown Medicine+

Soulstones

High Level players need 75 of them for each Hydra ticket they want to craft, so you'll always be able to sell your spares

Horse Medals

They are probably not extremely expensive, but people can use them to expand their Mount duration, so i am sure they'll also sell

I'll link you some guids i'll consider useful

They idea of selling such items (permabanned) is quite funny and cool yet I highly doubt there are many items worth buying :D

Well it generally is the same as the Judiciary auctions, stuff that was previously confiscated by the law enforcers, in this case us rather than a police officer or similar, gets sold in an auction.

The server is online for 12 Years by now,

I am a GM for roughly 2 Years here and well, when i search for my name in the bann list this happens

41a7c695da9a2b507433eac29e46ea77.png

As you can see, i banned 2437 Accounts at this point in time, and let's just say compared to Shadow i look like an Amateur.

I'm pretty sure that we'd be able to find some stuff, especially because it wouldnt be meant to be done on a daily basis but much rather than a sort of Event.

Dear Community,

as mentioned by Shadow on our Discord earlier today, we were considering the option of GM Auctions as it would bring a bunch of benefits into the game.

For one, it would take out gold in big amounts, which helps keeping the gold value stable.

For the other, it gives us the option to bring Items into play, that could be Costumes or potentially Items from previously Permabanned players.

Naturally, there would be a few criteria to those auctions.

While we consider the option of auctioning some items of Perma banned players, it goes without saying that those people can not be banned for Hacking or similar, the items must still have been earned on a normal and fair way.

Also, the Player would need to be permabanned without the chance of redemption. Meaning that they have 0 chance of ever being unbanned.

Before we'd Introduce something like this, we'd like to know your Opinion on this though, as it would be a big step.

Dear Community,

there will be a reboot tomorrow to apply some fixes.

There is no time set for the reboot yet, it will be announced shortly before.

After that reboot both the Event Item Mall will be gone.

Bought items obviously remain with you, you just wont be able to purchase any new ones.

The Cake NPC's will also be gone after that Reboot, so please make sure to do all your crafting before!

Kind Regards,

The Metin2SG Team

That would make the Event AND the market horribly unbalanced, since lv 25 Metins are far easier to kill than level 90 Metins, everyone would simply go on a low level char and farm map1/map2.

The low levels are heavily rewarded by the fact that their progress is far far more easy during the event.

You have double the amount of metins

-> Double the amount of Changers [On Metins between Level 25-60 that is]

-> Double the amount of Exorcism/Hermit

-> Double the amount of Rarity Ore

-> Double the amount of Soulstones [On Metins 40+]

Dear Players,

Hereby i want to present the Patch notes of todays Patch, 07/10/2021.

• Improved the drop rate of Green Adder/Changer from Metins noticeably
    • Improved the drop rate of Red Adder/Changers from Metins moderately
    • Improved the drop rate of Blue Adder/Changer from Metins slightly
    • Improved the drop rate of Exorcism Scroll / Hermit's Advice from lower level Metins slightly
    • Added the Weapon Drops back to the level 105 Metins in order to ensure a proper flow of Rarity Ore
    • Added Armor Drops to the lv 115/120 Metins for the same reason
    • Improved the drop rate of Thief's Glove & Experience Ring from Metins moderately
    • Adjusted Meley Run rewards [Added new Item 'Mythic Cor Draconis EX' to the Chests]
    • Improved the drop of Jotun Thyrm [Temple of Ochao Final Boss]
    • Improved the drop of Cursed Chief Orc [Orc Maze Final Boss]
    • Added Anniversary Event Content [Inactive untill needed]
    • Added Partial Halloween Event Content [Inactive untill needed]
    • Fixed an issue with White lion having setbacks when running to fast
    • Reduced Hydra Ticket craft cost
    • Reduced the "Key of the Arachnids" craft cost
    • Fixed issues on the "Advanced Search" tab. There were settings put slightly incorrect which had to be adjusted in order to properly function
    • Enabled Couple's ring and Teleport scrolls on Enchanted Forest
    • Doubled the chance to obtain Rainbow Stone from Hydra Chest
    • Added an improved version of the Price saving function to the Shop System
    • Deleted the Teleport Ring quest as the system is outdated, due to the Warp Panel [Teleport Rings also won't work anymore.]
    • Improved Alchemy upgrade rates slightly

Dear Players,

There will be a Maintenance Reboot in Roughly 1 Hour.

The Estimated Duration is 20 Minutes

Patch Notes will be available once the Server is offline for the Maintenance.

Kind Regards,

Metin2 SG

Enchanted Forest Monsters are on my Radar, i nerfed them by a decent chunk but we also nerfed Skill resist, so that factors in on the.. healers? or was it the druids?

One of which anyhow. Might need to nerf that specific mob a little further.

As for the fact that you can't see your own items in the Search, that is completely intended. Would kinda suck if you just randomly start buying your own stuff, wouldn't it?

Dear Players,

i want to present you the patch notes for the patch of xx/xx/xx

• Adjusted the Drop of All Metins between level 5 - 120
    • Adjusted the Max HP of all Metins
    • Added more Metins to the Sahara Desert
    • Added more Metins to the Fireland
    • Added more Metins to the Ice Mountain
    • Removed some Metins from the Dark Temple
    • Reduced the Spawn time of Metins in Ghost Forest
    • Reduced the Spawn time of Metins in Red Wood Forest
    • Reduced the Spawn time of Metins in New Red Wood Forest
    • Added more Metins to the Dragonfire Cape
    • Added more Metins to the Thunder Mountains
    • Added more Metins to Bay
    • Added more Metins to Dawn
    • Added more Metins to Enchanted Forest
    • Adjusted the drops of "Yamachon, the Firelord"
    • Adjusted the drops of "Nemere, the Icelord"
    • Adjusted the drops of "Jotun Thyrm"
    • "Adjusted the drops of "Ochao Prince"
    • Adjusted the drops of "Strong Ochao Prince"
    • Changed the Spawn Mechanic of the "Ice Witch" to behave like a normal Boss
    • Increased "Ice Witch" Max HP
    • Increased "Ice Witch" Damage
    • Improved "Ice Witch" Drop
    • Added a New Costume thats Unique to the Ice Witch Costume Chest
    • Added a New Sash thats Unique to the Ice Witch Costume Chest
    • Added a New Weapon Set thats Unique to the Ice Witch Costume Chest
    • Nerfed the Damage of the "En-Tai" Monsters on the Enchanted Forest Map
    • Adjusted the Level of Enchanted Forest monsters
    • Changed the Beta Map Metins Levels, formerly 95-105, now all of them are 105
    • Adjusted the Gnoll Archer's damage type from Melee to Ranged
    • Adjusted the Level of Enchanted Forest Metins, formerly 110 and 120, now 115 and 120
    • Adjusted Ochao Run - It is a Private Run now losing the Invade feature and making moonstones more accessible
    • Added a Ticket requirement to Temple of the Ochao
    • With the Adjustion of Ochao run, Enchanted forest now has 4 Channels
    • Adjusted the "Drop Info System" in order to display rates more generically instead of Numbers that are highly irritating as a player can never actually calculate their drop chance to begin with [Too many hidden factors, too much confusion.]
    • Adjusted Dragon Stone Alchemy System - Skipping and Downgrades do not exist anymore. Therefore, "Antique", "Intermediate" and "High" now need 2 of themselves to reach the next level
    • Adjusted the rates of Dragon Stone Alchemy upgrading
    • Adjusted Orc Maze - Drop rate of Lv 30 Weapons lowered, Boss chest improved. Level 30 Weapons from the Boss chest drop with significant Rarity chance increase.
    • Adjusted Plague Run - Ninjas and Mage Buff are not a requirement to finish the run anymore
    • Gold Crucian Carp, Loach and Perch effect were Changed. Due to this Change, all existing ones were deleted.
    • Improved Blue Death Box [Chances to obtain the Blacksmith Diamond improved]
    • Improved Giant Plague Carriers Box
    • Improved Ice Coffin [Ice Witch Chest]
    • Improved King Spider's Box
    • Ancient Tree Chest altered
    • Bagjanamu Chest slightly Improved
    • Improved King Spider's drop
    • Removed Blacksmith Diamond from Hydra's Chest, replaced with Master Compass
    • Added a phasing effect after reviving so you can phase through Monsters
    • Buffed the "Slow" status effect - Now also reduces casting and attack speed
    • Nerfed the "Skill Resist" stat - is generally less effective now.
    • Added a cap to the "Block physical Attack" and "Dodge Arrow" stats of 60% as they are too strong in both PvM and PvP without a cap.
    • Changed the effects of "Gold Crucian Carp" "Loach" and "Perch"
    • Added "Treasued Weapons" Crafting recepice to the "Master" NPC
    • Added "Key of the Arachnids" Crafting recepice to the "Master" NPC
    • Adjusted the Spider Baroness run - It will now not require the questline anymore, instead, you will require a ticket that is craftable at the "Master" NPC.
    • Added Spider Baroness run to the Dungeon Info
    • Exchanged OX Event questions with Metin2 related questions
    • Reworked the Budokan Event Categories
    • Changed the Rewards of "Bronze Certificate" "Silver Certificate" "Golden Certificate" and "Hero's Certificate"
    • Updated the Mystery Box
    • Fixed a bug which caused the DSS Wheel to be always active and grant the bonus regardless of which DSS are equipped
    • Quest Potion (Bound version) is now stackable
    • Key of the Arachnids is now Stackable
    • Mythic Cor Draconis are now stackable
    • Premium Pack EXP rings are now stackable
    • Spirit Blessing [Both, 50% and 80%] are now stackable and tradeable
    • Rarity Adder and Changer are now Stackable [Rarity Adder remains unobtainable though.]
    • Bear & Panda Chest are now Stackable
    • All Costumes & Hairstyles should now be sellable to NPC vendors in order to make the refunding process easier
    • Replaced the Bound Inventory Expansion ingame with the normal version, also made the bound version trade/vendorable
    • Adjusted a lot of other Items, Quest Rewards are now sellable to vendors in order to make sure you can get rid of them if you have no need for them
    • Adjusted Invisibility & Stealth. Buffs and Sparkles will not be visible anymore, even after mounting or teleporting untill you are visible again.
    • Added a Yang Hide option into the Game Options.
    • Adjusted the Moonlight Chests [S/M/L] and replaced the "trash" drops with their value in gold, essentially keeping the chest rewards the same but less annoying to open.
    • Adjusted "Coffer of Wisdom" [OX Event Rewards]
    • Added a function to adjust your personal view distance for shop names
    • Added a function to completely make all shops invisible

The New Shop System!

In Co-operation with the Developer Ikarus we are proud to present our new and unique shop system!

The Features? Lets go!

• A completely new and improved Shopsearch
    • A Completely new design
    • An Auction feature! Put up your Items for Auction
    • Bidding on live sales
    • Live editing of shops [Adjusting Prices, Adding or Removing items from open shops
    • A List of shops which will list all shops
    • Open them from anywhere! You can open your shop whereever, it will automatically put a copy of your shop in all 3 Map1 locations in all 4 Channels
    • A list of offers! - You can check wether or not anyone bid on the items in your shop and decide wether you want to accept or decline those.
    • A Shop history! - Displays what you bought/sold
    • Search Patterns - here you can save your common searches and autofill the search system with them.
    • An Auction list - Lists all Auctions

Dear Players,

There will be two Maintenance reboots in the following 2 days.

One will be tomorrow on the 30th of September, which is just a small patch to adjust some things irrelevant to players.

The other will be the long awaited content rebalancing and shop update on 1st of October.

The Maintenance on the 1st of October will take several hours, therefor the server will also be offline for several hours.

There is no exact time for either of the reboots yet, we will notify you shortly before.

Kind Regards,

The Metin2SG Team.

Hello. I have a report to do. It's about xx who swore at me for no reason. Use Romanian - English disctionary

Hey there,

you should read the thread again.

This isn't the correct place to Report someone.

Publically posting Direct Messages is generally not a nice thing to do.

If you want to report the person you spoke of, read the first post in this thread and follow whats written there please.

Code
    username : xxxx I know my password but the system is locked I lost my e-mail connection can you help me please change your e-mail address to xxxx or xxxx

This isn't the proper place to discuss such things.

Eitherway, if you simply forgot the e-mail we can help you finding out which one it is. If you don't have access to it anymore you will need to contact your mail provider to re-gain access to it. If it is deleted, you can send a mail change request here

https://www.metin2sg.com/Support

Doing something like that in a public Forum, posting your ID and E-Mails is never a good idea.

Hello Elspeth,

What do you think about removing the " I want to train " message when reading soul stone? It's not a big problem, but it does get annoying! what is your thoughts about that?

~Jp :)

Generally this is not the suggestion forum, but to answer your question;

I do understand why you'd suggest that but i don't think it's a good idea.

If people use it, go negative and lose items and demand them back, we c an always refer to that message. If we were to remove that message, what would we refer to? Common sense, maybe, but thats about it.

Just try to stay below -1 Rank when reading soulstones, then the message wont appear.

Dear Community,

hereby i want to present todays Patch Notes of the 11th of June 2021

• Fixed the Spawn timer of bosses/metins, they shifted the longer the server was online.
    • Prevent the use of Aura / Enchanted blade bug [Cast it on your Hand]
    • Unclickable / Phaseable NPC's to avoid having players being bothered by pets during PvM/PvP

Kind Regards,

Metin2 SG Team

Dear Community,

hereby i want to present the Patch Notes of today, the 26th of May 2021

• Channel Changer is now Instant
    • Heaven's Lair 1&2 now require Level 80 to enter
    • White Flag can only be used once every 180 Seconds
    • The duration of the "Grilled Loach" effect is drastically reduced
    • Metin and Boss Respawn mechanics were altered. [For Details check Spoiler.]

Kind Regards,

The Metin2 SG Team