Posts by Etherial

Hey there, welcome to the Metin2.SG forum, here you can find a lot of interesting stuff, why don't you register your account? It only takes a minute! Click on the "Forum Login or forum-register" button on the top-left corner!

Thank you for the nice updates and events^^

Suggestion: add something to dungeons as well for the people who dislike farming metins, could be the same concept, anniversary bosses that spawn after the original ones are killed, or simply adding slices of cakes to dungeon drops at rates you find reasonable. I'm sure you'll find the best way to do it ^^

Cheers!

What if you add the ability to phase through units after respawning for the same duration of invisibility? If it's doable it will solve this problem. (phase only through units and not structures to avoid going inside walls and such)

Ok bro I will tell you why.

Because most of the pvp players are assholes to new players when it comes to pvp. Everyone knows me, I've been doing pvm for quite a while and lately I started making pvp. Obviously I am no match to the elite players since I am nowhere near matching them in items / dss / etc...

But I started doing pvp, started to join NW. What did I get for it? People started calling me names, trashtalking me, calling me noob/smurf etc...

The best part is, they start to camp you since you are the weakest link and probably die from 2 skills.

That's the reason why people don't make pvp. Because it's a long road to perfect it like many other guys here and no one can tolerate all the negativity that's gonna hit him during the road.

I personally am still trying to join the pvp scene, I just don't want people hating me because of it.

Cheers.

Hello, I'd like to talk about the level of monsters in enchanted forest and high level dungeons.

Now since most events are based on the level of monsters being close to your character level, I feel it's necessary to increase the level of monsters so people above lv105 can farm with their main chars and not be forced to play on lower level farmers.

For example, most of the monsters in enchanted forest/Erebus are around lv102-104 (I said most because there are few exceptions) and they are not as many as the other mobs in lower level maps.

Moreover, monsters in hell and ice run are kind of lower level than their designed dungeon, for example, you need lv100 to enter hell run, why would there be monsters below lv90 there? It makes no sense and it only decreases the drop for players who decide to level up above lv105 (there are many players who don't level up past lv105 to maintain good drop).

If this is not considered to be a good point for a change, may I suggest adding new farm maps / dungeons for higher levels that have enough high level monsters so they can farm with their main accounts like other players. Since Zodiac is in the making, this might be a good opportunity to implement this idea.

Cheers.

which polies have you been using and where at now?

I tried almost all of them, mainly in hell run. I lost 8k damage on boss and 12-14k on hell metin / mobs.

Not a single one is good to use for the whole run like before. The run takes much more time to finish due to lack of damage. And despite the fact that it can be done without poly until reaching the boss, it is not efficient at all considering the time spent / rewards given. A low level farmer can make more gold in the same amount of time just by hitting metins.

Moreover, everbody knows what were the most commonly used poly marbles before the update, not because they had extra damage or some elemental resistance, but because their animation is good. So simple. And now these exact poly marbles that everyone used before are unaccessible due to the high amount of mats that require low level farming, while the rest won't be crafted since their attack animation is bad.

As for the addition of aos/blade, as far as I remember they removed it because they said it's a bug and you shouldn't be able to use them in poly. Now it's back for some reason. 😅

Totally ruined high level farming. Especially for mages and sins who rely on dungeons to make gold rather than farming metins.

After playing almost everyday to get decent gear and levels on my ninja to do runs, this poly change came up to force me out of dungeons.

If doing a dungeon now requires farming on a low level char for 70kk worth of mats for a poly that is way less effective than before (damage reduced A LOT), I'd rather stop playing at all.

I don't know what is really the issue, same damage before and after update, new polies are good.

It seems only ninja's damage got nerfed. After we tested on 4 different ninjas with multiple variations of poly marbles, they all lost almost like 40% of their damage.

While a test on warrior/sura shows that damage is still the same. In fact they do more damage than sins now.

Which class did you try?

Can you please add preview to costumes like you did with mounts? Sometimes people refund because they didn't like how the costume looked on their char.

If you don't want to waste too much time on taking screenshots for each class/gender with every costume, I am willing to volunteer and do it on a test server or something and provide you with 1 screenshot for each costume including all classes/genders.

The timed items seems like a good idea. I've seen it on many other games/servers.

On another hand, I personally think that the price drop is related to how generous the drop system is. Some consumables in the game are quite expensive due to the fact that they are not easily dropped or accessible to everyone. This means that the market can be easily fixed by decreasing the drop rate of the consumables people always complain about. Of course none of the players will like this idea, because anything that affects the drop is off limit for some players when it comes to suggestions.

You don't really need to "hoard" items to decrease their price nowadays. You just need to farm 2h a day and drop 150 green/red changers or 50 blue changers. Yes only 2 hours. There are so many additions to the server that boosted players' damage and allowed them to farm more metins per glove, adjusting the drop rate accordingly wouldn't be so bad in my opinion.

And no, even though the prices will rise, a player's income will remain almost the same. For example, instead of farming 50 blue changers per glove and sell them for 5w (10kk ea.), you will farm 25 blue changers instead and still sell them for 5w (20kk ea.)

People have been passing through doors since forever. It happened to me once.

It's due to connection instability. But when you reach the seal that takes you to the next stage it will deny passage until the whole pass is open (the doors you passed through should be destroyed in order to advance).

Thanks for the reply and clarification.

Hello, I thought of some fixes and new features and I hope you like them.

1- Offline messages: Now since you can send a PM to shops via shopsearch, shop accounts are offline most of the time and you can't PM them to make an offer, so adding an option to send them an offline message sounds like a good idea (can be in exchange for a small amount of gold maybe like 5kk or so).

2- Poly Stamina: The fact that forcing the player to write a command (/set_r) everytime he runs out of stamina while polymorphed is kinda annoying because he stops moving at all. My suggestion is to either add a walking animation to poly or remove stamina at all while using it.

3- Stuff that affect poly damage: There are some DSS (Sapphire/Onyx) and some boosters (tiger earrings, vitality stone) that reduce your damage while used in polymorph. Having that fixed would be nice.

4- invisible monsters: Sometimes when you cape a lot of monsters, some of them start damaging you while you can't damage them at all unless you move your position a bit because they become invisible. It used to happen to me at low level in spider cave and now at hell run. It doesn't happen very often though and I don't know what triggers it, but it's good to mention it.

5- Achievment system: When you give a game a lot of your time it's nice to have some sort of achievement system to track everything you're doing. It can either have rewards or not. Achievements can be like (total monsters killed, total bosses killed, total dungeons finished, etc...)

I find this idea nice because it can lead to another idea which is the BattlePass system, where at certain time intervals (1-3 months), players can subscribe to BattlePass with a certain amount of TP to unlock certain achievements during the BattlePass period and rewards can be some unique perma costumes that never get released again after the end of the BattlePass period.

6- Passive skills: Passive skills are books that drop from mobs like mining/polymorph and can be read like them as well from normal, master to perfect level. This will give players some stuff to work on as well as improving their characters. Passive skills examples can be (Skill duration, melee/magic percentage, attack power, etc...)

7- Shopbox price saving: When setting a shopbox, putting a price for each item of similar kind can be very frustrating at times. Hence, I suggest making it save the last price you set for an item and apply it for the rest right away. You may think that this is good for consumables but not for items (for example if someone is selling 3 battle swords and each one have a different price), well that player won't be really affected by that since he will have to change the price anyway just like he used to do it before, so I can't see a downside to this.

8- Seperate/hide gold chat: when farming, you can't read any chat due to the amount of gold flooding your chat when being picked up. I suggest either adding an option to hide gold pickup chat or seperate it with a smaller chat box next to the normal one. I know you can press L to see the window where you can choose the chat you want to see, but some players like me dislike the idea of having this window on the screen while farming just to not miss guild/all chat.

9- Horse in pvp: The fact that you can mount anytime you want makes it viable to people abusing it in pvp or even in farm maps. I suggest adding a 5 seconds delay to using mount if you take damage from another player.

10- Supreme hermit: this item (if added) can be crafted at Master NPC with a recipe like 100 hermit + 100 exorcism scroll and it increases the chance of reading a rainbow stone by 50% or so (Staff can workout the numbers, I'm just giving an example). This might decrease the frustration of failing Rainbow stones considering how expensive getting one has become. Moreover, it will boost the price of hermits/exo scrolls which can benefit lower level players as well.

11- 7 days mounts skins/Costumes: I liked the idea that came with the halloween event in the itemshop. My suggestion is that 7 days mount skins / costumes should be available all year long with extra stats. This way a player can choose between paying the same amount of TP for 4 times a month to benefit from extra stats or just pay it once for reduced ones that last 30 days. (This might add a TP flow to the server along with the battlepass idea mentioned earlier).

12- Shop Preview: It would be nice to be able to see how a skin looks before buying it. Most of the times people buy a costume to try it out and then end up disliking it but forced to use it for the next 30 days. The ideal case is adding it directly to the itemshop, but that might be a lot of work. An easier way to do this is simply by making a new discord channel called ItemShop Preview where there's a pic of every costume, skin and pet with its title above it. People can check it and look for the thing they intend to buy to see how it looks, and it can be updated easily if new stuff hit the ItemShop since all it takes is a screenshot of GM using it and posting it on Discord.

I hope to see positive comments only, either if you liked the suggestions or not to keep the thread clean. I had some ideas regarding sash/talismans but these are already being worked on.

Thanks.