Posts by Nature2

Hey there, welcome to the Metin2.SG forum, here you can find a lot of interesting stuff, why don't you register your account? It only takes a minute! Click on the "Forum Login or forum-register" button on the top-left corner!

Firstly, i want to express my appreciation for the work done by the team in order to improve the gameplay.
    I play metin2 for like 9 years or so and this is easily the best server i ever played on.

Secondly, i want to share my opinion regarding these new updates once again.
    I noticed that team considered all the feedback regarding the previous removal of stun lock, which made 50% of the server to go crazy, and this is a pleasant surprise for me because i did not really expect things to change again after such a strong and steep position which Shadow took at first sight.

Right after seeing the new update post on forum i was very excited and logged ingame to test how it feels but i didn't really expected the new dynamics. Sadly, i think this new "stun lock" is 90% as it was when it was completely remove, so i don't see too much change and i will try to point things out further.

I say that because when you do the first hits of the combo it works exactly like when stun lock was completely removed, there is no effect, no push back, the opponent stays in the same coordinates.
    The change is that, the last hit of the combo pushes back the opponent but in a way in which doesn't feel natural at all.
    There is also something strange sometimes, when you do the last hit at a certain angle, the push back is somehow out of control, something like playing pinball with your opponent.

Let me give an example :
    When you do a normal combo with body warrior, the first 3 hits have absolutely no effect, the opponent stay the same whilst doing the 4th and last hit of the combo, it strongly pushes the opponent which i find it funny (e.g. Shadow mentioning about how funny it was when 2 body warriors fell back on their ass like there is some force between them) since the absurdity is even more unnatural than those duels governed by the "force".
    Same goes for the complete combo.
    Now, in addition, there is also some weird effect as i mentioned before : when you do the last hit at a certain angle, the opponent is pushed back twice and with a higher intensity.

I believe there is almost no difference since the last update regarding dynamics and effects, because the actual push back is still unnatural and sometimes out of control.
    Regarding 1v1, the problem remains because long range classes will still not be controled in any way so they are free to just run around and destroy any melee class with ease.
    I hold my belief that stun lock is a necessary evil for the game balance in pvp because this is the only way melee classes would stand a chance against long range classes.

Now, i want to emphasize why it is necessary to have stun lock in duels :

-when long range classes run around, even if you would make any dmg with skills, even if you do the perfect play with perfect items, there is no chance to win since you miss a lot of skills and hits and the primary weapon of a melee is completely nerfed ;

-the duel becomes dull when 2 close combat characters fight, since they will just press space like crazy and it is not needed to have any skill as a player since you only press they keys like crazy ( before, you needed good timing of the skills and hits in order to repel the stun lock - who is crying that they can't move or make skills in duel clearly don't know how to duel );

-there is no sense in losing so much time running to catch your opponent, it's completely pointless.

These are only a few arguments which come to my mind in this moment, there are probably more things which can be analyzed in order to make a preliminary conclusion.

I believe the game would be just perfectly balanced if you guys would just leave the old stun lock system and just shape all the other features of pvp.

My point is that, since you already nerfed attack power from bio and you will soon nerf pierce hits also, melee already lose a huge amount of power and it makes no sense to destroy the dynamics just to completely nerf them and make new advantages for long range classes. The balance is around that point where you know when to stop (i.e. the point where you nerf a lot the dmg of hits, but not go in reverse and overpower long range classes).
    If the other classes could fight against stun lock before, why change it ? This is, in my opinion a trade mark for metin2, that flying thing which gives you the thrill to overcome it ( players will know what i mean ). Making things too easy will just not be as fun as before.

After i shared my point of view, i want to make a few suggestions as well, since critics without providing solutions is senseless.

So, since you guys are so determined to destroy the effect of stun lock, at least you could do it in a way which doesn't change the dynamics too much.
    I mean you could leave those effects and just work on the other side of the problem : the feedback of the opponent ( i.e. the ability to make the skill even if you are flying around ). You could make the skills stronger than the stun lock, some kind of counter-stun lock which to overcome the effect of being stunned and not being able to make the skill.

More precisely, if combo from hits can stun you, why not make the skill somehow stronger that this and counter-stun you ?
    For example, i am sure that certain skills had already before a very small amount of this concept. Let's take for instance 2 skills of body warrior : charge and whirlwind.
    In "flying around" state, it was obviously easier to outcome this with charge, rather than whirlwind.

What i am saying is that you could start from this point and develop a practical model which could improve a lot the gameplay in my opinion, since timing, order and nature of the skill will play a crucial role in duel.
    You will still get the balance you seek in pvp, whilst keeping the old roots and just shaping around until the desired results are reached.

I am not sorry for the long post ; these are a few thoughts and ideas which i had to share with you.
    I still wonder who will have the patience to read all this :)

@Mysticka What the hell are you talking ? Long range classes should have an advantage over close range classes ? I think you are drunk.

If you are long range that doesn't mean everyone will start playing long range. Your way of thinking is funny .
    If you can't face balance between classes, it means you don't have the right items for pvp.

Game is supposed to give each character advantages and disadvantages.
    In this moment, it only gives advantages to some classes and the rest are becoming completely useless, which is not ok.

I don't get how the team can make such a mistake...i mean if a person tells you are wrong hmm idk, if 2 persons tell you are wrong idk...
    If 20 people tell you are wrong, You might actually be wrong.

All this "balance" is by far the biggest imbalance this server had to face.
    How can you talk about balance when close combat characters have absolutely no chance to win 1v1 against long range classes ?

Shadow was talking about the fact that BM, archer and healer had a huge disadvantage because of auto attack,
    yet there is one healer mage who had many wins in budokan, especially against close combat characters like body warrior and sin dagger. Also there were archers in budokan who had the supremacy, not to mention other categories like bronze silver gold where BM lead it for ages.

In fact, auto attack is the only thing that make PVP being balanced, because if long range classes can simply run in circles and hit you, there is absolutely no chance to even make any dmg.

This server allows you to have something like 75% chance to block. Actually healer was invincible vs warrior before the "balance update", with all the auto attack and pierce because simply you can't make more dmg than heal when the healer has huge chance to block and res, yet he can still dmg you and poison and pierce in all this time.
    Not to mention the fact that budokan doesn't allow liquids, so magic classes have the advantage.

Also, if i remember well, there was one bm in gold category named kasuraa who could kill any body warrior with all his auto attack just by running in circles with ROD on.
    If i remember there was an archer in hero category who could kill body very easy just by poison, running away and finally using skills in close range ( seems that skills can be made against auto attack if you know how to play )

Actually, if you look at budokan winners list, you will see that body warrior and weapon sura have the least wins.
    So tell me more about how stun lock and auto attack make this game imbalanced.
    So again, as other people say, gz to the team for making close combat characters completely useless in pvp.
    After players invest so much time and work to build their characters, years and years become completely wasted.

The team made a great work until now, there is no doubt that this is one of the best server from this point of view, but everything you built until now will be destroyed because of one huge mistake.
    All the good work you guys did until now will be canceled in a second if you refuse to open your eyes, if you refuse the feedback from players who played this game for years and years and kept PVP alive in this server.

In my humble opinion, arrogance like "if you don't like what we did, just go away" is not the the most creative way to keep the server alive, especially to attract new players.

I really put hope in you that you try at least to analyze all this,since i like to think that you don't consider crazy all the players who made a statement about this.

Fun fact: try a normal duel body vs sin dagger for example and tell me how amazing it is without stun lock. It's like 2 apes hitting each other in the head over and over.
    Well, i can't wait for today's SW to laugh my ass off. I hope you guys will watch.

Now seriously, i appreciate all the work you do, i always supported whatever new update and i look at all this in an objective manner even though i get a disadvantage. I can agree to anything new, but destroying the game dynamics just makes the game inanimate.

I personally don't care about bio nerf too much, i don't care if you remove stun lock in pvm, but don't mess the game dynamics PLEASE. It is the most basic definition of metin2. That is why we all play hack and slash, this is what makes this game enjoyable.

Cheers!

So what is all this with no more push back from normal hits ? Is it bug or part of the update ?
    I hope it is only bug because this would mean to completely destroy the game.

I'm very open minded to new things but completely destroying the game mechanics is absurd.
    I can understand nerfing bio even though it has no sense to put those values 10 times lower than it was.Better just
    remove it, but whatever, i can live with it.

But destroying game mechanics is like turning metin2 into a fail game. I mean there is no more dynamics, how can
    you hit a player and not move at all ? It is against logic.

I am not clairvoyant but if you really assume all these updates ruining game dynamics, i can predict 50% of the players will quit, including me.

If i wanted to play another game than metin2, i would just go for it.
    If i play metin2, i expect to play metin2. I hope i made my point.

In my opinion, the game is supposed to stay simple as it was, that's the main point of this game, i am sure everyone play it because of this. Why complicate things so much ? If you think bio 92 94 96 is bad for the "balance" you seek, just remove it.
    Why introduce DSS system and then trying to balance pvp ? Why introduce rarity and then trying to balance pvp ?
    It really makes no sense, it is like running in circles. PVP was highly unbalanced due to those last updates but i think it is still very balanced since NO ONE can tank 2-3 strong players in raid. Even 2 different classes is too much to tank when they have strong dmg.

Anyway, trying to reach an utopia is a big mistake IMO and it will turn into a disaster. Game is ok as it is, with its strengths and weaknesses. Small changes might improve it but too much bravery will ruin it.

So as a final remark, i would like to share my opinion upon new changes.

Again, nerfing bio 92 94 96 to those values is same with removing it but i don't mind too much, it is like going back to the roots so it seems fine to me. +1

Decreasing pierce hits is good because -ye- making so much dmg with pierce hits and so low with skills makes no sense. +1

All the other small changes like fixing heal skill, remove skill etc. again it is fine for me. +1

Now, if you start to mess with all the basics of metin2 like game dynamics, movement, dynamics of skills ( like spinning dagger ), i will just say a big NO and get out of here with a deep regret. -10

I hope you guys will take into account all the feedback from players.

Cheers!