Posts by ZKD

Hey there, welcome to the Metin2.SG forum, here you can find a lot of interesting stuff, why don't you register your account? It only takes a minute! Click on the "Forum Login or forum-register" button on the top-left corner!

First of all i wanna thank you for reading my long post and repliying to it so fast.

What is not fair is having the strongest set in the game completed in few dungeon runs, which is exactly what would happen if the clarity chance gets doubled.

I agree with your major point.

A mythic wheel is one of the biggest accomplishments ingame and it should be really hard to get it - i totally agree and support that opinion.

So if we would get it in a "few runs", it would not only harm the economy of the dss market but also would piss off most of the high tier players that have already overcome the hurdle.

I myself really have no problem farming a few hundered hours only for dss if i see a nice progress while upgrading it.

But i dont think this will be the case with the current rates.

I give you a little fictive example again :) :

A player does 1000 hellruns.

An average hellrun takes 15-20 mins - lets say 20mins for now since it has a cooldown aswell.

The player drops 1,25 legendary cors per run avg.

That would be 1250 legendary cors in 333 hours pure "in run" playtime.

He opens the legendary cors - there are 6 different kinds - so he gets 1250/6=208 legendarys of each kind average.

In my opinion farming 333 hours (pure farming time) should atleast give you the chance of trying to upgrade 1 superclass mythic. It can fail but atleast you should be able to have a try...

I beg you to go on the current live build (= the current server)

Just take 30mins of your time.

Get yourself 208 legendary rubys (you sure have the magic admin wizard skills to do this).

Try to craft a mythic ruby superclass from those 208 legendarys.

See how far you get.

Keep in mind that a 'normal' player that has a real life with work and family really cant do more than 4 runs per day avg.

So the 1000 runs from this example would cost this fictive player 250 days so nearly a year of time.

As i stated before:

The dss system as its implemented right now is way harder than before.

Its fine that dss take a long time but this update went a bit to far with it.

Please go and test the dss upgrading yourself ingame now.

It just takes you few mins, but maybe it can influence your oppinion regarding this topic a bit.

The current DSS rates matches the bonus they give.

Sorry but i didnt understand what this should even mean.

Can you explain it maybe a bit further?

Also excuse my bad english :).

I hope you really try the stuff i wrote ingame.

Greetings

I like this update so far.

Imo i tested all of the new changes for quite some time so i could talk about it after having experienced it first hand.

I can say that there are only 3 things bothering me.

But most of the stuff is pretty nice.

1. I really like the new shopsystem. We can finally search for heavens tear and soulcrystal gems that fit in our sockets :). But there still are some minor problems (qol stuff) that you guys already said youll update later on (like saving prices and rescrolling after buying a item). So a very positive point overall.

2. Metin drops: many players crying about reduced drops but from my experience farming multiple hours on beta maps the switcher/adder drop aswell as the soulstone drop are pretty similar compared to before.

I still drop around 30 switcher/hour like i did pre patch.

The only drops that are lacking are exp/gloves. The drop can be nerfed a bit but that was a little too much.

If you double the current droprate it should be fine again.

Im not unhappy that you reduced the rarity drops either tbh since dropping a legendary should really mean something to the players.

Farming 4 legendarys per hour was a bit of an overkill. (rarity ore dropped so much that it wasnt worth anything - even with the S skills necessity).

I also like the higher density of metins and the faster spawn times, and that you made other maps 'farmable'.

Also nerfing temple and lowlvl farming a bit was a good choice so players dont stay lv 62 for ever but considering lvling up.

3. DSS - the best and similarly the worst change.

Postive things first:

I really like that i dont need to farm the bosses every hour to even have a chance to complete a mythic wheel.

The reduced core drop chance was a really nice step in the right direction.

Also requiring 2 antiques for 1 legendarys was really good since this further nerfs the need to farm the bosses.

Its very fine now like it is.

You are about as quick upgrading dss by farming bosses as you are farming runs - very nice.

BUT:

Upgrading clarity grades like it is implemented right now didnt help anybody in any way.

If you wanna rebalance your game so new players can catch up easier and you know dss is so important in lategame you should make it easier and not harder.

I will explain it here with an example:

Pre-patch i upgraded 3 minors to 1 lowclass and 2 lowclass to one intermediate. Then i upgraded my 1 intermediate to high and if it succeded it was nice otherwise it broke down either to a lowclass or a minor.

If it went up to high i upgraded the high to super or it broke down to a clarity before (mostly lowclass).

You guys updated it so if it breaks, 1 of the dss doesnt go down anymore.

But i need 2 intermediate and 2 highclass for the respective upgrades now instead of the one prepatch.

So lets say i manage to upgrade 2 intermediate stones and wanna try going highclass.

My upgrade fails so i end up with 1 intermediate left. The other stone is completely destroyed now.

If i wanna go for another upgrade to highclass try i have to craft anoter second intermediate right from the beginning.

Pre patch if my 1 intermediate that i was trying to upgrade to high broke, it went back to lowclass and i just needed another lowclass(or minor in worst case) to try to get to intermediate again and try to upgrade that to high

While now i have to craft another full intermediate from beginning again.

The exact same principle applies to highclass to superclass upgrading aswell, which means i need sooooo many more stones in total to craft a superclass.

In a perfect world pre patch i needed 6 minors to craft a superclass.

In a perfect world after patch i need 24 minors for 1 superclass.

This system would be acceptable if atleast the successrate would have been increased by a very very big amount. But from my experience i have to say it only changed by a small little amount.

Increasing the successrate by really really REALLY much is the only fix that could safe this current system.

Imaginary example:

Lets say we life in a perfect world and someone upgrades mythic rubys which are currently worth around 6w ish.

24*6 is 146w.

Which would be pretty fair imo, but as we all know we dont life in this dream world.

So lets say you are guaranteed to upgrade 100% from minor to intermediate everytime (which doesnt even happen nearly 50%) but your inter->high fails 3 times in a row(3 new inter = 18 new minors to buy) then your high->super upgrade fails 2 times and the third time it goes superclass (even if after the first superclass try failure forward every inter to high succeeds 100% [which will likely never happen] we still need 36 new minors for 3 new highs).

So thats a total of 78 minors and i was very very fair to the rates which in reality are way worse (especially since i used 100% minor to inter here).

I beg an admin to go on an old build testserver and try to upgrade like 20 superclass mythics. Calculate the avg. minors needed for each superclass.

Then go to our live build right now and do the same. Compare your results you will see that at the current state we need way more dss - like a huge amount more.

Sure you drop legendarys/mythics now from runs but i would say an avg bossfarmer pre update made legendarys faster then you make them now with doing runs.

But the upgrade process is way too hard now.

I deep dived into the dss topic a bit too much, but thats imo the major problem of this update.

Sure its totally understandable that you cant get everything right the first time, but im afraid without feedback from someone like me that complains or tries to show the mistake nothing will happen - so i just write to get some cloud so an admin can look into this problem.