Posts by Ataxia

Hey there, welcome to the Metin2.SG forum, here you can find a lot of interesting stuff, why don't you register your account? It only takes a minute! Click on the "Forum Login or forum-register" button on the top-left corner!

If they both get licences how Gameforge can make YouTube to block SG videos, it's not even SG video, it's player's videos... I don't get it.
    This makes me sad because i don't have time to play more Metin2, and videos like Mav's and others let me to see some more of Metin like higher level dungeons and pvp.

For starters, Gameforge as a company is many times larger than TEC.

Secondly, when you post stuff on youtube, you must have the rights to the intellectual property being shown in the video. Since you as a player have no rights to post anything about metin 2, a company like Gameforge can request that your video is taken down. TEC, on the other hand, is nice and allows for its content to be posted on youtube, which it has a right to because it purchased them from Ymir. Gameforge, however, does not want TEC servers being shown because it encourages players to play on SG so they block the videos using their rights.

This is the general structure of things, other things may be going on that I'm not informed of since both companies are private.

I dont understant the Tec-Team.
    They say we are Official Server, but they do nothing about the Blocked Videos xD

They are an official server. You must understand how server publishing works.

Metin 2 was initially created by Ymir (the game and everything). Ymir does not want to be in charge of maintaining the server so it sells the official right to run the server to publishers such as TEC Interactive and Gameforge. In this sense, the two are competing for players so obviously Gameforge would want to remove SG videos from youtube.

You guys drive me crazy with your unofficial server talk lol...