Posts by Vyenna

Hey there, welcome to the Metin2.SG forum, here you can find a lot of interesting stuff, why don't you register your account? It only takes a minute! Click on the "Forum Login or forum-register" button on the top-left corner!

Shoutbox

• PaliPali

pfft shoo

• EmyEmy

Forum Lottery should be posted on Tary's wall not here on shoutbox

• PaliPali

03 17 25 38 49 + 04 06

• Jinxie

So Tary.. Any news ? xd about anniversary event or anything

• EmyEmy

2018 anni event was on 5oc to 14th oct so it will be around oct i think

• EmyEmy

Anniversary event i think yes ofc why not oo

• Hiumi

Will we have any event for anniversary?

• Legano

If you need a challenge try s1. Not full of players but lots of fun

• vertical

guys how can i play server 2?

• Thoreau

Is anyone playing S1 or it's pretty over of S1?

• JohnWickTR

How long does maintenance take?

• wlochatybobr

hi got problem with patcher, just downloaded it from home page, and it freeze at 0.3% and exits. Any ideas what can be wrong? I've already exit antyvirus

• Hiumi

Celebiee did u evolve it? Do u have armed/military horsr?

• Celebiee

hey, when can i attack from my mount ?

• Hiumi

Desired sit and wait xD

• SiiiXxHD

Buy Stone of Evasion +6 pm me ingame or here...Ingame: SiiiXx

• SiiiXxHD

SONYKK's Shopbox? Is the person online? PM

• Degmond

You will have to suggest them

• Desired

Waiting for the same update like in server 2.

• cpt00

Iron plate +9 price ?

• :thumbsup:
  • :airborne:
  • :assaultrifle:
  • :banned:
  • :bday:
  • :beer:
  • :blackeye:
  • :borg:
  • :censored:
  • :chainsaw:
  • :chinese:
  • :chrome:
  • :cookie:
  • :crazy:
  • :dance:
  • :dash:
  • :dead:
  • :doofy:
  • :evilgrin:
  • :fie:
  • :gamer:
  • :golly:
  • :growup:
  • :grumble:
  • :hail:
  • :hi:
  • :hmm:
  • :huntsman:
  • :ill:
  • :lol:
  • :miffy:
  • :minigun:
  • :misslelauncher:
  • :modo:
  • :monster:
  • :ninja:
  • :nono:
  • :oops:
  • :pardon:
  • :phatgrin:
  • :pillepalle:
  • :pleasantry:
  • :popcorn:
  • :puke:
  • :pump:
  • :rocketlauncher:
  • :rofl:
  • santa
  • :search:
  • :shit:
  • :sniper:
  • :spiteful:
  • :stick:
  • :stopping:
  • :thinking:
  • :this:
  • :topicclosed:
  • :vain:
  • :wayne:
  • :wbb:
  • :werderw:
  • :xeno:
  • :zombie:
  • :)
  • :(
  • ;)
  • :P
  • ^^
  • :D
  • ;(
  • X(
  • :*
  • :|
  • 8o
  • =O
  • <X
  • ||
  • :/
  • :S
  • X/
  • 8)
  • ?(
  • :huh:
  • :rolleyes:
  • :love:
  • 8|
  • :cursing:
  • :thumbdown:
  • :thumbup:
  • :sleeping:
  • :whistling:
  • :evil:
  • :saint:
  • <3
  • :!:
  • :?:

The claim SG server is dead because there is Global server which took all players there is the most ridiculous I have read to this date. You may want to consider some players were here only waiting for Global to open and nothing would keep them here anyway. Then there is the case of old players who started there instead of daily play in here, for reasons.

What kills the server is the run to perfection and the greed in the market. This is something you might want to consider, whether you like it or not. And this is where you can make the difference, expanding your farming and lowering the prices, taking new players to runs.

At the end of August we had no election for new kings. I can imagine you guys were busy with Global so I didn't insist on the issue. However, no election started and it is 29th of September. Are you going to do something about it?

jureczek Farming gold is the problem, not the clams or the drop in itself. Players like you and me can complete the run very easy and get our hands on lots of gold, which is increasing our purchasing power. This will lead to major increase in prices for certain items such as TP and pearls to the point new players will not afford to play anymore.

I put clams as example because I am interested in a drop in price to a max of 5kk and a flood in the market with pearls from opening the clams, to cut the price in half. I don't know any new player who can afford to upgrade armour, boots, helmet or earrings at the current price the clams have. If you want to have players around, you as old player have to work in ways to stabilize the market. I can't say for sure new players will find the server more attractive if they find stuff they need at affordable prices. The way we are now is not very encouraging, I would not start on a server I can't develop my chars easy enough.

You may not like the idea to see gold removed and I can understand it. I don't have much hope to see any suggestion applied, even in a modified form. But I want a fair answer to the following question: farming mechanics is the same and the drop rate good/very good. Why have the prices doubled in the last 12 months?

Rise and Fall in Population on SG Server

Time has come for a new post in this thread. Forum software claims this thread is obsolete. I don't think it is the case. What I will do here today is presenting the models I work with in order to predict the activity in the server. Second part will consist in a set of suggestions adressed to both players and Team to improve the quality of the game.

I spent five years on this server with good and bad days. I have seen the population rise and fall twice, first in summer 2016 and then a steady decline this year. Opening of 2nd server appears to seal the fate of SG server, with very few players still here while there the numbers are in the hundreds. There is now only 1/5 the shops there used to be and at peak hours the population of both kingdoms has an estimated "huge" number of 30 players. Dead Call chat and empty maps, plenty of room to farm and booming sales.

First model I want to describe is the Greed Model. Players are aiming for state of the art items to farm faster, better and solo if possible, thus getting the max rewards for their investment. Over time it creates a huge gap between old and new players and it takes to the elimination of the latter from game. I will give as example Orc Maze at two different moments in time in SG server and Orc Maze in SG2Global. At its creation in SG server in 2015 Orc Maze had the requirement to run into the maze full with mobs, kill the bosses and get the green adder and changers (that was the only source for them). It was later changed into killing all its mobs before advancing through the maze and for a while now, mobs have been nerfed and drops improved. Needless to say we, players, contributed big time into the elimination of competition from the server, by farming the run solo and increasing the price of green adders and changers to the point beginners were not able to buy them in any way. No items=no play. In SG2Global Orc Maze runs were the main activity in the first days after the opening and now, as the model predicts, not so much.

About second model I spoke in the past, it has a dedicated post in this thread on page one. It is the PvP Model. This one states players are seeking the power to dominate over other players, forcing them away from the best farming spots. PvP players don't fight among themselves, they fight against weaker players. Probably the best example is the opening of SG2Global, those potential players back in March stated they don't want to stick around dinosaurs like me, to get killed and play in an old server with sharks lurking at every corner. Little they know the sharks are now playing SG2Global, doing business as usual.

Last one is the Supply and Demand Model. Prices in the market will continue to rise, what is cheap will be bought and sold again for more money, until it reaches the point nobody will be willing to buy it. If you take into account the gold drop from Plagued Run and Erebus Run, there is a lot of potential to keep the scamming for a long time. I am sure new players are happy af to pay 60kk for a white pearl or 105kk for an odin.

The combination of these models help me predict the activity in this server with a success rate of 70%. The migration of players from here to SG2Global was something I was expecting. Now I have to farm more and sell cheaper and after 2 weeks of almost nobody online, my sales are booming. Of course, there is no PvP but this is not something to get me worried. I have learned over the years that players will go to great lenghts to avoid building any PvP items.

This game is a set of tools players have at their disposal to spend some time. It is the way players use these tools that drive new players away from SG server, not the quality and quantity of updates.

Remaining players should farm more and sell cheaper if they want to see new players around. Metin2 is a game and not a capitalist society, stop doing here what you see around the world.

SG Team should analyse the balance between requirement for items and quantity of drops in all maps. Removal of most drops from mobs because players couldn't see what they were farming is something I would like to be reversed. In the same way, the chance to drop higher tier stones from metins should be the same, not higher for high lv metins. If you place too much power in the hands of high lv players, they will wreck the game. In the same way, remove the gold drop from Plagued Run and replace it with clams and completly remove gold drop from Erebus.

If you managed to read until the end and you are like wtf, WTF indeed. I spent 2 years working to understand these models at my best. I constatly adjusted my game play and my way of understanding the game. My conclusion: there is no possibility to develop a server if players are not constrained in a way they don't use the power and their knowledge to ruin every single update, patch and fix.

Kind Regards,

Vyenna

I get your point now, players are afraid the competition will be unfair. Pvp oriented players will build better pvp items and we will have on s2 the situation from s1.

My point is I don't see necessary the removal of these features from this server, I never said anything about s2. I don't plan to play there. I don't care how the bonuses work there. But your "can I compete?" question is missing a point: A P skilled pvm player has an unfair advantage over a new player. Should we remove this feature too? Again, from this server, not s2.

I will edit the typo on my previous post.

The simple existence of a feature doesn't keep players away and the lack of it doesn't lure them here. If players don't want pvp accessories, then they don't buy them. I don't know if you have noticed already, but the costume has built in vs monster 8% and the rolling of the random stats is optional. Same for some bonus hairstyle, which have built in 500 HP and you can also roll pvm stats vs certain group of monsters. They don't have to be pvp. So, why to remove an aspect of the game because 93% of present players find it useless?

I am against any change made to the current costume, pet and hairstyle system. The values are not that high as to deter any pvp action. Since there are no advantages to obtain using pvp, players don't fight at all. One can remember the days after lv cap was increased to 120 that all high lv players joined NW and SW for the exp bonus. Also, with Ochao run, there were countless fights inside for the new drops. Now, that everyone has items and lv we are back to Cold War.

Also, I don't really think the features 1-11 are a must have on this server. Some are good, I am not denying. The gold inflation and the disaster in the market should be addressed before adding more pvm features.

Degmond how the present situation of costumes, pets and hairstyle with bonus keep other players away from the server? The few players i talked with keep complaining about high prices in shops, none about these pvp features. You can make a point in how the pvp is used to force players away from certain farming places but the simple existence of items don't scare people away.

My last point is that I doubt any changes made to pvp bonuses will bring more pvp. The removal of vs class and class res came late, the proper time was probably early 2017. Now, even if you remove all pvp bonuses from the server, there will still be no pvp and I think the main reason is the lack of respect and responsibility among players. They don't pvp because they enjoy but because it brings advantage over other players. If there is nothing to win, there will be no fights. I include myself in this category, I don't buy costume, hair and pet and I don't have items with pvp stats because they look pretty but because I need some power projection capability.

This event with Football drops and exchange at Yu-Hwan in map2 it is from Gameforge servers. Here we had such event in 2016 during the European Football Championship and the drop from mobs was Football which you would open to get valuable rewards. As for the other event, Levi's ring drop, Just wait for Anniversary and Halloween MpM and Marcin0502

I don't know what to make of your statement. But how about you start listing the players who were banned for unfair reason? Show what you have. If you only post to criticise me but you don't give any details because you "waste" your time with me it is most likely you don't have anything.

What harms this server are its players. You can't keep increasing prices and expect new players to find it attractive. I know you can farm gold but greed is harmful. Not everyone can produce gold at the same speed.

Also, if you don't log in at all or you just don't do anything you can't actually complain.

In so many years I haven't seen any guide for PvP nor really valuable PvP items for sale. Add to this the cost of changing stats on items and PvP dissapears as an option.

I find it quite interesting that PvP accessories drop in Ochao but maps are full with SoulCrystal alchemists and no alchemist for ruby, garnet, emerald and sapphire can be found. Even more, how can you call for better PvP when you use your power to evict players who need to farm in Ochao? And I can give maaa...any names of mighty players :P

I have spent more time fishing than you have in this server Emy. All rare fish can be caught in map2 without any boost from Item Mall.

Just because you can't catch anything else than common fish and dyes doesn't mean I am wrong in any way.

Hey there!

First of all, you should read this guide because it applies to general activities in PvM. 2nd thing, elemental resistance, such as fire, is not needed in any map.

Since you are a sura, I believe weapon sura, P blade is your best piece of equipment. Next thing that you need is any piece of equipment which can block hits, so shield with 15 block, evasion+4 or higher in any armour, any+, lv 55 shoes +9 or quilin shoes because they block hits, lv 60 helmet +6 or higher.

Please note that if you want to be efficient, you are going to need top class items with max rarity, but you can farm those metins with average items too. Just you won't be able to keep up with professional farmers.

Monsters drop some upgrade items, plants and metins drop +3 stones more frequent than lower lv metins, books and red adders/changers. This is pretty much I can think of.

I hope you have a decent weapon and your status points are put as they should.