Posts by Skyquake

Hey there, welcome to the Metin2.SG forum, here you can find a lot of interesting stuff, why don't you register your account? It only takes a minute! Click on the "Forum Login or forum-register" button on the top-left corner!

I didn't say to make it fall again, because that's what provokes the stun lock effect, just to get the characters pushed back and keep on their feet. I believe that way stun lock wouldn't occur, the game mechanics would be close to what they were before but without the stun lock effect and low lvl PvM such as Orc maze wouldn't be so easy as it is now. But ok, it was just a suggestion, don't even now if it's feasible

I didn't say that the spinning dagger combo makes the game realistic lol I just asked for you to do duels with the same equipment using a dagger sin and a long range character, for you to see now how unbalanced it is, you're talking as if the dagger sin damage is super high. Let's take Shaolin Stance for example. If you get all 3 hits, it is the higher damaging skill of body warriors, the exception only being in cases where the opponent is packed with defence to the point your skills do 0 damage, and then you get 0 dmg from Shaolin and get some damage by sword spin and the other skill which i dont know the name in english. I now get from your explanation that we must be mistaken of the use of Spinning Dagger, but even so, it's similar to the Shaolin Stance case in warriors, that being that if you only get 1 hit with spinning dagger it's the lowest dmg skill besides the 6th one (which i don't understand the use so far) and if you get 3 hits it's the highest damaging skill. So dmgwise is similar to one skill of warriors who is intended to be a 3 hit skill. But ok with that description we might be wrong the all time, even though the combo always worked fine and didn't cause any unbalances in PvP and also it was a trademark of dagger sins that doesn't exist anymore and it sucks cause that's taking probably the coolest skill we can use lol And also one of the few skills in the game to which you need good timing and position to execute.

Please reply about this, is this possible?:

"I'm thinking about the last hit still pushing the character back but not making the character fall. I think that with that mechanic, Stun Lock wouldn't happen anymore, because characters you got pushed back would not fall and would still be able to move, and it would still be possible to do the Spinning Dagger skill and the game would be much more realistic because when someone pulls us back we don't stay in the same position. And of course that the game is not realistic, but it has many realistic features on PvP and as it is now we are just neglecting ones and not others. Would this have the intended results?"

Exactly, if you need more time to level up and then sucks at pvp, what's the point of picking up the class? Thing is, now dagger sins are the worst class in the game with no doubt. I do all my pvm with my main character who is a dagger sin and i'm able to do what I want, but of couse that if I had a warrior or sura it would be much faster, easier, and so more profitable.

And in PvP, anyone who wants to test, and I believe the team does it all the time, just has to equip a dagger sin and other class with the same equipment and see who wins a 1v1. I believe that in a raid there isn't still that much difference because there is cooperation, but in 1v1 is ridiculous. Now, when i'm doing PvP against a long range class, if the opponent decides to run away and only do skills of long range, the only skill i'm able to use is the poisonous cloud. All the other skills fail, they only hit if I'm able to guess the exact moment where the oponent will stop to cast a skill, but even guessing that is difficult to hit because the animation time of skills is not that high and the opponent will be back to it's "race" in a matter of seconds.

I've left my opinion about the update, overall it is a very nice one and I agree that stun lock was ridiculous, I couldn't even get up to use skills against some body warriors. But now, how can I even hit with my spinning dagger? It is only kind of a PvM skill now, because how am I suppose to hit a spinning dagger against a long range class if they're running in circles? It's almost impossible, and also only being able to hit once, except extremely rare cases, brings the skill damage to really really low values. A balance is really needed.

But my suggestion was: as someone mentioned before, this is an hack and slash game, and I think that you could still allow for the Spinning Dagger combo to happen without the inclusion of the Stun Lock effect.

I'm thinking about the last hit still pushing the character back but not making the character fall. I think that with that mechanic, Stun Lock wouldn't happen anymore, because characters you got pushed back would not fall and would still be able to move, and it would still be possible to do the Spinning Dagger skill and the game would be much more realistic because when someone pulls us back we don't stay in the same position. And of course that the game is not realistic, but it has many realistic features on PvP and as it is now we are just neglecting ones and not others. Would this have the intended results?

Just one question, in the guild smith the odd that shows is the same as the one in the blessing scrolls, but the 10% more chance still applies right?

Btw, PvM is much easier now because since monsters stay in the same place you just have to call them and be in the same spot hitting, and all of the them will stay within your hit range maximizing your attack power, ability to stun etc.

I can now do Orc Maze in less time than before and tanking metins now is really easy x.x

Shadow i believe you can ofc change the skill damage to balance things out, I just think that claiming that the skill was not meant to have 3x damage doesn't make sense in my opinion, the ability to do 2 or 3 hits with spinning dagger completely matches up with the last hit of a ninja and so and it was obviously meant to be when the game was created back in 2004 lol That's what I believe, as i said the stun lock correction was a really nice update and I totally approve it, i'm just disappointed that one of the main ninja features in my view cannot be used now...I mean i still can get 3 hits when for example some boss throws me back with his attack which is pretty nice lol But yeah overall amazing updates.

The description of those scrolls is in the minimum misleading since it clearly says that it adds 10% to the equipment upgrade xD

I tried to scroll the most i could and still didn't find the accept button, i'll try again...But now i realised it's impossible to get 2 or 3 hits with spinning dagger, only possible if the opponent is running away and you "get along" with his running lol. That's really disappointing really, because ok i get that sins get better due to lack of stun lock, but not being able to do one of its main features, which is not that op, is really dumb for me. That's a big big part of pvp and the skill is adapted to the fact that you can get 3 hits. Dmgwise is now the worst sin skill besides the 6th one

Ok just found a bug...after the 1st boss in Orc Maze the upgrading window in the Green Ghost NPC is bugged, it appears like infinite number of galls as required items, so much that you can not even see the button to accept, so you cannot use the NPC no more. I tried with both a +6 weapon where the refine plus system could kick in, and with a +0 and +2, so it happens in all + . Forgot to take a screenshot but yeah xD

Amazing update so far, grats to the team...I don't know if these odds are the same that in other official servers, but i think they're pretty close or even equal, was always curious to see them.

The thing is this update will really bring dynamic to the refining system market and utility to many normally unexplored parts of the game, which is amazing, great job !