[SEASON SERVER] Economy in shambles

Hey there, welcome to the Metin2.SG forum, here you can find a lot of interesting stuff, why don't you register your account? It only takes a minute! Click on the "Forum Login or forum-register" button on the top-left corner!
  • Suggestion for cash inflow: 17

1. Increase raw gold farm (either via raw gold drop from mobs, events or even new farming spots with a high increase on income) (5) 29%
    2. Reduce costs of dungeon passages and change the drops to include gold, like Bagjanamu (1) 6%
    3. Merge earlier to S1 which has a critical population mass (3) 18%
    4. 1) and 2) (5) 29%
    5. 1) and 3) (2) 12%
    6. 2) and 3) (1) 6%

If you're playing Season right now, you might miss the state it was in two weeks ago. It was fresh, blooming with people, and you could actually sell things.

Player-driven economy games are dangerous: you need a sustained player base for it smoothly work. As you might've guessed, this is not the case with the season server.

I started playing SG on this server, as I've received the promo e-mail before Christmas vacation (very well done to the SG team for that promo timing), as many of you. I had a lot of fun these past weeks, but I calculated that the population would sharply decline once the holidays were over.

Now, back to the economy part, in order for it to work properly, we need at least three things:

• Inflow of items -> Items obtained by player drops
    • Inflow of cash -> Derived directly from money that is dropped from monsters, NOT SALES
    • Necessity of items -> Derived from the need of items by the players

The necessity of items is ever-shifting due to game progression, i.e., in the early game you needed blessing scrolls and skill books, but now these are NOT as needed. SG does a great job of providing use for these items, so I would say the problem does not lie in items becoming obsolete.

Inflow of items is not a problem here as well -- there are a lot of interesting items for sale, be it usable items or upgrade stuff. You can see that the shops are packed. A reduced player base is not affecting this field because each player provides sufficient offer to keep the markets packed.

Inflow of cash is where the bigger issue lies. Raw gold farm is lacking on this server, for the prices that are expected by the players and that were established. Population decline should linearly affect the cash inflow but I personally believe that is more of a quadratic relationship in this case.

Let's say 1 average person playing the game 2 hours a day farming stones lv.90 made about 10kk RAW gold. I believe this is a generous estimate. When that person quits the game, the 10kk does not get injected to the economy. This in itself is a problem but it would be OK if the population critical mass was achieved (like it is on the main server).

Since the population is so low here, means that, because 1 person quit, means that items weren't sold. Since they weren't sold, the person selling them is no longer motivated to farm, because nothing they farm is being sold. Since they don't farm, they ALSO do not get inflow of cash themselves to spend on other people's items. So one person quitting ends up exponentially affecting a number of players, by starting a vicious cycle. And NO, not everyone keeps farming if they're not selling anything. Many people wait for their items to sell in offline shops in order to finance their next character upgrade step.

Gameforge servers actually mitigated this issue by introducing auto-hunting to keep players farming gold 24/7, but I would highly suggest to NEVER implement such systems here, there are better game design choices.

In the case of the main server, since it has a critical mass of players, it means that items are still sold which in turn still motivates players to farm, thus sustaining the economy.

In order to fix this a combination of this steps could be needed:

• Increase raw gold farm (either via raw gold drop from mobs, events or even new farming spots with a high increase on income)
    • Reduce costs of dungeon passages and change the drops to include gold, like Bagjanamu
    • Merge earlier to S1 which has a critical population mass

If nothing is done, population will keep dwindling, returning players that have left after the vacation (which you guys HAVE to recapture) will come home to a server with no economy and leave right after. Existing players will not be able to keep progressing due to lack of cash flow to keep sustaining their characters upgrade.

In my opinion, the first two suggestions combined would be a good starting step. I will leave a poll to drive the opinion of players.

• I would also like to see places where only gold can be farmed, that would mean no metin stones(spider cave/ heaven's liar). That way people would choose to either farm items by themselvs or to buy them with gold produced from mobs.

• gold is a real problem this days.

im lvl 103 and cant do any gold.

metins lvl 100-120 have a very depressive drop. nothing can be sold except at general store and that would give some 3 kk every 30 minutes.

medium bosses like Arges or Lemures have nothing interested

my shop sold one item in 1 week for 4kk ... but the rainbow stone failed 11 times at P7. seon pyong red sky gem i cant get bcs of level and if i buy they all fail and with what money to buy ??

dungeons and bosses are too hard for single medium players.

anyone know how to make gold here cause i dont? any idea?

best idea would be to open up lvl 180-250 and make the lvl 120 look like level 1 . also add lots of new equipment, new maps, new upgrades and so on.

2 years ago i couldve buy the monthly packages and win something at the end, then buy again and so on.

right now there is no chance i can make gold and buy Odins to buy that packages. that balance is gone. its only few players(guilds) that can do runs and get a lot of gold.

one guy was saying to the other he made 15.000 wons.. how is that even possible ?? i cant even make 5 won .

• For metins, farm lvl 105 metins in beta maps (Gautama, Thunder, Nephrite or Dragon Cape) and make pick-up filter like this (https://imgur.com/a/svhn5EC).

- sell common weapons, rarity weapons and rarity armours at general store. You'll make pure gold and rarity ore

-x250 rarity ore = 7-10kk on market

-x250 bravery capes = 4-5kk on market

-x250 blessing scrolls = 30-40kk on market

-band of blivions, blood pills, skill books sell at general store for pure gold

-x250 soul stones = 55-65kk on market or x250 = 50kk at general store

-x50 lion / tiger / wild boar / wolf certificates = 30-40kk on market

-x100 blue magic changers = 240-260kk on market

-x100 experience rings / thief's gloves = 30kk on market

You can make very much gold if you sell everything you farm. Also be sure you have 20% drop on bracelet and earrings, 2 hours thief's glove equipped and thie'fs glove from item-mall in left up corner.

The greater your damage is, the more you will farm metins faster and you'll break more metins in shorter time = more gold / hour.

Hope I helped you :thumbsup:

• Thx dude. Ive been on this server for about 6 years and play this game for about 12.. when u smash 1 metin and get 1 skill book 1 band of oblivian and 1 armour and 1 weapon dont think it will help except if you wanna play and have the time to play 14 hours per day .