The future of SG

Hey there, welcome to the Metin2.SG forum, here you can find a lot of interesting stuff, why don't you register your account? It only takes a minute! Click on the "Forum Login or forum-register" button on the top-left corner!
  • Hello,

SG community!

First of all, i am opening this thread because for many players the future of the server looks uncertain. Most of us waited the last update hoping to find a motivation to play, but it didn't happen yet (at least for me). I expected to see more players coming back or start, but the opposite seems to be happening. I don't want you to misunderstand me, i respect the staff work for the last update, they did a great job and i want to congratulate them for that. The point is, Metin2 is a 17 years old game, i'm not sure if teenagers will chose to play this game anymore with so many modern games and much more accessible which does not consume so much free time in a person's life. There are games where it is enough to be smart and have player skills while metin2 is a time consumer, you have to play a lot to keep up with the competition.

Also, i have a request for the old players, let's forget the rivalry between us for a moment and let's work together for the good of the server; if your ego is more important than the future of the server i wish you "good luck" to play in a graveyard full of dreams. "The strategy" with "let's annoying our old enemies to make them come back in PvP" does not work anymore, some of us left kindergarten and get matured. So, if you are not smart enough to understand how important it is to work together for helping the server, you better keep your kindergarten mentality and don't comment (of course, constructive criticisms are welcome).

I will leave my suggestions here and i am also wating your suggestions regarding the future of SG.

1. DSS system

I agree with Shadow and Elspeth, making mythic DSS wheel is an endgame thing and it shouldn't be that easy to make, but it is not necessary to do discriminations between PvP and PvM players, mythic DSS wheel is for everyone, not only for PvP players. Shadow is also right, it is not a necessity in PvM, but rather a fad, but this fad matters a lot for most of PvM players (75% + out of total number of players.)

My suggestion regarding the DSS system is to remove the actually wheel boost and replacing it with two different wheel boosts (one PvP and one PvM). I think it's possible, we have two different options for DSS wheel (earth and sky). I wonder if a "switch" button can be created, then we can switch to earth or sky when we want. So, when you switch to "earth" DSS wheel you'll get a PvP boost and if you switch to "sky" DSS wheel you'll get a PvM boost. Maybe this will motivate PvM players who won't do PvP to make mythic wheel.

PvP boost:

- status points +10;

- 5% skill resistance;

- 5% avg resistance;

- 5% skill damage;

- 5% avg damage;

- spell speed 5%;

- 50 attack value;

- 100 magical attack;

- 2000 HP;

- 5% demi human resistance;

- 5% strong against demi human;

- 3% block, dodge ;

- 3% crit, pierce res;

- +10 elemental damage;

- +10 elemental resistance;

PvM boost:

- status points +10;

- 5% strong against monsters;

- 5% resistance against monsters;

- 5% strong against bosses;

- 5% avg damage;

- 5% avg resistance;

- 5% attack speed;

- 50 attack value;

- 2000 HP;

- damage absorbed by hp 10%;

- chance to restore hp 5%;

- chance to faint 5%;

- critical chance 5%;

- pierce chance 5%;

I still believe that the success rate of DSS should be slightly increased or add chance to drop rare DSS from monsters in runs (of course the chance of drop must be low considering there are a lot of monsters in a run).

- rare dragon jade from some Orc Maze monsters;

- rare dragon onyx from some Demon Tower monsters;

- rare dragon ruby from some Hell Run monsters;

- rare dragon diamond from some Nemere's run monsters;

- rare dragon sapphire from some Ochao Run monsters;

- rare dragon garnet from some Hydra Run monsters.

2. Meley's run

From my point of view, Meley's run should be the most profitable run from game. It is the hardest run from game, it requires teamwork, you need pro items, dss to kill there and the key is expensive. Also, i am 100% sure it should be the best place to farm if you want to make mythic super class DSS.

My suggestion regarding Meley's run is to slightly increase the chance to drop mythic dss from boxes and also add chance to drop cor draconis (legendary) from some monsters (mythic drop or even harder, of course).

Another idea is to make one of the boxes especially for upgrading dss and the other one especially for changing dss. For example:

Dragon's Watcher Chest: cor draconis (mystical), 3x cor draconis (legendary), 1x change rare scroll, 5x enhance change scroll, 5x enhance scroll, master sash (basic), lord sash (basic);

Queen's Meley Chest: DSS changer, DSS changer (B), ancient green pearl, ancient purple pearl, ancient yellow pearl, 3x white pearls, 3x blue pearls, 3x red pearls.

3. Level 30-60 metins drop, daily rewards, premium pack 1 month (at least for some months)

To motivate new players to start on the server, i believe that they should benefit of a lot of things when they start. Why not to give them premium pack 1 month instead premium pack 7 days? Also, let's make daily rewards better and exclusively for low level players (if you are level 60+ you won't get daily reward):

1st day: chance to get costume/green potion (M)/auto-pots (M) red-blue/bravery capes;

2nd day: chance to get leopard pill, hairstyle, green potion (M), auto-pots (M) red-blue, bravery capes;

3rd day: chance to get dragon certificate/chocobo certificate/wind shoes;

4th day: weapon skin;

5th day: mount skin;

6th day: pet;

7th day: chance to get 3x red monocle (B), 3x quest potion (B), 10x exorcism scroll (B), 10x hermit advice (B).

Another idea is to add gold bar (like it was at 115-120 metins) drop at lvl 30-60 metins (mythic drop), this will help new players a lot.

I understand, you won't make the game easier because you are afraid that players will finish everything, weill get bored and will leave, but also keeping it hard is not an option, we are in 2021 and there are a lot of alternatives for games. If you don't take risks, you don't win. Let's really motivate players to come back or start here, let's give up at our ego and let's care about server, noone likes to play in an empty server.

P.S. I will ignore off topic or useless comments, i don't want a playground for childrens to be created here, it is an important post and we have to take it seriously.

Waiting for opinions/suggestions.

• I didn't read all as we are about to reboot the server, but just few lines of each subjects. A reboot that maybe will make you change your mind or maybe not. As usual you guys don't listen to us when we say "lets wait a few days to see" cause, guess you know better, or maybe not.

First of all, the unique ips are 200 more compared to the 30 sept. It means that each day more and more people log on the server. So motivation or not, the update brought people, if they stay or not we cannot know, which is why we always state to wait and see instead of attempting to clairvoyance.

Regarding the DSS, to change it we must delete it. There isn't a quick way to change the bonus of the stones since the old one would keep the bonus they have today. Make a poll, delete the system and make it better, see how many agrees, to me is few hour of works but its up to you guys what you prefer.

As for your last sentence, it is true is 2021 but this was born as hardcore server not as a fun server. Chaning its identity is simply not ok, as a matter of fact we are working on a server that fit that mentality. But we won't turn SG into that. It is not about the ego, never was.

• As usual you guys don't listen to us when we say "lets wait a few days to see" cause, guess you know better, or maybe not.

It's not about we don't listen what you say, it's about you blame us because we don't make our opinions public, so i did exactly what you said to do, i made a thread with my opinion.

• Regarding the DSS, to change it we must delete it. There isn't a quick way to change the bonus of the stones since the old one would keep the bonus they have today. Make a poll, delete the system and make it better, see how many agrees, to me is few hour of works but its up to you guys what you prefer.

It was just an idea to make ppl to say their opinion about DSS system, this was the real reason, not the change itself.

• As for your last sentence, it is true is 2021 but this was born as hardcore server not as a fun server. Chaning its identity is simply not ok, as a matter of fact we are working on a server that fit that mentality. But we won't turn SG into that. It is not about the ego, never was.

I am playing SG since 2012, so i know what "hardcore" means, but i analyzed the opinions of players and looks like it's too hardcore atm.

It's not about we don't listen what you say, it's about you blame us because we don't make our opinions public, so i did exactly what you said to do, i made a thread with my opinion.

Unecessary to discuss on things that we already stated, "we are looking into it, we take 1 week to see how it goes" to be honest.

It was just an idea to make ppl to say their opinion about DSS system, this was the real reason, not the change itself.

I believe is fair to put the cards on the table, those who agree with your idea must also accept the fact that it is possible only if there is a complete wipe out of the system.

• Not sure about the mythic super bonuses, i feel like it should be nerfed, most of those bonuses seem to be the same or slightly a buff.

I agree with dss up chance, now when one of you higher end dss's fail it's gone and you need to get a new one to be able to up, should make the chance higher imo, i think ZKD made some good posts about this in this thread RE: PATCH NOTE 01/10/2021

I like the meley idea's but i feel like the second box would make dss changers even rarer, but i like the yellow,purple,green pearl drops.

The premium pack for new players would be nice, I feel like the start of SG is already pretty easy and the mid game as well, SG only gets annoying late game when u wanna go for pvp but still if it make's new players stay and play sure why not, i also like the daily rewards as I think the current ones are garbage but i feel like they are too good so people might not spend on odins/TP to buy skins etc(talking about new/low lvl people, as I assume those daily rewards would be nerfed versions of what's in the mall obviously but will it be worse enough to make them not wanna buy mall stuff? idk)

• I believe is fair to put the cards on the table, those who agree with your idea must also accept the fact that it is possible only if there is a complete wipe out of the system.

Then it's useless, players will prefer to play alone than sacrifice their hard work for a better future.

• Actually his numbers were proven wrong with my videos. This is because people often talk without actually trying the update. The rates are better even if you "sacrifice" a stone now. I mean 3 times in a row 30-40 dss went to high grade. The issue is not the rate. The issue is that you guys don't have 30 minor mythics cause you don't farm the places that are meant to be and hence you don't provide constructive criticism about those places.

You want to stop at hell run and nemere, thats it. Well sorry but there are other contents which are meant to be beated if you want perfect DSS. Otherwise stick with legendary.

Then it's useless, players will prefer to play alone than sacrifice their hard work for a better future.

Thats the ego you were talking about i guess.

DSS bonus are hybrid. I mean except the class bonus any other bonus works in pvm so i don't see the issue or the need to change them.

• DSS bonus are hybrid. I mean except the class bonus any other bonus works in pvm so i don't see the issue or the need to change them.

Yes, they are hybrid, but looks like they are not motivating PvM players enough to make them, they still prefer to use legendary super class because PvM it's easy.

• Of course, but making things harder will make you say is not ok for 2021 standards.

Anyway as stated many times if we balance the contents we can add more contents that require better items.

Well, we'll see how the future will be, but more players should make their opinions public, crying after an update because it don't fit their standards is not a solution.

• Hi SG

Its been many many years since I played SG, one of the reasons I started here was the ability to buy and sell items/accounts for real money. Which is a big thing as we do not have much time in the working life this was awesome as if you wanted to play a Sura, it did not take you 1 year to be able to do it.

The thing about metin, i believe is that there been to many things that are to easy, i mainly play UK now, and there sadly its really become lonely, a lot of people left after the lycan class came into game and a few other updates eg when they only had legendary alchemy and people spent thousands to get it then they brought in mythic.

Reason i still play metin is for the people, the people always have made the game and the friendships and battles needed to fight bosses was awesome. I wish they even allowed an option for you to be able to lend items for like lets say 4 days then comes back to you. Which will help a lot of friends that do not have something and can use it with the no ability to be scammed.

When I did play here the Admins were amazing as they helped so many people get there items in scams and it really did make things work.

I would of really wanted to get back into SG if i could of bought an account again, that's the problem working 6 days a week you get a few hours to play so for many you not got those 50 hours to grind to level. This then gives an opportunity to those that do have time to make money if they decide to make accounts for sale, and SG can then get a 5% tax or something along those lines per trade.

I logged in SG and was awesome to see how many shops where around, and so thankful they still kept the shops in map 1 unlike the server i play now. As i really do miss that interaction and running around. So well done on that front.

I hope every thing is ok though, GM Dust not sure if he is still around but he really did an amazing job for so many people, I remember seeing people in map 1 knowing that they probably be crying at the loss of an item, and he always went out of his way to help others. That is where I think SG can be better than any other game is because the staff care, they in game helping. You see look at these triple rated games come out, no customer support no nothing. Bots and scammers wild. Even fortnight had use issues and was a big loss for them dealing with this.

Awesome to have a discussion, I will try log in on my character on SG, and see if any idea's come to light. Thanks for reading.

• Hey there,

if you have suggestions generally please make new threads for them instead of adding them in someone elses thread.

Eitherway, no, Account Trading and Real Money Trades will never come back, no matter how you handle them, Real Money Trades actively kill a Metin2 Server as proven by many different Servers.

Regarding Dust, he left quite a few years ago.