Fresh blood in pvp

Hey there, welcome to the Metin2.SG forum, here you can find a lot of interesting stuff, why don't you register your account? It only takes a minute! Click on the "Forum Login or forum-register" button on the top-left corner!
  • you are right we cried so much when you made big changes but turned out the changes made the server better. apologies from my side because i was one of them who bitched about it but learned from mistakes and trying to advise stuff for the sake of server

however, with all due respect i do not get what you want to do. you actually like the idea but dont want to deal with some abusers? or you would delete/change some items but dont want to deal with complains? then what you want to do?

i dont know if you are glad with the amount of active players but in my opinion this server deserves many more players and bringing stuff for high end levels wont bring new players since they still need months to reach it. thats all i want to point

Since months we are working on a new server. Different concept than SG so the target of players are not the ones that would be interested on SG. We didn't announce because is still in early-mid build, but I don't see why denying either.

Oh before the usual witch hunt begins, we are not abbandoning SG, updates such a new offline shop comes on SG because of the new project, so everyone is getting something from it, but of course as I already stated, it is useless to add new runs or contents if the current ones are flawed.

So if you want to assume that i sit and watch, nope, I work all days, but at the first place stands the Company I work for and a new kind of server is the way to go. Why? Because the problem of SG are mainly linked to how old the server is and to the attitude of the players to take any change, wrong or right, in the good way.

It is normal that after many years some things that were hard should become easy, well normal for me. I was often addressed that I don't see the server under the player's point of view. It is funny how the player's point of view is now asking me to do what they bitched so hard back then.

So while I appreciate the apology I also must say it doesn't solve any of the shits we had to cope with because of the ignorance, greedness and arrogant egomaniac behaviour from certain people or the players we lost because of such aggressive criticism.

Bare in mind, I am not saying we don't have our part of guilt, we have, but things could have been different or at least a bit better with a normal friendly community.

Regarding your question I am not glad with the current online count but there is nothing I can do about it if the problems are the age of the server or the needs of heavily nerfing things. I cannot always be the bad guy here, you guys are against any changes so you must deal with the consequences of such attitude.

For all the others that talks about boosters or Ochao, this topic is about new players. A new player don't give a damn about a level 100+ run or about some boosters. Once again you are just talking of things that bothers you disguising them as a concern for new players. Same old attitude that never cease to amuse me.

• It is time to leave the past behind and look forward.

Sg has good content that I have not seen in other servers as sg lacks good content that other servers has. Another thing the sg lacks is promotion. We need more videos of the sg content (like the videos that emy made until gameforge closed the channel), videos showing the own / unique content of the sg to attract more people to the server. Also, streamers like famous people playing the server and doing lives, would help a lot to bring more people. But the problem with doing this publicity is that gameforge will try to close all the videos and lives ... so how could we do so that this does not happen?

One way could be to spam the sg videos in different metin2 forums. I don't think gameforge can close those forums or delete the posts with the videos.

• Nobody said we stop updating this server, I actually said the opposite. I only said that a new run won't come any time soon because only few players would enjoy it.

oh ty i hat thats guy pm mi in game and say u say no update no wepon no armor :d

ok all good now thanx shadowe

and ga 2/3yars ago u are regester new server 1year or +-days u are closed that

its u server u company but if i IQ worke one metin2 sg

if fix problam this server all good no need any server

ex : beta version liyacan or zodiac new wepon maps armures moonstones in maill and meny tthings

u can chang in this server but again say u company u khnowe what best

if i had this web never lost thats i try

if answer huraaa if noo make new server and transfer players who like stay here who no go new server

• huraaa

• you are right we cried so much when you made big changes but turned out the changes made the server better. apologies from my side because i was one of them who bitched about it but learned from mistakes and trying to advise stuff for the sake of server

however, with all due respect i do not get what you want to do. you actually like the idea but dont want to deal with some abusers? or you would delete/change some items but dont want to deal with complains? then what you want to do?

i dont know if you are glad with the amount of active players but in my opinion this server deserves many more players and bringing stuff for high end levels wont bring new players since they still need months to reach it. thats all i want to point

oh man, come on. you just apologize because shadow unbanned you when you abused the event with gahnsel.

Nobody likes pvp because of people like you, toxic players who do not play for fun but to "humilate" other players when you kill them.

thats the main reason i will not pvp anymore.

I've got some 1 v 1 gear because this way I can just choose who i will fight, for fun, 1 v 1 :)

eventually i didnt play and server changed a lot, i got left behind so thats...that

toxic players

• I know the next few words won't be "popular" but I can't deny that, if I was the CEO of the company (wich is not a non profit company), I would surely do the same thing Shadow said they will do: open a server wich is more in line with the the expectations of the modern players and with the supply of the market of MMORPGs (and in particular, metin2 servers) and create a server where the players need way less time to enjoy the end-game contents, even if they work or study and have just a couple of ours per day to spend.

In fact me and many other players I know (that quit this server cause it's too much time consuming) will surely try the new server when it comes out.

At the same time I would also try to give hope to the existing server, wich can remain harded but could at least be streamlined with the needed changes that Shadow pointed out:

You want changes? We must delete and change a lot of items / bonus. We must make things that are clearly hard to achieve in resonable time, easier, even thou you wasted so many golds. It is pointless to do such changes if from day after you guys cry and scare new players away saying we did the wrong choices, we punish high level, we dislike those who play since years etc.

I would surely make all these changes or the other ones (like halving the time to make items, skills, alchemy, everything) that the staff consider as a "needed change" to give this server a chance to be, for sure an harder alternative, but still affordable by the players.

If it doesen't happen this server will be sentenced to certain death because, apart from a few players that still can spend 12 hours per day playing here, all the other ones will play the new SG server or other servers in general.

I wonder how is possible, even when Shadow was so clear about the future of the server and its problems, that people vote "no" to make - that's just an example - S skills faster.

What you should ask yourself is, imo: do you want to be the best player in a empity server with no rivals or one of the many players in a server where there is competition?

I would surely vote yes for all the changes needed instead of let the server die...

• Well, I have no idea what I can say on this subject. There are, however, people who act like good guys in this situation, but they are totally different on the game / by votes

I don't understand how some people shout at players to do pvp as long as they don't want changes to the game. Some of them refuse to change the amount of soul stone, some of them refuse to nerf/delete gold crucian, some of them want to improve their character, some of them refuse to make Ochao for 4 channels (for HH members : I want you to calm down, it's not about me, it's about the fact that you don't accept new players).

There are a lot of players who play around 8-10 hours a day without pvp armor, pvp shoes, or anything else.

Through the previous votes, the staff listened to our voice, the fact that we do not want changes.

If I will start a flame, I apologize to everyone, I didn't want that.

Thank you very much for wasting your time reading these words :* !

• So, this will be my last post regarding this thread and any other thread that has to do with changes.

For the last 4-5 years the community had plenty of opportunities to accept changes that could have made the server better and refused them. Moreover, they made everything in their power to ensure the only way someone could "catch up" was by either spending a sh** tone of money on the server, or farm the game for an enormous amount of hours every single day. What's funny, is that some of the players that wanted and voted for the very changes that made the game the way it currently is, are the ones that now complain about the most about the game.

People want to farm faster and solo, so IP blocks on dungeons got removed and their cooldown reduced. This lead to the drops of said dungeons being less valuable, so now you have to do them x more times to get the same money you used to do with one run. But now, everyone can run them if they need the mats, so prices reach record lows every time the population decreases (or stabilizes after a big income of players). A handful of players can completely crash a market if they feel like it with the current state of things. STILL, whenever there is an event, people complain drop rate is too low, they want it all and want it now. Plenty of times they got the better out of the team, and drop rates were boosted which screwed the markets repeatedly.

Then, when the population of the server was already low and the main "concept" of the server destroyed, there was nothing to do but to focus on the demands of the few late game players that lasted. All eggs were put in the PvP basket but people were never satisfied with the state of things. People wanted a PvP dungeon, they got Ochao but now they complain one guild (HH) dominates it (I bet if it was the other way around ZG players would be totally okey with it lol). With Melley came Mythic alchemy (Now, this dungeon is hard and IP blocked, so it's only farmed by the top guilds who mostly want it for PvP related drops aka myth alchemy). Then, Hydra, another PvP focused dungeon that introduced S skills to try balance the PvP. Still, apparently this wasn't enough, people still complain about class balance constantly and now want S skills to be faster to farm (excellent way to make Hydra a dead dungeon soonTM).

A server with the build of SG could never be a PvP "only" focused server. Even with the recent changes that make getting to "high end PvM" way easier, the difference between PvM and PvP investment is simply ridiculous. But, as most people didn't care with the state of the server, population wise, as long as they kept their status as Nr.1 nothing was done. And, given the "active" community right now is divided into 3 guilds (people who actually make their opinion be heard) who care only about being Nr.1 there will never be any consensus..

When a server relies on the "needs"/demands of a few players, obviously things go South. By no means I'm saying the team did everything right. Plenty of times, they should have ignored complaints of greedy players and made what was objectively best for the server. But, given the vast majority of people who used the forums were Toxic c**** they ended up conceding to the demands made.

For SG to be able to compete with other existent servers, or to at least keep a healthy, stable population throughout the year, pretty much alchemy would need to be reworked completely, which means reworking most dungeons and beta maps. Add new map proper for levelling, rework Enchanted Forest into a farmable map where all classes could compete (and nerf to the ground the drop rate of 75 weps there, cause printing 46+ avg weps only lead to make them worthless in the long run) etc etc...

The refinement plus system is also a big ehh, and introducing rarity changers was probably really bad too. But hey, now you can make perfect items way more easily.

Conclusion: Why spend so many resources to try fix a broken product when you can make a new server from the ground and make more money with it.

The community has the server they shaped themselves throughout the years. A server specifically made for 100ish people (being nice here) where a bunch of others hang out cause they have friends playing and cause they don't give a crap about PvP.

• Post by SoulleS ().

This post was deleted by Elspeth ().
  • Post by Blank ().

• After spending like 30 minutes reading this thread i have to throw my towel in here aswell.

First of all i wanna say as far as i can relate the forumnames to players ingame most of the posts came from players that play here for a long time and dont have the pov of 'new' average players.

I would describe myself as middleclass player around lv 100 that played with many (long) breaks over the last 3 years.

I play active (0-6 hours a day) again since 5-months-ish mainly pvm but also a little bit pvp.

When i came back to the game 5 months ago my account and gear were at the state of a '3 month old active newcomer'.

Like poison+9 45ish avg, sces with 5avg and minor legendary dss.

Meanwhile 5 Months later i have legendary dss (mainly superclass like ruby, diamond, garnet... but also highclass pieces like jade, onyx) which i farmed for during my last 5 months. Im also working on my 3rd S skill at the moment.

After reading all your complaints i dont know what your guys problems are.

In my opinion there needs to be a noticable gap in pvp comparing a 9 month old player vs a 12 year old player.

Since the top players are (nearly) maxxed out and its hard or even impossible for them to get upgrades you just catch up by farming, upgrading and improving since your speed in improving your char, gear or anything is way faster then theirs.

I mean we are all playing a grind game, dont we?

If you want a balanced game that only depends on skill go and play esport - you are totally wrong in this game.

I dont want to play a game where any newcomer after 3months is on the same itemlevel as a 5year old player.

If it would be like that there would not be any old players that keep this server running.

I totally 'feel' some top players here.

I dont have any mythic dss or all s skills but a nerf or to ease the game up is the worst thing to do here.

This long time goals are what keeps people motivated to farm towards and stay on the server after they accomplished something 'so hard'.

Players that have left because of that gap would have left anyway, because they are crybabys.

They would have just complaint over the next thing that doenst fit in their world.

New people will eventually catch up with the top players maybe not tomorrow but maybe in some months or hell even 1-2 years and its perfect that way.

If you make the catch up mechanic easier people will have everything fast, play 2 weeks once maxxed out and then leave the game since they played through it and the server will die eventually.

Look at any pserver that tryed that.

If you wanna make a second server sure do it but leave the old server as it is for us grind greedy players that are the main target group of the metin2 game.

Greetings

(wrote on smartphone excuse any errors)

• maybe I'm wrong, but you didn't understand the message of this thread.

• maybe I'm wrong, but you didn't understand the message of this thread.

Maybe im wrong aswell since i think you didnt got what i tryed to express.

Maybe i drifted off from the main topic a bit but you should be able to see what i wanted to say.

The thread started about lowering the entry barrier to participate in pvp to get more people involved in it and then went towards the point to ease up the catch up mechanics so people have it easier to compete with 'old' players.

I think i explained my point pretty accurate in my last post so refer to that.

• Post by Shiva ().

• Nobody said we stop updating this server, I actually said the opposite. I only said that a new run won't come any time soon because only few players would enjoy it.

ah really thanx ga seen whats up !!!!

player happend for this post becuse we havent new run soon and all off

i must bering gold ez 300w only 4 day left for time and all player off shops dei market broke cant sell item half price whaaaaaaaay if u like start new server what is metin2sg players guilt

please make somthings and back server for normal online players add run or map or ..... just we are like sg2 and like best sever in wrold buyt need game masters worke on it too hope u and sg team ex past year suprices players and cooming soon updates thanxxxxxxxxx

sry for bad english sry for all