Soul Stones for Hydra tickets.

Hey there, welcome to the Metin2.SG forum, here you can find a lot of interesting stuff, why don't you register your account? It only takes a minute! Click on the "Forum Login or forum-register" button on the top-left corner!
  • Amount of Soul stones for Hydra tickets 79

1. 50 Soul stones (40) 51%
    2. keep it as it is (39) 49%

Imo to have more pvp in the game we should make the skills easier to make it for everyone available.

• I don't think S skills are what's limiting people from joining PVP. This is meant to be part of the end-game mechanics of the game, if it's made easier (in addition to every other thing people are asking for to be easier) there won't be anything really to work for as everything will be attainable easy and it just defeats the whole purpose of grinding to get better.

If you wish to compete with the big guns with full S and Mythic, you gotta farm like the big guns. I know it's not easy to do as some people only play for an hour or two, but if that is the case then they really shouldn't be complaining about making things easier and just be patient with the grind (I don't mean you by this I'm just speaking in general terms).

I'm just sharing my 2 cents and I know there's a vote option for this so no need to remind me xD. I will vote, and thanks for the suggestion anyway!

• Even though S skills are mainly designed for PvP, I feel the need to address this thread as a PvE player and remind some people there is a need for "hard" content in any game not to mention, to think about the impact certain possible changes might have in the game's economy.

As of right now, Soul Stones are the main income of new players to the game. The current price allows these players to progress more rapidly into endgame which is very important for players to stick with the server for more than a couple weeks.

As for the impact in end game, as Pew said, the aim of this thread is simply to make another milestone to be easier to achieve. Less grind, less effort yadda yadda yadda. If this is what the general population wants tho, then just make everything easier, and I mean EVERYTHING. Just dumb down the server to the point of the P servers that exist around lol.

And before someone says "you just say this cause you're a PvE" player, save your time. Soul Stones are not my main income, not even close to it. If this change happened it would only benefit me. Easier to get all my farmers with S skills and way less effort/time investment.

But, those are my 2 cents on the matter. Everyone knows how this vote will play out. There is a guild voting No, other guild voting Yes, and the rest will even the votes.

• I think this poll is misunderstood by some players. If a hydra ticket will mean 50 soul stones, the price of these soul stones will increase enough, also the price of rarity ore will be increased as hell. In the end farmers will have much more gold :P

This possible change wont affect gold/h (for farmers) (probably positive). Thanks for your time!

• If the supply stays the same but the number of required SS decreases, the demand will also increase - meaning that SS will sell faster and might even increase in price a little.

But what stops people from going even lower in terms of price, especially when they know that stuff will sell fast and that supply is just the same?

I think the decrease in the required number will just make people farm their own, which will eventually ruin the SS/Rarity prices.

And if you lower the supply/droprate, that's just scaling down and nothing will change.

But hey, I'm not an economist so take this opinion with a big fat grain of salt.

• I don't have a strong opinion regarding this subject, I'm fine with it as it is and I won't mind if it's changed either.

There are multiple bottlenecks that discourage people from joining PVP and I wish S skills was the main one but I don't think it is.

• I think this poll is misunderstood by some players. If a hydra ticket will mean 50 soul stones, the price of these soul stones will increase enough, also the price of rarity ore will be increased as hell. In the end farmers will have much more gold :P

This possible change wont affect gold/h (for farmers) (probably positive). Thanks for your time!

Nah, not really. You're assuming a bunch more players will try to get full S skills but, that won't be the case. The case will be it will be more farmed by the people who want to sell rainbow stones. There will be more rainbows in the market, less need to run Hydra yourself. Both prices will tank. The faster PvP people finish S skills, the faster the market for SS will die.
    S skills aside from Aura, Blade, Fear, Blessing and Reflect are pretty much a PvP only thing. And, it's not the price of S skills that is making people not engage in PvP, that argument is pure bullshit.

• I don't have a strong opinion regarding this subject, I'm fine with it as it is and I won't mind if it's changed either.

There are multiple bottlenecks that discourage people from joining PVP and I wish S skills was the main one but I don't think it is.

Agreed, I'm also fine with the way they are right now or if it's changed to be easier, both seem fine to me.

As a new player trying to work on getting pvp gear and dss, those 2 are far more time consuming and important, I don't think if S skills were easier to get new people would be encouraged to work on pvp, you still can't do anything without gear and dss, especially now that people are starting to run around with full mythic super which take's quite the investment both in time and wons.

Of course I don't know how much my opinion matters as noob/new player so it's just my opinion.

• to me this has and never will have anything to do with being 'easy' or 'hard'

honestly a lot in the game is trivial and making S skills is one of the most trivial things there is

S skills are a gamble just like anything else in this game, you throw a bunch of money and a bunch of time at it, i dont particularly think that reducing the amount of soul stones will fix this but considering you need around 80 tickets to get an S (480 if you want all 6 skills) it becomes nothing but a dull process, i think a lot could be adjusted slightly to reduce the lengths you need to go to get this

480 runs on an IP locked run where when you have the tickets you're forced to wait for other people or do it with a small amount of people

• Please leave it as it is. Metin 2 SG got so easy over the last years. Alchemy and Supreme skills are the last bit that isnt so easy too achieve and where many players keep themselves motivated to work towards.

Please dont soften up one of the last mechanics in the game that need some time and effort.

• Still dont know why they should change anything.

Soulstones will get cheaper if you just wait till more high value players have their skill up.

S skills are an endgame accomplishment and making tickets cheaper would kill lowlvl play by a lot since they really rely on soulstones high prices.

So it really would be counter productive to change the amount needed for tickets not only for the top players that would reach their skills sooner and then continue the routine of only logging in sundays for nation war and then log off for another 7 days, but also for lowlvls that farm metins trying to make money of ss that they drop.

Also it would be unfair for all people that invested their soulstones already in tickets/s skills. Since the team is working on a new server i dont think they will/should change this mechanic here.

• Also it would be unfair for all people that invested their soulstones already in tickets/s skills. Since the team is working on a new server i dont think they will/should change this mechanic here.

Stop finally crying for any changes which doesn’t suits u. Did anyone was complaining who already had mythic superclass and said it’s unfair bcs I spend more time and invested more? No so stop finally living in ur own world, this argument is low and doesn’t help the subject

• Stop finally crying for any changes which doesn’t suits u. Did anyone was complaining who already had mythic superclass and said it’s unfair bcs I spend more time and invested more? No so stop finally living in ur own world, this argument is low and doesn’t help the subject

If I as a player am not allowed to post my personal opinion to this topic, what is this forum even good for?

In my last post I just considered the consequences of this change, weighted the pros and cons up from a general point of view and came to the conclusion that a change like this would harm the server economics, wealth distribution and thus the server health in general.

If you have another opinion — that's okay — just post it.

But don't shame me for having another opinion than you and call my argument "low" without any constructive criticism why its "low".

This action was not only ignorant, but it has also shown your state of mind and how you act in an argumentation.

People like you will never change and i won't waste any more time and nerves on you.

I will ignore any further posts regarding this topic since I made my point here.

Have a nice day.

• I disagree with the "unfair for all people that invested their soulstones already" since that's something that should be normal in every game, old content gets easier when new content gets added. Otherwise the gap between new and old players would just keep getting bigger, which harms everyone in the long run.

But it's true that this change specifically would hurt new players more, since they are the ones selling soulstones to the high lvls.

And reducing cost by 50% at once is just too extreme.

• Hey there,

I decided to post on this thread for the sake of things that were misunderstood along the posts I’ve read recently, not only on this thread, but also on the last ones that were opened regarding some changes.

So there is a stigma right now that whatever comes updated will make people cry over the fact that they had it done before and now will be made easier. This has always happened. No, I don’t agree with the fact of getting rid of the legendary dss players already have made, that enables them to farm properly and would simple undress them, to be reworked it’s % of upgrading, as mythic was already made easier and I didn’t see anybody crying over it, instead shadow got applauded.

If you can’t understand that SS were exploited before and it was made harder because it was giving it’s supposed time for further updates to come and you could be entertained doing that, I don’t really know how you can claim it doesn’t need a change now and there is lack of players, when probably this new players you mention that depend on this said farming will probably go to the new server that is being created right now.

As you can see, a server was closed recently and we’ve got a wave of new players, needless to say that most of them quit and that will happen in future with who recently started in here or have not invested so much time playing as old players. How can you even claim that it will only benefit high level people and they will keep logging only once a week for said NW when in fact there is not enough people to fight anymore for like weeks and weeks?

Was it ever considered that the new players wanted that easier? Probably they would want to have a chance to own skills they never seen before, instead mythic was made easier, nobody cried about that. Needless to say that not even them thought this through, only they cared about was the gold they could be making farming, but do you really think that in their mind they didn’t want to achieve said goal? Did they last? I don't see many around.

Now answer me this, who will you make skills when the new server opens, with the brutal amount of tickets it takes you to make a single skill? Or do you think the people that have nothing to lose will remain in here? I believe shadow knows how to manage a server and that the new server will be as appealing, so who has nothing to lose will probably move there.

With the amount of SS decreased it gives you a chance to farm for your own tickets without losing way too much time daily, I’m speaking of several hours to farm for 2 tickets only at the moment. Nobody can do that, and if you only knew how many tickets it takes you’d think twice.

I expect constructive feedback and an open perspective over the matter,

ty for reading.

• Let them cry to keep the amount of ss:) later they will quit cuz they won't have any s skill after 1month of farming(none will farm 5years without having fun doing pvp, it's just a suicide way for low level/pvm players). I can play with hits better than skills, for me this is perfect! Let them cry about "fresh blood in pvp/ks" and other subjects.