Soul Stones for Hydra tickets.

Hey there, welcome to the Metin2.SG forum, here you can find a lot of interesting stuff, why don't you register your account? It only takes a minute! Click on the "Forum Login or forum-register" button on the top-left corner!
  • I voted to keep as it is now but I didnt know staff was working on a new server.

So my vote now is yes, reduce the amount.

There will be no point on keep this if many ppl will leave for the new sv.

As shadow already said, the new server is not like SG so they arent in competition to each other. That fact shouldn't influence your choice here atall but eitherway, reducing the amount of soulstones is a completely contraproducitve thing to do as it will just hurt all the beginners.

Realising that the vote is literally 50-50, that means its not only bad for beginners but also not as liked by the existing playerbase to justify such a change.

• As shadow already said, the new server is not like SG so they arent in competition to each other. That fact shouldn't influence your choice here atall but eitherway, reducing the amount of soulstones is a completely contraproducitve thing to do as it will just hurt all the beginners.

Realising that the vote is literally 50-50, that means its not only bad for beginners but also not as liked by the existing playerbase to justify such a change.

Shadow said that the new server will be under a different spectrum of what people in here are into, so how come is what you claim can be viable, when in fact people are leaving and leaving over the last couple of weeks, not only because of the new server announcement but also of how things are being presented lately in terms of what they were used to and what they dealt when they got in here. I mean it was pretty much said every time everywhere when a new player from whatever server came in here that things weren't as appealing.

The beginners didn't last at all, if much a handful of them.

People do not have the time anymore, the economic crisis won't send anybody locked back home once again. And the fact that it was said that things were being made to keep us entertained meanwhile further stuff was being worked at and now being told that there is no point to add any runs or content because the previous are flawed.

As for the poll, is not 50/50, it has just been raising brainless competitive feedback as it was already said by the team that most of these votes do not count and can't be viable. But facts and what others are saying should, and not be covered up.

• As shadow already said, the new server is not like SG so they arent in competition to each other. That fact shouldn't influence your choice here atall but eitherway, reducing the amount of soulstones is a completely contraproducitve thing to do as it will just hurt all the beginners.

50-50 that’s why there will be no change? Makes nosense while as u can see on the pic more ppl didn’t wanted the dss change and u still made it. Sounds abit weird to me tbh

• the new server is not like SG so they arent in competition to each other.

I don't know about that one, pretty sure a new server made by the SG staff will take away people from this one even if it's not like SG.

IMO I think you guys should focus on this one as it has so much potential considering webzen/gameforge can't touch it, this is the best thing about SG imo, the very low to none risk of it getting taken down or closing, but it's your server, time and money, still I believe shadow and the other devs could turn it around, they have the skills to do so, some people will always complain about changes/nerfs that's just human nature, you can't make everybody happy but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try to improve things, I really hope shadow reconsiders and does whatever changes he thinks would be best for this server instead of just making a new one.

At the end of the day I still believe this is one of the best servers out there if not the best and it deserves better, hurts to see friends I made while playing here tell me they are quiting over the recent news :(

• 50-50 that’s why there will be no change? Makes nosense while as u can see on the pic more ppl didn’t wanted the dss change and u still made it. Sounds abit weird to me tbh

There were 26 in favor for a change, 18 which werent in favor for a change.

Except that the DSS change was something neccessary and in fact, if you guys want beginners to actually start playing the first thing we should do is delete all DSS and rework the entire DSS system, which is, unfortunately, not a possibility as that would make 90% of the existing playerbase outright quit so it wont happen, don't worry.

Reducing the amount of Soulstones does a lot of things.

-> Reduces the prices/value of soulstones

-> helps people who are level 100+

-> Causes massive inflation when it comes to soulstones as there are a shitload on the server and significantly less will be needed

-> Harms every beginner who tries to make some money off of metin drops as its currently one of the more valueable drops

As for you, Zeus

As you already said, shadow said it will be "under a different Spectrum" than SG, which in clear terms means that its not going to be a oldschool style Server and be unlikely to attract the same playerbase as SG does. Your argumentation would only work if we'd open SG2Global again. Claiming that people left due to the reality of us working on a second server is simply not correct though. Maybe 1-2. The playerbase seems fairly stable during the last two weeks, so that claim is simply not correct.

While you are correct that people do not want to spend a lot of time into metin2 anymore, what you also have to realise is that there is basically only 2-3 things on SG that actually do take time, one of them being DSS, one being S skills and the last one being PvP equipment.

If there is too much to do, the people won't do it and quit. If there's too little to do, they'll do it in 2 weeks and quit because they are done.

From my experience the PvP Community of metin2 as a whole is just not as big anymore, especially not on oldschool style Servers, making S skills easier to obtain wont make anyone do PvP it just means they'll rush Aura S and do more PvM and on top of that beginners will have a harder time. Realistically speaking, the S problems are neither the problem nor the solution.

• S skills are not a concern for new players. The skills requires level 100 which is not something you achieve in 1 week. New players who don't find the server attractive quit not certanly because of a level 100 content, they quit earlier.

Who asked this suggestion is not a new player, but a player with a lot of characters that requires a lot of stones to upgrade each skills to S.

New players actually gain profit by selling the soul stones they farm thats why is denied, for now.

Bare in mind that polls are not mandatory, polls are tool to know what the community think but we are not forced to follow it.

As for the changes to the DSS rates, people complained hard when we made it easy. Not sure where you saw the applause but who needed to upgrade DSS, shutted the hell up instead of giving a positive feedback and who wanted to maintain the "power" or leverage on the price, complained hard, as usual.

• I also stated that "not only", meaning that most of the people just seem not to want to spend much time anymore. How come these things are the only end game content when there are much more people are waiting for?

Do you think people will stay in this old school server and not just join the new one which is being worked atm, when they realize is a non winning battle? After some point they won't even bother. I don't see much people struggling to reach lv 100 anymore either, if much 120.

DSS and PVP gears are the things that is holding people back atm, what does skills have to do with it? When in fact, they were brought by the team not only because of their new look but mainly to fix the broken damage, such as the followed nerfs?

Now what do we have in here? People who reached said skills and complaining again they rather do hits cuz skills are simply unhandy to use and are again stuck at not making any damage at all? How discouraging is that? What do new players will think of when they spend a month+ to do a single skill? Do you think they will keep selling SS forever and not want that to themselves as well? What about anything else? Why are these skills so hard to obtain?

I'm just saying that is simply brainless to think skills should be something so hard, when in fact everything else already is, so then we have complains over and over that pvp is inexistent and people rather keep farming the same old things over and over, well guess why, because whatever is being brought is damn hard to achieve.

Yes, you can say it takes team work to help build new people to join said so PVP, but do you realize what it takes to make even a single gear? That's what is holding people back. They see skills so hard to achieve, so let's not even speak of the gears needed to join pvp.

As for the market being flooded with SS, well is simply cuz one isn't farming and buy the SS right away, you know as it happened couple months ago when there was a stable amount of people playing, however right now I can bet with you if we just clean the market off SS they won't be back next morning at few 250 stacks anymore, as it was happening before.

• I applauded you myself, personally. Many as well were happy about it, they saw legendary getting raised again, such as onyx and jade.

However I then spent over 300w to make a single DSS and I failed, after update, so I can only wonder how the disaster was before I tried it.

These are my thoughts, like I said you seem to know how to manage a server, so in the end you will do what's right after trying anything else, you already mentioned that for now we are at these terms, so that's what we have.

Ty

• i don't get why there's a need to rework whole systems to make things work, why not include new equipment in zodiac dungeons at multiple level ranges that will counter the current issues?

ie: players have too much skill res - add a base stat to gears that ignores a % of skill res

Because then you will get a server that is broken from X level to Y and fixed from Y and above. Thats not the proper way to do things. You don't clean your house by putting all the dust and shit in one room.

If there is too much skill resistance in game, you remove some bonus from some items and who rolled their items must accept it and move on otherwise things stays as they are.

• Be happy that S skills are a long term thing to work on

Everything else can be done very fast on this server

(P Skills / Horse / Bio / Sash and the weapons needed aren't worth shit anymore / DSS prices dropped already and aren't much of a nuisance anymore...)

With this insane resistance rate u can get on this server they won't help u that much anyway...

• Because then you will get a server that is broken from X level to Y and fixed from Y and above. Thats not the proper way to do things. You don't clean your house by putting all the dust and shit in one room.

So will there be a big shake up patch(or series of patches rather) on this server or did you give up on that idea and you're just working on the new server?

You said you won't stop updating this server but at the same time you also say it's pointless to add new content either.

You also stated that you might leave at the end of the year again.

What is a very rough plan for the next, lets say, 6 months?

• Because then you will get a server that is broken from X level to Y and fixed from Y and above. Thats not the proper way to do things. You don't clean your house by putting all the dust and shit in one room.

If there is too much skill resistance in game, you remove some bonus from some items and who rolled their items must accept it and move on otherwise things stays as they are.

So will there be a big shake up patch(or series of patches rather) on this server or did you give up on that idea and you're just working on the new server?

You said you won't stop updating this server but at the same time you also say it's pointless to add new content either.

If there is anything you can think of to simply rearrange what the server needs atm, either to be updated or fixed for future updates to come, such as the so said zodiac run we been waiting for so long, please feel free to do so. Shadow

I believe it's anybody's most desire to see the server kept alive and not just depend on the new updates based on what you will be doing for the new one as you mentioned on the other thread, like a new offline shopbox...

It is true we miss seeing your posts on the Dev's Diary, it would always give us some kind of contentment to know what was coming next and speculate around that.

• So will there be a big shake up patch(or series of patches rather) on this server or did you give up on that idea and you're just working on the new server?

would like to know this as well @alaadmns.png[GA]Shadowalaadmnd.png well I guess everyone wants to know, what is planned for the future of SG?

• Which is already answered on another thread. Why i do realise that most of you don't have the ability to read or to read whats written without assuming, I on the other hand cannot repeat myself 20 times before you accept it.

are you referring to this post ? RE: Fresh blood in pvp

if so, basically new shop search and maybe zodiac in a few months/maybe end of year then just bug fixes for SG?

you also said the new server won't merge with SG in case it's not successful because it's a different concept, but won't a new server take away players from SG? what happens if enough people move from SG to the new one? will SG still be online or do you close it?

• Any new server takes players away from SG, even servers that are not opened by us. Simply this is the mentality, server hoppers are a thing and they jump from server to server. If we don't do anything players will leave anyway, while if we open a new server we would surely have a larger community at the start, larger than anything we could achieve on SG for the simple fact that the server is too old and the community is too close minded to accept any drastic change.

We don't plan to terminate any services, but if the costs to run the server exceed the incomes, we will. I believe is obvious.

• Any new server takes players away from SG, even servers that are not opened by us. Simply this is the mentality, server hoppers are a thing and they jump from server to server. If we don't do anything players will leave anyway, while if we open a new server we would surely have a larger community at the start, larger than anything we could achieve on SG for the simple fact that the server is too old and the community is too close minded to accept any drastic change.

We don't plan to terminate any services, but if the costs to run the server exceed the incomes, we will. I believe is obvious.

Hello Shadow, I should step back because I've no experience managing a server (always been just a player) so I might be wrong but, since suggestions are free, I try to suggest an alternative option you could consider.

Did you ever consider the option to open a speed server?

An idea of speed server could be something like this "The speed server will remain opened for a month, offering players a chance to not only speed-level their characters, but also take advantage of special items that will help them along.

While playing on the speed server, players will receive rewards for participating in different activities. One of the things players will be rewarded for is hitting a specific level (although what level that is has not been revealed). Players will also be rewarded for the amount of time they spend playing on the server and for purchasing items from the shop.

After a month the player could transfer their character on the main server getting some more reqards based on the level of the character and the time spent playing on the speed server at the day of the transfer".

I found it to be as a very common option in the latest days on some MMORPGs and it allows the new players to build their characters faster (with higher rates of exp, drop, upgrade and basically everything) and, after a certain period of time, to move the characters on the main server .

From my previous experience as player in other servers it works very good, allows to keep the main server alive, attact a lot of players and lot of money too since people will rush to get as much as possible on that as it's only temporary.

This could come with (or without) some changes on the main server to make it more in line with the modern expectations of players. I'm pretty sure that everybody will accept even drastic changes and the sacrifice to loose something they worked hard for to keep the server alive (instead of loose everything).

• This is implemented already somehow, not sure if it still works.

When you create a new account and open the first box you get a ticket on which if you click you can log in a new CH for newbies with higher rates , blabla...while also being able to log the other channels so you can shop.