Improve Budokan Event

Hey there, welcome to the Metin2.SG forum, here you can find a lot of interesting stuff, why don't you register your account? It only takes a minute! Click on the "Forum Login or forum-register" button on the top-left corner!
  • Ideas to incentivize PvP Shadow

1. We need more time, before the fight start, for put full eq vs the right race and also for change the dss. the current time is too low and sometimes u could miss a item or miss the dss. 1 min 30 segs or 2 mins will be great and good enough.

2. Unblock liquids cuz it is allowed since 2 months but we cant still use it inside the budokan map.

3. Make pets unclickable cuz if u click a pet, u wont be able for use skills in the fight and all the segs counts.

4. Change the poison bonus for work like remove skill. if u get poisoned, u cant be poisoned again for the same mins like the duration of remove skills cuz this also unbalaced so much the pvp in budokan.

Edit in point 4. i just spoke about poison chance but this change must affect to fire chance too so it will be more balanced.

5. In the arena and not just budokan map (i m being precise so they don't say that people can exploit this), fighters can be able for remove any dss with 100% success without using any item, just by clicking the dss.

I saw ths in anothers p servers and this will be a great way for incentivize people for join budokan cuz if u wanna be the best, u need to use the best eq possible so u wil need to change ur dss you depending on who you gonna fight and noone one wanna spend 16k per dss for 30segs - 1 min of battle, too much gold.

For example, people always use raid dss in the chars but if u wanna join budokan and u need to fight against bodywarrior in the first round, u will remove ur onyx and sapphire for put onyx with block, critical and penetration rest and sapphire 1 vs 1 against warrior which will be 32k tp and then u need to invest another 32k tp for remove those dss and put back the raid dss so 64k tp for a battlle of 1 min which the reward is 20kk and in the end of the year is 40 or 45k tp. now imagine, u wont fight only bodywarrior, u win the first round and in 2nd round u need to fight an archer, u again need to remove the onyx for put onyx with dodge, critical and penetration rest and remove sapphire for put 1 vs 1 against sin so another 32k tp and finally another 32k tp for put again the raid dss so it will be 96k tp ... come on, we can all be agree this sounds CRAZY.

And finally, we have to be on the lookout for some clever boy who wants to enter the arena just to be able to remove his dss for sell it or just for put better dss, so the gm who is running the event can ban him for same days or perm (depends on u guys) for exploit. And it will be easy notice it cuz if the guy who join the arena and dont do nothing or he just die so fast like a noob, it will be obvious he just join for change his dss.

• Hey there,

4) Won't be a thing because it would affect how the bonus works in general and we don't feel like poison needs such a nerf.

1) and 5) won't be changed either. The few seconds you have are part of the challenge, your goal is to have the best overall set and to be skilled enough (in a game where skill don't exist) to organize your inventory placing carefully each item in a suitable position that helps you swap gears immediately. As for DSS you have two sets, which you should use and two sets that you can use and not swapping stones right and left.

3) It is the first time i hear this bug and i am not sure i understood. If you click a pet while inside the duel arena, you cannot skill anymore? Seems weird to me, a video is appreciated or at least a guideline of how to reproduce it.

2) Thats up to Tary to decide which items are allowed and which not. I personally would forbid liquids, they favorite melee class with AP and pierce and critical buffs and nerf magic class with an overpowered 20% magic resistance. A budokan without liquid is a total different event than with liquids.

• 2) Thats up to Tary to decide which items are allowed and which not. I personally would forbid liquids, they favorite melee class with AP and pierce and critical buffs and nerf magic class with an overpowered 20% magic resistance. A budokan without liquid is a total different event than with liquids.

Highly disagree here, magic classes are the most OP atm in budokan in a same boost scenario. Fully boosted both classes will do around 300 skill dmg(even with 20% green liquid advantage you do the same amount of dmg p much). With full avg res you do less than 500 pierce+crit hits too and you can easily get 60+ dodge and 80% block

The only relevant damage is the elemental one which in the case of magic classes can barely be mitigated while you can have easily over 100% lightning, wind, fire res.

Magic classes have also higher base elemental dmg on very low cooldown skills while all the melee classes have lower base dmg across the board.

My suggestion is to increase the elemental dmg on all melee skills and long cooldown skills and nerf it on mages and BM since you can't reach the same amount of res vs them.

This will affect basically only 1v1 since nobody will run around with full elemental res in a proper open fight.

This alone won't suffice tho; Healer and Dragon Mage have only 1 element for example(ice and earth which you can't properly resist); I think each class should have a combination of 2, so at least 1 element can be mitigated effectively.

As it is right now in a fully boosted 1v1 scenario with elemental res gear: mages/suras will do 100-300 skill dmg + ~1k elemental dmg

wars/sins will do ~300 skill dmg, maybe slighly + ~300 elemental dmg on significantly longer cooldowns while in all cases except archer you are forced into melee range.

This surely deserves a dedicated post, which I will maybe make soon enough.

But the TL;DR from this is that S skills need some balance changes for 1v1 mostly.

Regarding 3. with the pet

Pets can be clicked quite easily and for skill that require targeting it is quite annoying to target the character because in most cases you will end up selecting the pet.

• Magic class don't use hits, so they should do more damage. S skills don't need any balance as their damage is the exact same formula as G-P skills. Meaning that if it unbalanced, so were the 12 years old perfect skill and hence you cannot expect us to balance the damage that this game was born with. Regardless is the event administrator that decide what boosters should be allowed.

• Magic class don't use hits, so they should do more damage. S skills don't need any balance as their damage is the exact same formula as G-P skills. Meaning that if it unbalanced, so were the 12 years old perfect skill and hence you cannot expect us to balance the damage that this game was born with. Regardless is the event administrator that decide what boosters should be allowed.

I don't mean the normal damage, just the elemental damage on S. It is the only meaningful damage in 1v1. Both mages and BMs cannot be beaten on equal terms by the other classes simply because their elemental damage cannot be lowered enough while you can have all the other types of elements on your gear as normal stats. Hits are effectively completely mitigated by the amount of block/dodge you can get and avg res(I'm talking numbers like 300-400 crit+pierce hit dmg which you won't hit in 80%+ of cases)

• But you should. The normal skill damage should be higher for these class that don't relay on hits. Yet it isn't. Thats why their elemental damage is higher. The number of hits you can do before a round of skills is so high that the block chance is meaningless since the damage of a single hit is more than a skill.

It is impossible to balance the pvp when the community is against any kind of nerfing so things will just stay as they are. The only thing that changes is what kind of booster are allowed in such events, which again is up to Tary to decide.

• But you should. The normal skill damage should be higher for these class that don't relay on hits. Yet it isn't. Thats why their elemental damage is higher. The number of hits you can do before a round of skills is so high that the block chance is meaningless since the damage of a single hit is more than a skill.

It is impossible to balance the pvp when the community is against any kind of nerfing so things will just stay as they are. The only thing that changes is what kind of booster are allowed in such events, which again is up to Tary to decide.

You are right! Dagger sin is still the best for budokan (melee hero), also body warrior is strong enough! They have to learn how to play :)

No offence, but if (for example) body warrior will have raised skills, they will be too unbalanced in raids. Let`s not forget that u can do ~ 7k/pierce+crit on ~ 50sword ~ 50% warrior resist

• Also the time before fight should be raised, i think 1min is the minimum necesary, unclickable pets sounds really nice.

Now it is the time to talk about 5th point:

- Probably a discount for dss releaser could be okay. If u wanna be the best, u should spent some gold, but ~16-17k (i really cant remember how much dss releaser costs) is too much for 1 budokan round. To be the best u need only 2 sapphires with resists (for example x2 sapphires with x3 resists (costs a lot, many of players dont have), but 32k tp invest is still too much for 1 battle)

Hits in budokan will do less than 300 dmg(crits+pierce), normal skill damage will also be at most 300 regardless if magical or physical, any elemental type outside of earth,ice,dark will do less than 500-600. Earth, Ice and Dark will always do over 1k dmg and the skills that use those skills have basically no cooldown.

I guarantee you that nobody can win vs Mages in budokan at the last category, Healer and BM are probably in a similar state but the extra crit on dragon puts them on top.

Metin was never a balanced game but 1 class shouldn't have complete supremacy.

This discussion is not very relevant in any other scenario than min-maxed budokan fights.

If you want we can try it out on the test server that it's hopeless vs them. I believe you're just lacking the proper context here.

• If you want we can sell the usage of the server for 50.000 tec points per month. It would help the players know the game better when they clearly don't and report things that are broken, even thou without the proper attitude to accept nerfing without complaining for years, we hardly can do any more changes, even if needed.

• 1. and 5. u only have 30 SEGS for remove and put the best dss and eq for the race u need to defeat, come on 30 segs is too low. at least make it 1 min. Also u speak about we have 2 wheels of dss so i will ask u for take a moment and think about u just said. u expect we spend a lot gold for make another full wheel instead upgrade the time to 30 segs for 1 min? u have any idea how much cost 1 superclass mythic diamond/sapphire/ruby? (600-800w). i spent around 750w for make the diamond and another 750w for the sapphire (i have both videos if u wanna see how many dss i used for make it done) so please, before say stuff like that, stop thinking as GA and think as player and how many time, gold and effort we, players, spend for make our mythic dss.

2. i m agree with u just said of block all kinds of liquids for budo but i didnt expect u will say it, thats why i said for unblock it BUT lets say tary is agree and u block all kind of liquids for budo, people can still use it in any other place and then join budo with the liquids on (thats what people is doing now for participate in budo) so if u really wanna block it, u need to make budo like when u rejoin to hell run or erebus run (after get dc), i mean when u rejoin these runs, some boosters in ur char like green potion, empty bottle, skills, etc get removed so it wont mind if any smart boy wanna use liquids in other place and then join budo, it just wont work.

3. for this point, i will upload a video in a new comment so u can see what i mean.

4. what do u mean with "it would affect how the bonus works" cuz in pvm, if u poison a mob, u cant poison him again. Poison bonus in pvp makes good damage. Example: In budo, if u fight against bodywarrior/archer/dagger with full poison chance (8 in weapon, 8 in helm, poison pet and poison fish), u wont be able to get rid of the poison bonus. I mean, if u use perch, it will be a suicide strategy, why? cuz when u get poison, u recibe damage inmediatelly and then u will recieve damage each 3 segs but if u get poison and receive the first damage and u use perch, u will able to be poisoned again before of 3 segs of cd for the next damage so u will recieve poison damage more faster than just take the poison for the complete fight and this is clearly a good advantage for this races and thats why it need to be nerfed.

• in seg 7, i click on the pet (i think mine) and i lost 5 segs until i notice it and click again on tidy, so please make the pets inclickable, ty.

pet need to be unclickable - YouTube

Edit: also u dont need to click on pet for target it, i mean if the pet move and intersects with the image of mouse and u just push the button of ur skill, it will target the pet like u click on the pety directly and try to use skill on it and thats what it happened to me.

Edit 2: is there a way for make shops in city1 unclickable too when u re doing pvp? i mean, when blues make raid in ch1 in asmodia kingdom and because the shops are not just in the plaza, u click sometimes in a shop and u lose the target and not just that, the shop opens and make u lose time and that also distracts you from the fight.

• Edit: also u dont need to click on pet for target it, i mean if the pet move and intersects with the image of mouse and u just push the button of ur skill, it will target the pet like u click on the pety directly and try to use skill on it and thats what it happened to me.

Edit 2: is there a way for make shops in city1 unclickable too when u re doing pvp? i mean, when blues make raid in ch1 in asmodia kingdom and because the shops are not just in the plaza, u click sometimes in a shop and u lose the target and not just that, the shop opens and make u lose time and that also distracts you from the fight.

• Luxuria

I cannot make a bonus work in one way inside Budokan and in another outside. Poison and fire duration are fine as it is. They don't need a change. Remove magic was changed because it was simply a pain to see a raid stopping for 1-2 minutes, on the safe zone to wait the remove magic to disappear.

Now the pvp is faster and if you die you lose your remove immunity. Heal was nerfed to avoid the spam. I am pretty sure everyone remember the endleess duel on Budokan with a healer. Now is not the case anymore. Poison and fire duration don't need any nerf.

Your 30 seconds to prepare are part of the challenge. Losing a battle because you screwed up your items is the only skill that this game asks you to have. So no it won't change. Nobody said you need to do two full mythic wheel, I just told you that you have two space if you don't want to waste 30k tps every match. I mean nobody is asking you to do anything.

If i really want to block the liquids or other boosters, i simply make disappear whatever effect you used once you log inside the arena. The budokan is not my doing, so if it is exploitable is not a surprise. If I decide to apply proper change obviously i cover all the smartass exploits that you players may come up with. But the point is that I don't make changes if only few people use such event.

When you said that you cannot skill if the pet is summoned i thought of some weird bug that prevent you from using any skills, but seems you just want them to not be clickable. Can be done.