Vein Event and Rules for Events/Consequences

Hey there, welcome to the Metin2.SG forum, here you can find a lot of interesting stuff, why don't you register your account? It only takes a minute! Click on the "Forum Login or forum-register" button on the top-left corner!
  • Hello everyone! (again)

This time I come here to discuss the Vein Spawn Event and a the consequences of disrupting events in general, especially this type of events that are made to make the game much easier for the player base.

I hadn't joined this event in a while and I was quickly reminded of why. Horses/mounts everywhere, pets everywhere, people in free mode to either kill or push other people from the veins. It's a f*** fest that only works due to the generosity of the GM in charge who spawns multiple veins through the course of an hour.

Anyway, here are the suggestions regarding the Vein Spawn Event:

• As was done with NW, mounts/horses shouldn't be able to be used on the map. Unfortunately, a wide range of players either can't understand the problems they cause, or simply do it to annoy other players.
    • If possible the same should be done with pets. Why?! Having a pet sit on the Vein when there are 40+ people around the same group of Veins - Soul Crystal generally - makes the task of clicking the Vein much harder than it should be.

Suggestions regarding Event Rules and Consequences for breaking them:

• Events like the one I previously mentioned are extremely important for the server's economy. The vast majority of players wouldn't farm ores otherwise. Disrupting said events is probably one of the most selfish and stupid things one can do. They are an EVENT, a "non mandatory" piece of content put in place to make our gaming experience better.
    • I propose the ban for disrupting an event to be increased. Yes, even on the first time it happens I find it more than deserved the consequence to be one week ban, not a one day ban.
    • Finally, regarding Monarch's Election. A Monarch/King is ultimately a representative of a community, or part of the community. Therefore, people who disrupt events, or have a history of repeated bans/misconduct shouldn't be able to be elected. Why?! It's a simple matter of principle. If you ar the representative of a community you have no right to act against it, or in a way that can jeopardize it's gaming experience.

Best regards,

Blank

• I propose the ban for disrupting an event to be increased. Yes, even on the first time it happens I find it more than deserved the consequence to be one week ban, not a one day ban.

Or, an easier and more frustrating (for the offender) solution - simply ban them from the next X events of that type, in this case mining event.

If they're inconsiderate enough to disrupt it, then they surely won't mind to be IP-blocked for the next 10 weeks of Vein Spawn, right?

• Or, an easier and more frustrating (for the offender) solution - simply ban them from the next X events of that type, in this case mining event.

If they're inconsiderate enough to disrupt it, then they surely won't mind to be IP-blocked for the next 10 weeks of Vein Spawn, right?

Sadly, not that hard to go past an IP block any longer.

• I agree with everything but this event needs a big mechanic rework or something, horses and pets are annoying, yes but the worst imo is people using skills to get near the vein and they have no idea how to do it properly(sideways of the vein not directly towards it) they end up on top of it and it make's it hell to click on it when there's like 10 people around + pets and horses and probably a bunch more on top of just 1 vein.

A "simple" fix i'd suggest is increasing the range of mining if possible so people don't have to use skills to get closer to the vein, even if it would look stupid, still better than having a bunch of people right on top of the thing.

Another one is just spawning more soul crystal veins since let's be real that's what most people go there to mine but I'm not sure if people would like that, last time I asked some gm's about this I remember something about "economy" or whatever.

Anyway I like the mining event and appreciate Tary putting up with us screaming at eachother to remove horse/pets/move from on top of the vein xD, it's my favourite event but it definitely needs some work in my opinion.

• Another one is just spawning more soul crystal veins since let's be real that's what most people go there to mine

Or remove the spawn of Soul Crystal entirely.

A lot of other ores are profitable, true not as profitable as SC, but it's presence really dumbs down this event. Without SC, at least there's the incentive to mine at least 3-4 other ores, Diamond, HT, Pearl, and a few other.

Tradition is the corpse of wisdom.

• just increase the size of the veins, will solve a couple more issues other than the mounts themselves