I'd like to start by stating that this suggestions come from a player who solely focuses on PvM. This means, in my view PvP isn't, or shouldn't have to, be the sole endgame. I'd also like to state, just for reference, I've played sg throughout the years, and through it's many changes.
I'll now give my opinions/suggestions regarding a few topics.
1) Difficulty of maps/Monster Damage:
- Over the last years, especially the last year, I find PvM became very accessible and easy to do. This is a huge advantage for new players, as they can try to catch up older players in a faster, less difficult way. But, on the other hand, it also takes some value from progression in the game. You shouldn't only have to work hard for PvP items, but also for PvM items. Currently, only Enchanted Forest and Melley are hard instances, making you have to gear up properly with items and alchemy to clear them efficiently. A lvl 62 char, or ever lower at 55 or 42 can easily do all content up to beta, and even most beta stones and bosses (given he has a proper buffer). One of the reasons, is clearly how much damage was added to the game through weapons, mount skins, sash etc... In my opinion, monsters should be buffed to accompany how easy it became to farm. A lvl 55 mage can easily reach 8k+ crit on stones lvl 90, for example. Warriors even more. This makes it so that there is no proper sense of "progression" and for the best maps to be over crowded. Also, resistances vs environment are practically useless PvM wise, which imo is sad as the last content we got was around it.
2) Incentive to lvl up above 100/105 and Enchanted Forest:
- Another aspect of the game that I'm not personally a fan of, is how going past 100/105 has more downsides than upsides. At level 100 you can clear Erebus, Hell Run and Ice Run which are some of the best income in the game, and the best solo income for sure. Levelling to 115 or 120 will just enable me to poison the bosses and use 115 armour. But, I give up on the opportunity of farming moonlights with my character properly, to farm stones for changers on beta etc... This leads me to Enchanted forest. It isn't a map design for farming but expeing. If, let's say, five people are there trying to do stones, no one will have a good time, to say the least. I think it's more than time for a proper farming map for high level players.
3) Gear and Melley+Hydra:
- Lastly, I'd like to mention the thing that probably saddens me the most. After being done with full superclass alchemy, which isn't that hard nowadays, the only thing left for a PvM player would be to upgrade to Full Mythical. This does bring added damage, but for what is that damage needed?! It's a big investment with no proper return, in my eyes. It makes me question why should I bother doing Melley at all. Stable profit wise, better things to do. With Hydra, which can be done by a good character+ buffer, it's only something people do for S skills and then are done with it. It feels more like a PvP addition than a PvM addition. This said, I'm glad with the choice of the items used to make the tickets, as it made Soul Stones worth something.
In conclusion, I'd just like to see more actual content design for PvM and linked with PvP needs. All PvM gear, all gear actually aside from 115 armors+9 and 90 shoes +9, are easy to acquire. I'd love to see real challenges to be done both solo and with guild mates but associated with gear progression. I always looked at SG as this server where reaching a goal was actual rewarding, and I hope to continue to do so!
Disclaimer: I'm aware some of this opinions are unpopular, especially point one. But, I feel like all sides should have a voice. I'm also aware people who want harder pvm content are a minority, and when the team releases something hard to do a bunch will complain, which is bad for business let's say. I just ask for more content for those who'd like to have different challenges and upgrades to look forward to.