Take some time to read, please.

Hey there, welcome to the Metin2.SG forum, here you can find a lot of interesting stuff, why don't you register your account? It only takes a minute! Click on the "Forum Login or forum-register" button on the top-left corner!
  • Hello there palls and ladies.

Duo to recent complains and bad coresponding between Staff members and community , I wanted to open a new threat and put here in general (I am not sure if they are going approve it tho, but anw).

I think all of you going way to greedy about all the game. I think all of you just lost the sense of fun about that game, you want to start here in this server and after 10days to be at the top of the ladder? No guys, that's not the way to go. You need to do it as everyone else in this server try hard and go for it. You have to be patient and try to do it the normal , because that after all is an official server!

Something else I want to share with you. I was just checking the currently posts and see disturbingly amount of negative attidute arround. I am kinda disgusted from your attitude between each other and also with the staff. They are only few for all of us. All of you become so disrespectful and that isn't going well with every day. That's all about that in this post.

And last but not least , I would like to thank to the staff , personally and hopefull everyone does in the post below, because you guys are amazing and always try hard to make us having a good time. Keep all the positivity on. We appriciate every little bit of your hard work! Deeply respects to you all!! :thumbsup: <3

Thank you for reading and hopefully we will do better now on , like it use to be back in the days! Stay safe. :)

Regards.

• Unfortunately, people will always act like people, especially when given the opportunity. In my opinion, it's a matter of education - through which one's character is built. It's far fetched to even hope that a game would be played by civilized individuals, especially with the anonymous protection the internet guarantees. I believe that the power of example is what will get us out of trouble. I do hope this little but great community of people that actually read the forum will make an impact in game as well, through the sheer power of example.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.” Sun Tzu, The Art of War

• Hi, I want to give my opinion regarding this subject. First of all, some players keep complaining that server has many bugs/disconnections/freezes and often accuse staff for not fixing those. But, they do not understand It is a problem of 'metin2' itself It comes with bugs and disconnections, every metin2 games have similar issues. The staff always try to fix all issues reported, metin2 sg is one of the game with minimal bugs or disconnections to be honest.

Another thing I noticed is that players often complain that 'market is dead' since they cannot sell their items. They even wanted the shopsearch feature to be removed from the game. The problem here is not the shop search', players mostly overfarm and we end up having a huge supply of stuffs. If players can farm something themselves why would they buy them? You can just sell the items which players want and adjust to market changes. You cannot expect just farm metins day night and make lots of wons, you need to have patience and find out what players are demanding. For example at the moment devil's splinters are sold really fast , you can them from plagued run and also soul stones/rarity ores. It is not so hard to make gold, hence complaining is not the solution here or blaming staff etc.

I also saw players complain so much when they fail items many times, this is part of the game and you cannot blame anyone for this lol, there is no need to give up or say the game is shit something like that. It will be good if such attitude can be changed.

Some players keep mocking the game, but still play it for years and years, I seriously do not get this, how they can play the game and speak bad about it? They keep saying that 'server dead' do they even know the meaning of a dead server, It is a server where there are no players and then it shuts down. So you cannot call metin2 sg a dead server, It is online for years and years. The staff work really hard all the time.

Finally, I have also seen players complaining hard about their tickets not answered 'quick' or their tec points not accepted. Seriously, you need to learn how to wait and that the staff are humans just like all of us, they do great work here. Some might think I am writing this to 'bootlick' the staff but this is not the case, It is just things which I have noticed.

Thanks for reading

#LongLiveMetin2SG

• Hi, I want to give my opinion regarding this subject. First of all, some players keep complaining that server has many bugs/disconnections/freezes and often accuse staff for not fixing those. But, they do not understand It is a problem of 'metin2' itself It comes with bugs and disconnections, every metin2 games have similar issues. The staff always try to fix all issues reported, metin2 sg is one of the game with minimal bugs or disconnections to be honest.

Hello,

This is probably digressing from the subject, but I felt like i had to give my opinion about your words here.

1)

Yes there are enough trash servers that are made only for the fast cash, and these servers comes with many bugs and issues. But you still cannot say every server has these issues. Some have many more and some have many less.

To be honest you cant say metin2 sg is one of the "game" with minimal bugs..

first of all sg is still not a game itself. It is a part of a game, a private Server of a game. And since there are games, with alot more players, it is clear that these issues and bugs pop out easier than in metin.

Another thing I noticed is that players often complain that 'market is dead' since they cannot sell their items. They even wanted the shopsearch feature to be removed from the game. The problem here is not the shop search', players mostly overfarm and we end up having a huge supply of stuffs. If players can farm something themselves why would they buy them? You can just sell the items which players want and adjust to market changes. You cannot expect just farm metins day night and make lots of wons, you need to have patience and find out what players are demanding. For example at the moment devil's splinters are sold really fast , you can them from plagued run and also soul stones/rarity ores. It is not so hard to make gold, hence complaining is not the solution here or blaming staff etc.

In my opinion it is still the lack of players which leads to this problem, but correct me if im wrong.

I also saw players complain so much when they fail items many times, this is part of the game and you cannot blame anyone for this lol, there is no need to give up or say the game is shit something like that. It will be good if such attitude can be changed.

+1 I agree with you here.

Some players keep mocking the game, but still play it for years and years, I seriously do not get this, how they can play the game and speak bad about it? They keep saying that 'server dead' do they even know the meaning of a dead server, It is a server where there are no players and then it shuts down. So you cannot call metin2 sg a dead server, It is online for years and years. The staff work really hard all the time.

Please do a difference between the words game and server.

It is still a matter of opinion, if someone says "the server is dead".

I know many server and i know many people from other server. Some are saying a server is dead when it reaches less than ~250 player online at the same time. And other will say different.

A server can survive if there are still enough people who purchase for it, in my opinion.

Finally, I have also seen players complaining hard about their tickets not answered 'quick' or their tec points not accepted. Seriously, you need to learn how to wait and that the staff are humans just like all of us, they do great work here. Some might think I am writing this to 'bootlick' the staff but this is not the case, It is just things which I have noticed.

+1 for the first part. You cant expect that the staff is answering you directly all the time.

But actually you can expect from a 11 years-old server, that there's after all the time atleast a automatic system, which does things like accepting tec points requests.

Again this is only my opinion. You might see this again as a mocking about server or player.. but i wanted to mention my opinion on this too.

regards

The problems are not coming directly from 'Metin2', the SGteam just doesn't feel like it's necessary looking for the bugs in their files. There are, as far as I know, no other servers that have such big problems with freezes/disconnections or 'ipv6', as the team would say. The team's statement doesn't make much sense if after disabling ipv6 the freezes don't disappear. Elspeth even admitted for a while that the freezes/disconnects are not only caused by ipv6 and that it would simply take too much time to figure out what is triggering them. As you can see in the video that Airmax posted some time ago, there are more problems than just that. They just keep adding stuff without fixing the already existing problems, what is probably going to happen? Maybe they should ask their old friend Shogun how to fix their files, but he probably won't help after Chris annoyed him so much. :(

https://gyazo.com/70df047a4c735d79a23b2640ec9c294c

The main problem with the shopsearch is that it sorts by price. There has never been a server where the market has worked well with a sort by price function, so why should it work on SG? Many players have already suggested that it should be changed. Shadow has refused the suggestions and said it is the players fault (? wtf). There are not too many items on the market. For example, the blue changers & rarity changers on the market are barely enough to roll one very good PvP item (unless you are extremely lucky). The problem is that the server has a small playerbase and not much PvP. You don't need good items for PvM, the items on the market are more than enough for that. So why would you make items yourself? Why farm dungeons when you make much more money farming metinstones? A 50won budget temple farmer makes more money than any high level player who farms dungeons. It's definitely not the players fault.

You've basically already answered your own question. Most players on SG have been playing for years, it's too hard for them to quit or change the server when they've already built up their accounts so much. Compared to other servers, SG is pretty dead, yes. But maybe the players say that so the team finally starts doing something like 'promotion' to gain some more players? So much hard work, I hope Elspeth doesn't overwork himself looking in other Metin forums for public stuff to add.

Why automatically accept Odins when you can accept them manually for 11 years? As the team would say, there are more important things to do. :')

I'm pretty sure you're aware of all this and you're just trying to defend SG, which of course is not a bad thing, but as long as there are players like you, they won't fix the problems.

Best regards & #LongLiveMetin2SG

• Reactablex3 I am not saying the server is flawless, nothing is perfect, but I think you exaggerating and making it sound like the server is filled with bugs, as for me defending, I will keep doing so because It is a server which I love and enjoy to play and I can see how hard the staff works. If you think there are problems, there will be problems, It's all about attitudes towards handling problems, probably your way of doing is to complain. Tell me which server has no freezing and disconnections? You are totally wrong by saying the server is dead, If it was dead, It would not exist. I can see just you are a butthurt ex player and your opinion does not matter much. I know you very well, even while playing sg you would speak bad daily, so glad you no longer play because server does not need selfish players like your type.

I have lots to say about your post to show how wrong you are but I won't bother xd Bye since you don't even play. You just think you know everything but you don't, think of the old players who been playing for so many years and still around, they are the ones who know more than you definitely.

• Ok, let's take a good look at posts on one of the most active servers which won't be named here

First a post from 5 months ago telling staff to fix their stuff: https://i.imgur.com/w2qtlAy.png

here's a few more, one even from a week ago, are you sure they actually fixed this or just said it so they can ignore and pretend everything is ok.

https://i.imgur.com/gFh3L5Z.png

https://i.imgur.com/UrOkfHL.png

https://i.imgur.com/09geBp4.png

Now, you say and i quote "As you can see in the video that Airmax posted some time ago, there are more problems than just that." if you were to actually read the forum, you would realized this was addressed and fixed. There has been no reports of this issue(at least not on forums nor in game) ever since the fix came out. [PATCH NOTES] 15/02/2021

You say the problem with the shop search is that it sorts by price, how is that a problem? Literally every single mmo both modern and from 25 years ago since Everquest had a market like this, and seriously doesn't take long to check for the x10, x100, x200 prices and compare what would be the best buy.

Yeah, a big number of players keeps playing because they been here for years and that's great. They don't have their progress erased suddenly by failed servers, they don't have their accounts deleted by admins who dont feel like continuing the server, and they definitely dont feel the need to be jumping from server to server every 2 weeks because all those servers get boring fast or are complete money grabbers.

I love when i see on those other servers sudden emergency maintenances with announcement of a lot of bans and GMs going around tracking the guys and the items they managed to duplicate or bug abuse something so hard they destroyed the server. SG TP accepting system might be a bit boring to force you to wait but as soon as you know this system exists, you simply prepare before you actually need to use the TP, it's not too hard to keep 20k tp saved up in case you need for an emergency and hey it's not that slow of a wait either the majority of the time.

here's also no one trying to exploit the mall system thanks to the staff always checking if anyone managed to find something. That's how the internet and programs work, no matter how much time passes and how much security you put into something there's always a way to break something.

This is also way better than using those auto-ban systems, i laugh hard everytime those fail and they end up auto-banning even the staff members with false positives.

TLDR; The staff listens to players, they use their feedback to decide whether or not to change things, they use their reports to fix a lot of issues, if you don't like the way they handle things because they don't sugarcoat or fake it like it's done on other servers then you don't really need to be here.

• Temple farmer will win gold more than high lvl farmer? Nice joke xd. I can win 3-5w in 30 minutes in runs. Also with less effort. Metin2 players expactation is too much for 2GB game, maybe not even 2GB :D

70won/day in temple was normal for me in the first week of playing here. crossfire knows this, I even bought an 120won ruby from you after 3-4 days of playing here including doing horse quests and building my farmers. keep doing runs pro :saint:

• 70won/day in temple was normal for me in the first week of playing here. crossfire knows this, I even bought an 120won ruby from you after 3-4 days of playing here including doing horse quests and building my farmers. keep doing runs pro :saint:

No wonder you became to arrogant:) because you thought you were so good, even better than the old players that you would even disrespect them. Funny :) The truth is that, you were a huge selfish and arrogant noob. So called 'proud ex temple farmer' funny xd

• There are quite a lot of false facts and twisted words, but is no surprise since they come from players who have been banned and apparently have nothing better to do than spending an absurd amount of time on a forum of a game where they have been banned.

By no means we said that every freeze and disconnection is caused by IPV6, we said that IPV6 can cause that. Also claiming it is a bug is false and wrong, the game was born in this way. We also stated that eventualy this needs to change as IPV4 is doomed to cease to exist. We also said that this problem exist in other server, which was denied by players like your friend Airmax, except he also played a server where this problem exist (and still does) proven by several threads about it and the same reply and it still does, maintenance or not.

If you believe that you can deactivate it at will you are wrong.

Quote me where i said that is the player fault? I said to the suggestion to remove the shop search and put a simple arrow on every shop that has the item you are looking for, is a huge step back. I said we are not meant to regulate the market, something that players create themselves. If this for you means that it is player's fault, then oh well whatever.

Last but not least, tec points are semi automated, they get auto accepted after 12 hours. We prefer to keep it this way so that in case of scams or other problems, we can monitor efficently.

Bug Reports

All bugs are reported here and 99% are fixed. The connection issues reported by AirForce, was fixed the next week, since apparently nobody ever reported again such problem after the patch.

Suggestions

Suggestions are made here. You don't have to consider everything you dislike a bug, if you want tec points rings to be credited immediately, suggest it, but they should raise in price, like 1010, 2020, 3030 and 5050, to prevent people from spamming buy / use / buy / use.

Thats of course if you are interested on playing here, if not, don't waste more time on this forum.

• Did Palita finally help you write a proper answer? I already thought that there is no more answer, except for the senseless stuff from earlier.

Nice screenshots of A***** discord, you unfortunately did not consider that the server you showed has 33000 players in the last 24/h, which is many times the SG players. 5 players out of 33000 have complained? Good comparison. On SG pretty much everyone has these problems, funny isn't it?

You say the problem with the shop search is that it sorts by price, how is that a problem? Literally every single mmo both modern and from 25 years ago since Everquest had a market like this, and seriously doesn't take long to check for the x10, x100, x200 prices and compare what would be the best buy.

f you don't see a problem there, I'm sorry. It's very obvious that prices are dropping so much because players are undercutting each other. If shopsearch stopped sorting by price, not everyone would bother looking for the cheapest item. As I said, this problem has existed on countless servers, which is why almost no server has a shopsearch that sorts by price anymore.

The rest of your post is complete nonsense, no idea what you are trying to say.

I don't care about SG at all, I just find it funny how some here still defend the team. More entertaining than Metin2 itself. :)

#LongLiveMetin2SG

• right now you can make more gold by sitting in town than by farming. the market is working exactly like a real economy. what's actually happening is that ppl are crying about something they don't understand. I will give a very simple example, people keep selling green changers for 1kk, even less but if they had some patience they would be able to sell it for 2kk on a daily basis without issues. So.. if you sit in town buying the cheap stuffs and selling it for their real price, you get gold easily....

the shop search works extremely well people are just too greedy and impatient to use it properly, or too learn it properly, like in every other mmo

but yeah of course you don't care about what anybody said, all you're interested is your narrative, to provoke people and drama, you just proved your comments are absolutely pointless and you didn't use your brain to type any of that

#truthhurts

• By no means we said that every freeze and disconnection is caused by IPV6, we said that IPV6 can cause that. Also claiming it is a bug is false and wrong, the game was born in this way. We also stated that eventualy this needs to change as IPV4 is doomed to cease to exist.

Oh really?

https://gyazo.com/cd7baf6d65ae12ed78835abee3ce1388

https://gyazo.com/af77e74842f626df8bf67482e4eca327

https://gyazo.com/97908d6aa0eb34926fe8560f397337e7

https://gyazo.com/c50d1638c6235e2be54f1d60800d411a

https://gyazo.com/6763f12d3eb97437ee2c61a4ae4cc948

This is the main reason why some people are so annoyed by his statements btw.

Blaming every problem on someone else, funny isn't it? Elspeth has said this to everyone in the guild, everyone on elitepvpers, everyone on Discord. But it's nice to see that you're admitting it to yourselves by now. :)

We also said that this problem exist in other server, which was denied by players like your friend Airmax, except he also played a server where this problem exist (and still does) proven by several threads about it and the same reply and it still does, maintenance or not.

Funny, I played on the mentioned server for several months and didn't have a single freeze or disconnect.

For comparison: https://gyazo.com/e3f6e77f5321c1b24489c8d5e3f3556e mentioned server, https://gyazo.com/2b07d89d03236163ec1f8a05116f66b5 SG

And this although the mentioned server probably has more than 10 times as many players.

Quote me where i said that is the player fault? I said to the suggestion to remove the shop search and put a simple arrow on every shop that has the item you are looking for, is a huge step back. I said we are not meant to regulate the market, something that players create themselves. If this for you means that it is player's fault, then oh well whatever.

Even worse lol.

„I said we are not meant to regulate the market, something that players create themselves“ This is the reason why the market is completely broken. :D If you think that it is not your job to regulate the market, then oh well whatever.

All bugs are reported here and 99% are fixed.

Suggestions

Suggestions are made here. You don't have to consider everything you dislike a bug,

How about fixing extra inventory lags, stuck metins, shopsearch for alchemy, dungeon ranking or finally giving purpose to the vote4bonus button so you can promote your server on toplist sites to gain players? Most of this has been suggested several times. :)

• Thanks for saving me from having to reply.

you just proved your comments are absolutely pointless and you didn't use your brain to type any of that

• You should learn the consequences of things you want.

For example... you wanted an update to the drop rate formula and supported it when it was suggested, staff listened and that update came, that update is the main cause of the current market state. The market was exactly the same before the update and there were next to no complaints about it. The only thing that changed was the drop rate formula that you supported.

So in essence, your comments are so invalid that even your own past actions prove what you say is a bunch of crap.

• No I am not admitting anything different than what we already said, if you have IPV6 and you change channel and get a freeze during the login phase, then it is because you have IPV6. And this is proven by the fact that several players who used a vpn or asked their provider to change to IPV4, solved the problem. I am not talking of those who tried to change their IPV using their own settings cause thats not how it works.

Funny, I played on the mentioned server for several months and didn't have a single freeze or disconnect.

For comparison: https://gyazo.com/e3f6e77f5321c1b24489c8d5e3f3556e mentioned server, https://gyazo.com/2b07d89d03236163ec1f8a05116f66b5 SG

And this although the mentioned server probably has more than 10 times as many players.

What exactly this proves? A server with such problem could have the problem and don't know why it happens, hence never mention the word IPV. There are players here that don't have freezing issues either, yet denying that others have it is idiotic as much as denying the fact that one of the server you played, have it, admitted it was caused by ipv6 and even after the so called patch, still have it, no idea if in the same manner or less than before thou. Said server only recently stated it was IPV6, despite having it for years. One could assume they simply ignored the problem instead of at least explaining why it happens.

Even worse lol.

„I said we are not meant to regulate the market, something that players create themselves“ This is the reason why the market is completely broken. :D If you think that it is not your job to regulate the market, then oh well whatever.

It still proves you are twisting words. My sentence is refered to the suggestion that i should put a block in every trade by price or increase the value of items when npced. It is not my job to force players to sell an item for a determined price.

How about fixing extra inventory lags, stuck metins, shopsearch for alchemy, dungeon ranking or finally giving purpose to the vote4bonus button so you can promote your server on toplist sites to gain players? Most of this has been suggested several times.

How about explaining them?

Whats wrong with the extra inventory lags? Why not posting a thread with an explanation about it?

Stuck metins, no thread about them, it doesn't cost us anything to make them despawn if they are not hit for X amount of time, but nobody suggested it. For the shopsearch and the ranking of the dungeon, the process is long and there were more concern updates to be done.

Vote4bonus, most of the top list were inactive and several players were actually against it to begin wiith.

• You should learn the consequences of things you want.

For example... you wanted an update to the drop rate formula and supported it when it was suggested, staff listened and that update came, that update is the main cause of the current market state. The market was exactly the same before the update and there were next to no complaints about it. The only thing that changed was the drop rate formula that you supported.

So in essence, your comments are so invalid that even your own past actions prove what you say is a bunch of crap.

It's sad to see that SG players have to face consequences for suggesting necessary changes. I am very sorry for you guys. :D The drop rate formula update was the best update in the last 6 months, the problem is that Shadow does not see it as his job to regulate the market. Obviously, more items are being dropped since the patch than before, but that can be adjusted, right? The old drop formula was complete garbage, why is it our fault for suggesting a change?

you just proved your comments are absolutely pointless and you didn't use your brain to type any of that

• It's sad to see that SG players have to face consequences for suggesting necessary changes. I am very sorry for you guys. :D The drop rate formula update was the best update in the last 6 months, the problem is that Shadow does not see it as his job to regulate the market. Obviously, more items are being dropped since the patch than before, but that can be adjusted, right? The old drop formula was complete garbage, why is it our fault for suggesting a change?

so you say it's necessary and yet you complain about the effects of the update? Try to use your head when you complain about such things.

You can't drop more stuff and maintain the same high prices, of course prices will drop, of course item sales will become more competitive, aside for some UI tweakings in the shop search, the system works perfectly fine

• It's sad to see that SG players have to face consequences for suggesting necessary changes. I am very sorry for you guys. :D The drop rate formula update was the best update in the last 6 months, the problem is that Shadow does not see it as his job to regulate the market. Obviously, more items are being dropped since the patch than before, but that can be adjusted, right? The old drop formula was complete garbage, why is it our fault for suggesting a change?

Because apparently you don't understand that if you drop more, your items are worth less. And no I repeat it is not my job to regulate your drops values. If you are too stubborn to farm the same items every day and expect that it keeps the same value forever, then i am out of words :)

But to be honest there is no point on trying to put some sense into your head, as a hater and a banned player you are not here to improve anything, just to waste your time and ours and just flame people. Nothing new since you used to that even when you played here. So you are out for good now.