[Change] Poly Update ?

Hey there, welcome to the Metin2.SG forum, here you can find a lot of interesting stuff, why don't you register your account? It only takes a minute! Click on the "Forum Login or forum-register" button on the top-left corner!
  • Totally ruined high level farming. Especially for mages and sins who rely on dungeons to make gold rather than farming metins.

After playing almost everyday to get decent gear and levels on my ninja to do runs, this poly change came up to force me out of dungeons.

If doing a dungeon now requires farming on a low level char for 70kk worth of mats for a poly that is way less effective than before (damage reduced A LOT), I'd rather stop playing at all.

• It should be adjusted to be similar as before.

Increasing AP value in polys since the formula works with that now and block Aura and Blade from poly in war and sura so with this change they don't get too overpowered. That way ninjas and mage could make decent dmg (I lost 8k against Azrael, Dragon and in giants for example).

And ofc lower the required materials. Before the update for example the demon spearman poly craft was already "expensive" since you could fail and it required Demon's Keepsake's+ which only drops from the mages (which is a very low amount in the floors). Now it requires 24! And even toys which is a low lvl drop from those demi humans in city1/2 which already are not farmed since people go directly to valley or dark temple. So one needs to make a farmer or buy to someone which will exploit it and sell to you for a crazy amount (2.5 - 3kk just checked).

The animals polys are useless (because of their animation) and they require low lvl mats, which no one farms. There are many good polys which can be changed for them. Proud Dark Rifleman/Esoteric Executioner, Elite Orc Fighter, To Su.

The Savage Minion mats should be changed. The Shiriken+, which was already an expensive item and now it's even more. But this is not even the real problem here, the problem is that is only farmed through bestial mobs, so again, you need to make a farmer or buy for 4-6kk/u. It should be changed for Shiriken (which precisely drops from savage minions), ofc with a higher quantity requirement.

And then others polys where are needed mats like devil's splinter, demonic ashes, 50 blessing scrolls, 50 purple boxes, dark lord nail/fang, etc should be lowered or changed the mats as well. They are not that good compared to others to require that kind of materials and so many. It's crazy and makes no sense.

And there shouldn't be overpowered polys. Before the update all polys had the same dmg, but different speed attack because of animation. It's better to have them like that, with similar damage and other stats which makes them different. But all should be accessible (="easy" drop of mats) so that way people won't focus on 1-3 and all polys could be useful and all materials from different lvl ranges which are overfarmed and "useless" would have their use here.

• Totally ruined high level farming. Especially for mages and sins who rely on dungeons to make gold rather than farming metins.

After playing almost everyday to get decent gear and levels on my ninja to do runs, this poly change came up to force me out of dungeons.

If doing a dungeon now requires farming on a low level char for 70kk worth of mats for a poly that is way less effective than before (damage reduced A LOT), I'd rather stop playing at all.

which polies have you been using and where at now?

• which polies have you been using and where at now?

I tried almost all of them, mainly in hell run. I lost 8k damage on boss and 12-14k on hell metin / mobs.

Not a single one is good to use for the whole run like before. The run takes much more time to finish due to lack of damage. And despite the fact that it can be done without poly until reaching the boss, it is not efficient at all considering the time spent / rewards given. A low level farmer can make more gold in the same amount of time just by hitting metins.

Moreover, everbody knows what were the most commonly used poly marbles before the update, not because they had extra damage or some elemental resistance, but because their animation is good. So simple. And now these exact poly marbles that everyone used before are unaccessible due to the high amount of mats that require low level farming, while the rest won't be crafted since their attack animation is bad.

As for the addition of aos/blade, as far as I remember they removed it because they said it's a bug and you shouldn't be able to use them in poly. Now it's back for some reason. 😅

• As for the addition of aos/blade, as far as I remember they removed it because they said it's a bug and you shouldn't be able to use them in poly. Now it's back for some reason. 😅

The reason for this update was to fix the 31231241 bugs polies had and enhance them with stats. I think this change is totally fine, only needs some balancing in terms of the damage, the material costs and from what i've been seeing you guys say and people in game, the addition of the polies you mentioned would be welcomed.

• this update killing game one flame key 50kk one poly 25kk and damage reduced so low whats the aim whats the goal here for really so hard to understand when it was for everyone enjoyable why making it so difficult no one online even in game lol what we should do ? open new character and make low lvl farmers collect items make poly ? i have already passed that lol please be kind and make the poly as it was before or make vote's in forum or in game ask players idea like who wants that poly or who wants ex style.

• Good morning.

From my point of view, this update doesnt matter for high levels, how ever, i have seen lot of not so high levels complaining about his dmg reduce. It's simple, if we want these not so high level people stay playing just make system like before or fix this one a bit.

Have a nice day.

• Honestly, this update was a huge fail. Lots of people were farming polys and lots of people were buying them for dungeons. And it was good that way. I understand that they tried to make all mats useful for something, but 90% of the polys are still useless because of their animation. This just ruined it for people whose income came from hell, for example. And also for those who were farming the polys. For the past 4 days I've seen only a few black orc polys (25kk each or so) and no baby spider polys at all.

And as xWarn said - this will make a lot of lower level players quit. And actually, this has made me stop for now, too. I don't have all day to farm.

P.S Just a friendly advice - If something works don't change it.

• Well, few of the polies are good but most of them are bad actually. The old polies were much better in terms of attack speed and damage. Most players are not pleased regarding this, hence It should be changed!

Either- Keep the new polies but also re add the old polies back ie from mobs and craftable from baek -go

OR Balance the new polies with same damage as the old polies

• I have tested few of the poly marbles in the new system. In terms of moving speed, attack speed and crafting cost the crimson spider seems to be probably the best. The damage loss is quite huge, some 6-10k but having access to a good marble is not so bad afterall. The 5 extra minutes are also useful at P, since we kill one Nemere, 2x Yamachon and one Bagjanamu with a single poly.

Maybe those of you who don't like the nerf in damage should try to find a partner to play with.