Advice on how not to lower prices and kill trade

Hey there, welcome to the Metin2.SG forum, here you can find a lot of interesting stuff, why don't you register your account? It only takes a minute! Click on the "Forum Login or forum-register" button on the top-left corner!
  • Code
    I try to do this post even if surely someone will complain .... Anyway some advice for those players who drop their prices dramatically, guys just use the shopbox and put the items at 1 yang less than the higher price, not 20-30kk less , for example yesterday I sold some rare changes at 185kk, this morning they are at 157kk, I don't understand what problems these people have, then they complain "nothing is sold the server is not good" when they kill the trade, I am referring to rare bonus changers for example, but with all items it is like this ... Wake up people ...
  • They should stop undercutting, for example If something is 10kk they sell for 9.9kk then the next one sells for 9.8kk. They must really stop undercutting and sell same price it will be sold eventually but I think they are just too impatient and want their items to sell fast. If something is 10kk in shops, sell for 10kk simple and learn to wait till items are sold. Another issue is over farming, maybe have a normal life with minimum sleep hours, get some sleep there is no need to farm 25/8. The game will not run away, and you going to do huge favour by fixing prices. Thanks

• that's right EmyEmy, you have fully grasped the gist of the speech, people here are impatient in fact if I "hurry" to sell I put at 1 yang less than the highest price there is in order to be 1st in the shopbox search , unfortunately people here did not play years ago, they will never know / understand what metin2sg was and what they are making it become, sooner or later people will be bored to see their playing time to have revenue in the game thrown away. because people can't wait ... thanks for your answer!

• Heya,

if people undercut the normal prices this heavily, have you ever considered buying all the cheap stuff and putting it at the "normal" price?

Thats what happens at literally every MMO.

The problem is that here in metin2 sg nobody would bother to do this, compared to other mmos, here they just want their items to sell really fast, they don't even value their time they spent on farming the items.

• Heya,

if people undercut the normal prices this heavily, have you ever considered buying all the cheap stuff and putting it at the "normal" price?

Hi elspeth, the problem is this, take for example the farm of green and red changers,don't talk about the blue changers they are still god to sell for 10kk 1x., but returing on the green and red, they were at 5kk the reds have now gone down to 3 / 3.5, sometimes I find them even at 2.5, the greens cost 3kk now you can find them from 1.2- 1.6kk, the problem is that if I too, like other players, start to buy everything slowly and to resell more, we will lose ourselves, for the simple fact that there are people who are in a hurry to sell, but every day they are in a hurry they ruin some gaming businesss put a new player who registers and sees that the objects are worth so little is demoralized in my opinion, I can't always be there to give 50kk to new people so randomly and tell him enjoy sg server.

It would be more correct at this point in my opinion, even if for many I am saying nonsense, it would be better to remove the searchshop at this point, anyone can sell as much as they want, but in doing that you would lose all those players who continuously lower their prices, my it is just an opinion, a thought, it is not an affront or an attack that I do to you, the specific one because, however, we are writing and not speaking aloud, sometimes one can misunderstand.

Thank for your answer <3

• Another problem is the one mentioned by EmyEmy, people here want everything immediately, in a week or a month they want the lv 90 equip etc etc ruining a market but many people cannot stay a lot of time at the pc so who benefits precisely these people who enter are the pg lower the prices and after a while they disappear .... I am the first who plays more than two hours a day, but I put myself in the shoes of those who cannot for me it is not a problem if people lower their prices ... it's a problem for other players, that's why I asked for your opinion/help ....

• We are not going to remove the shop search. The shop search is not the problem, even thou these problems were foretold by me when you asked me to implement it.

Suggest to have timed changers instead, they disappear after X days so that you cannot hoard them forever and price stays stable. But of course none of you is going to suggest this :lol:

• We are not going to remove the shop search. The shop search is not the problem, even thou these problems were foretold by me when you asked me to implement it.

Suggest to have timed changers instead, they disappear after X days so that you cannot hoard them forever and price stays stable. But of course none of you is going to suggest this :lol:

Maybe like this, the item you put in shop has a timer and as more time passes, item price goes up then players have to buy fast to avoid this, means they are forced to buy the cheapest really quick before they are gone.

• Thats not possible to do. Besides it would scam players if the moment they are buying something to 1 it becomes 2. The idea behind having timed items is that someone wouldn't waste so much time farming and hoarding every day if he knows that in 1 week or 1 month they will be gone, keep a price stable and giving chance to the rest to farm or using the changer or items.

But like i said, the market is not our duty is something created by the players.

• Shop-search is a good feature, and it contains not only "farming" items, but also unique ones, like armors/weapons, accesories, etc. It helps to find those items as well. So just because it allows to "abuse" the prices of the certain items, it doesn't mean it's bad overall.

Instead of deleting shop-search which is a dumb idea, I have a 2 solutions, they're not "good" for the market overall, but they may solve the problem.

1. Make flat price for the items that ppl have problem with, so you can sell them in vendor. For example, take average price of the item from the past 2/3 months, and set it that you can sell them in the vendor for 65/75% of that price, just like it is with a spirit stones and books. In that case, ppl who would want to sell them immediately, will have this option, but for much less money. Also, price of the item in the shop-search would remain above the vendor's one, because it would be dumb, to sell that item for less, if you can just sell it in vendor and save your time + If Ppl were in need of those items, they would have to buy them from the shop-search for a price that the seller is satisfied with.

Cons for that option:
    a) Some hyperfarmers would just sell items in the vendor nevertheless saving them time, therefore gaining more gold=advantage, the more they are farming.
    b) The idea of "free market" would be less relevant for those items.

2. Adjust the shop-search, so for a certain items, you can't set the price below X.

In that case, there will be a lot of the items for the same price and ppl would have to wait a bit more to sell them, but the prices would be good, and it's harder to abuse this option.

Cons for that:

a) Ppl would need to wait more.

b) The idea of "free market" would be less relevant for those items as well. Less control in the player's hands, but something for something.

• 1) Thats a terrible idea. If the price is not the same as 2 months ago it means the item is not worth as it was 2 months ago. You simply deal with it and lower the price. We can increase the price you get from npcing certain items, but of course it shouldn't cover 70% of its value, but 10 or 20 max.

2) Thats unrelated to the shop search, is the shop that must have that feature, you don't set prices via the search.

Even in this case, is simply too much work to do for something that depends entirely on the community.

• 1) Thats a terrible idea. If the price is not the same as 2 months ago it means the item is not worth as it was 2 months ago. You simply deal with it and lower the price. We can increase the price you get from npcing certain items, but of course it shouldn't cover 70% of its value, but 10 or 20 max.

I only partially agree with you about that. You're right that "If the price is not the same as 2 months ago it means the item is not worth as it was 2 months ago. You simply deal with it and lower the price", but in this case we both know what was the main factor of the price drop for changers and other certain items in the past 2 months. Also I doubt that increasing the price from npcing these items for 10/20% of their value would change anything, because the items we're talking about are highly demanded and useful for most of the time unlike books and stones+0-2 and ppl would still undercut to a certain point instead of selling them for 10/20% of the price. Sure maybe 70% is still too much, but numbers around 50% would be "decent", if that was an option.

2) Thats unrelated to the shop search, is the shop that must have that feature, you don't set prices via the search.

Even in this case, is simply too much work to do for something that depends entirely on the community.

Yes, my bad, I mistakenly typed shop-search. Was thinking about the shop and a blockade, where you can't set price below X for certain items. I agree that "is simply too much work to do for something that depends entirely on the community.", but we also know how most of this community works, especially if we take profit into consideration. As I said, these 2 weren't good but they're some sort of solution.

Maybe something less radical. What about giving these items new functions in the future updates. Like new recipes that require them to be used, or new items that require them as an upgrading material. Less painful option, the only problem would be hoarding. if there was any info about that I guess.

• Simulating a npc that behaves like a player is simply wrong. NPC buys all, even things they do not need and don't have a limit of golds. You cannot really propose to sell changers that are worth 3 milions, to a npc for 1,5 milions or more.

It will inject in the server so many golds, that the next thing you will ask me is to inject more tec points on the server as the price of odins will reach 400 milions.

I am not here to solve a problem by creating another.

This community is what we have and the population we have is what we have. There is nothing I can do for your prices and I am not going to create more stuff to be crafted out of items such as green or red changers that can be farmed easily.

We put changers and adders on metins so that people could farm and create their own items to be competitive in proper time as the game grows old each day and is not resonable to create a competitive character in years anymore. They were not meant to be used as main source of golds.

To be honest the thing i proposed makes sense and is also used on most games.

If items have an expiration date their value is never going to decrease because you will not able to hoard them forever and you will also stop farming once you are unable to sell them, cause whats the point on hoarding more of them if you know they ll disappear?

The same should be done with event box and their drops.

• The timed items seems like a good idea. I've seen it on many other games/servers.

On another hand, I personally think that the price drop is related to how generous the drop system is. Some consumables in the game are quite expensive due to the fact that they are not easily dropped or accessible to everyone. This means that the market can be easily fixed by decreasing the drop rate of the consumables people always complain about. Of course none of the players will like this idea, because anything that affects the drop is off limit for some players when it comes to suggestions.

You don't really need to "hoard" items to decrease their price nowadays. You just need to farm 2h a day and drop 150 green/red changers or 50 blue changers. Yes only 2 hours. There are so many additions to the server that boosted players' damage and allowed them to farm more metins per glove, adjusting the drop rate accordingly wouldn't be so bad in my opinion.

And no, even though the prices will rise, a player's income will remain almost the same. For example, instead of farming 50 blue changers per glove and sell them for 5w (10kk ea.), you will farm 25 blue changers instead and still sell them for 5w (20kk ea.)

• in my opinion its less Yang on server and if players get more methods to do make yang market will stay

People are not hoard items they hoard yang and noone will buy something bc its not enougj Yang in the community do ppl hoard it

• Heya,

not working, tried here with red changers, people will always go lower, thx to the shopsystem