[CHANGE] Remove Magic

Hey there, welcome to the Metin2.SG forum, here you can find a lot of interesting stuff, why don't you register your account? It only takes a minute! Click on the "Forum Login or forum-register" button on the top-left corner!

Shoutbox

• EmyEmy

Plz dont close my thread! Discussion still open

• EmyEmy

Anyone in yellow start some drama, call chat is dead!

• EmyEmy

Suggestions

• [GA]Elspeth

Write a properly detailed Suggestion in the Suggestion Forum section, LozilkSG. The Shoutbox isn't a good place to discuss such stuff :P

• LozilkSG

+ Every chest/run would get an stabil value

• LozilkSG

I would appreciate a Dungeon system within the Dungeon Difficulty is set by the Amount of Player and the Difficulty Choosen Normal/Hard/mythic at the End every Participant gets a chest you would never have problems again to find people for runs

• EmyEmy

Aos Noob

• EmyEmy

whats after grizzly bear?

• [GA]Shadow

Server on

• mynamejeff

How long does the reboot last?

• EmyEmy

:crazy: :dash: :hi:

• EmyEmy

shut up

• PalitaGoblin

You cant ban me for that! I will spam harder

• EmyEmy

why this guy is not perm banned?

• EmyEmy

please ban this guy PalitaGoblin he spammed my wall

• PalitaGoblin

Good morning, have a good breakfast everyone

• iPhone5

[VIDEO] ASIAN vs HOWHIGH 08.11.2020

• EmyEmy

Open thread If you want

• dolguldor

So Shadow, should I open a new thread again on the same topic? Since the topic is closed i couldn't say my opinion.

• Nature2

@[GA]Shadow Can you tell us the purpose of the poly update ? Btw closing thread after thread to forbid players from talking about updates is a great step forward :thumbsup:

• :thumbsup:
  • :airborne:
  • :assaultrifle:
  • :banned:
  • :bday:
  • :beer:
  • :blackeye:
  • :borg:
  • :censored:
  • :chainsaw:
  • :chinese:
  • :chrome:
  • :cookie:
  • :crazy:
  • :dance:
  • :dash:
  • :dead:
  • :doofy:
  • :evilgrin:
  • :fie:
  • :gamer:
  • :golly:
  • :growup:
  • :grumble:
  • :hail:
  • :hi:
  • :hmm:
  • :huntsman:
  • :ill:
  • :lol:
  • :miffy:
  • :minigun:
  • :misslelauncher:
  • :modo:
  • :monster:
  • :ninja:
  • :nono:
  • :oops:
  • :pardon:
  • :phatgrin:
  • :pillepalle:
  • :pleasantry:
  • :popcorn:
  • :puke:
  • :pump:
  • :rocketlauncher:
  • :rofl:
  • santa
  • :search:
  • :shit:
  • :sniper:
  • :spiteful:
  • :stick:
  • :stopping:
  • :thinking:
  • :this:
  • :topicclosed:
  • :vain:
  • :wayne:
  • :wbb:
  • :werderw:
  • :xeno:
  • :zombie:
  • :)
  • :(
  • ;)
  • :P
  • ^^
  • :D
  • ;(
  • X(
  • :*
  • :|
  • 8o
  • =O
  • <X
  • ||
  • :/
  • :S
  • X/
  • 8)
  • ?(
  • :huh:
  • :rolleyes:
  • :love:
  • 8|
  • :cursing:
  • :thumbdown:
  • :thumbup:
  • :sleeping:
  • :whistling:
  • :evil:
  • :saint:
  • <3
  • :!:
  • :?:
  • Since skills are being worked on for the implementation of S/L skills, I thought about opening a discussion about remove magic.

I think all of us can agree that the skills is the most unfun thing to play against in this game:

• removes all skill buffs(and pots,crackers) except ROD
    • makes classes like BM,other mirage, body war etc very sad to play(both 1v1 or open pvp); you effectively never have your skills up in a NW for example.
    • it has a unique dmg type(debuff) thus can only be reduced by skill res
    • cooldown is very low and the duration of the debuff is loooong so you have permanent uptime on any target you want

I'm thinking instead of outright removing buff it should lower their effectiveness.

ex: at P it reduces the enemy's buff effectiveness by like 25 or 33%(Or whatever % is deemed appropiate.) This kinda keeps the same thematic but at least it doesn't just render your character useless.

Guess the name of the spell needs to be tweaked to smt like "Reduce Magic"

Additionally it would be nice if the damage type of the skill can be changed so class res would work vs it, that would be nice.

If the effect of the spell cannot be changed then at least dmg, cooldown, uptime etc should be looked into.

What do you think?

• Bad idea imo

U can resist remove easily down to 1,5k and u as body warrior will be still able to make dmg even without aos

-yes you can resist it down to 1.5, while all your other dmg skills deal less than half of that. Does that seem balanced to you?

-that's a bad argument imo. Of course you still do some dmg but the problem is that the skill just nullifies skills that pretty much define a class: aos and berserk for war, protection for BM, any mage buffs, all mirage buffs etc. The cooldown and duration of the effect means that you effectively never going to use those spells in any open pvp scenario.

• It only has 2/3 Chance to work.

It has kinda long animation time.

It doesn't do shit against both sins, mental warrior and heal mage.

Imo it's a really good example for the rock-paper-scissors principle

Weaponry Sura works well against some classes, but you can easily counter it with other classes.

• 2/3 is quite high
    animation is irrelevant in open pvp since it's ranged.

sins can't stealth or use swiftness, mental loses taichi which will prolly see more usage with the L skill update too, healer still loses the buffs but can at least cure it off.

the point is that everyone gets affected by it in open pvp: you lose pots, external buffs, crackers etc. The cooldown is and duration is low enough that you can target so many targets before the effect on the 1st target even wears off.

• -yes you can resist it down to 1.5, while all your other dmg skills deal less than half of that. Does that seem balanced to you?

-that's a bad argument imo. Of course you still do some dmg but the problem is that the skill just nullifies skills that pretty much define a class: aos and berserk for war, protection for BM, any mage buffs, all mirage buffs etc. The cooldown and duration of the effect means that you effectively never going to use those spells in any open pvp scenario.

- my skills or the skills of wep suras? If wep sura they make with another skills more then with remove. Even u said that remove should be resisted with sura res means it will be even less then 1.5k remove.

- clearly it affects every class even the wep sura it self, but in ur opinion a bm sura with buffs shouldn’t get removed. How U as body will kill him after all? A body warrior shouldn’t get removed so he should make constantly 4-5k hits(except against bm and wep suras with buffs ofc)? U count it as a good idea after all?

• Hello! From my point of view this idea is not so good, this skill make sura blade unique. This class have only 3x damage skills, if remove magic will be nerfed, sura blade will be a bit useless in pvp. Let’s wait until L skills will be added and see what special stat they will give, don’t hurry with this kind of suggestion for moment. I also wanted to make a suggestion like this and talk about all classes, but maybe L skills will balance them. Better idea is to ask Shadow about L skills special stats and discuss based on them.

• I already told this on another thread and i dislike to repeat myself on topics that should be obvious such as the respect for others. If you dislike the idea you can state why you do without the need to add personal insults or other comments driven by bias or hate towards who does the suggestion. If you don't like the idea but you don't know how to say it, just click the dislike button and it will have the same effect. What you cannot do, is insulting, flame, add useless answers, troll or give personal remarks to the thread starter.

From now on who does this, especially on the suggestion threads, will face severe punishment, like most of his/her items deleted from the game with no chance of recovery or his/her skills reseted.

We are creating the skills and so far the S icon looks much better than L. So instead of Legendary we are opting to call them Super or Supreme. The plan is to make 2 of the 6 skills have a special effect once they reach the S level, so far 8 are decided, or so. 8 are in brainstorming phase and as usual we would consider players suggestions, if they are done before the development and not after.

Thanks

• Hello! From my point of view this idea is not so good, this skill make sura blade unique. This class have only 3x damage skills, if remove magic will be nerfed, sura blade will be a bit useless in pvp. Let’s wait until L skills will be added and see what special stat they will give, don’t hurry with this kind of suggestion for moment. I also wanted to make a suggestion like this and talk about all classes, but maybe L skills will balance them. Better idea is to ask Shadow about L skills special stats and discuss based on them.

I decided to start the topic exactly because skills are the focus now.

I agree it makes it unique but I think it's impact in open pvp is a bit too high for how easy it is to pull off.

- clearly it affects every class even the wep sura it self, but in ur opinion a bm sura with buffs shouldn’t get removed. How U as body will kill him after all? A body warrior shouldn’t get removed so he should make constantly 4-5k hits(except against bm and wep suras with buffs ofc)? U count it as a good idea after all?

my idea is that remove reduces the effectiveness of buffs instead of outright removing them. Let's say it's ~50% reduction at P so this means BM protection goes down to 16.5%.

4-5k hits on the NW regulars? everyone has decent war res, it's like max 2-3k on the weaker players which becomes max 1-1.5k without AOS due to permanent dispel

Anyway it's just an idea and I definitely think the skill needs to be looked into, especially now when it will potentially get buffed even more by L skills.

HowCry strikes again. One of the most retarded suggestions made in this forum.

taking a page out of Luxuria's book I see. Thanks for your continued constructive criticism :)

• That’s why i said to wait an official answer, we should have an idea how S skill will be and discuss based on them. Also, we should to discuss about all classes, we need to know more opinions.

• That’s why i said to wait an official answer, we should have an idea how S skill will be and discuss based on them. Also, we should to discuss about all classes, we need to know more opinions.

as shadow stated, we need to start brainstorming now!, before they make definitive changes. The devs don't have much time to faff around.

• As far as I remember u can have 130%+ protect on bm sura, so 50% of 130% is 65% still quiet alot.

-Hit dmg I was talking about my self last raid was example on u 3k crit Pierce as mental, Rune it would be 3,5 and aos for sure 4K+ and sorry imo it’s a lot

• As far as I remember u can have 130%+ protect on bm sura, so 50% of 130% is 65% still quiet alot.

-Hit dmg I was talking about my self last raid was example on u 3k crit Pierce as mental, Rune it would be 3,5 and aos for sure 4K+ and sorry imo it’s a lot

the tooltip on BM's protection is wrong. it's always 33% reduction on all levels. the only thing that changes is that it doesn't consume SP on dmg taken anymore at P

• The plan is to make 2 of the 6 skills have a special effect once they reach the S level, so far 8 are decided, or so. 8 are in brainstorming phase and as usual we would consider players suggestions, if they are done before the development and not after.

Can you tell us which one are already done/decided and which one of them need to be decided yet? Should we post suggestions in this thread or make a new one/write on discord eventually?

• It seems like most of people think, that the effect of remove should not be changed. I disagree but not my point.

You guys want the debuff to keep its duration/cooldown so Suras dont become useless. This is alright with me, but the dmg component is what bothers me. The skill can do dmg, just not in a way where only skill res can lower its dmg. In my opinion, this game mechanic should not exist. Because of this Budokan gets dominated by suras in the high lvl categories.

Same with the 4. horse skill that ninjas get. It does 4x the dmg of every other skill when attacking on full res (just like remove) because only a single "kind" of resistance works against it. Tbh this skill should just get its dmg removed like all the other horse skills, and imo so should remove magic.

• It is better to create a new thread.

As for the skills at S:

1. Warriors

Berserk: Remove the suffered damage penalty

Aura of Sword: Increase pierce damage (not decided)

Taichi: Either a small chance to nullify skill damage or Second chance (when HP reach zero avoid death and recover X HP) - (not decided)

Penetration: Higher chance to get a critical hit (not decided)

2) Assassins

Stealth: Can be used while moving

Swiftness: Either damage boost or chance to block (not decided)

3) Suras

Dark Flame: Chance to set enemies on fire (not decided)

Dark Orb: Chance to ignore a % of enemy magic resistance

4) Mages

Enchant damage: Critical damage up (if 10% critical damage will be 2.2x the damage instead of 2x). Not decided if this effect should be mage exclusive or not

Dragon Blessing: Critical defense up (if 10% critical damage will be 1.8x the damage instead of 2x). Not decided if this effect should be mage exclusive or not

Dance with Wind: Either damage boost or chance to block (not decided)

Oh lets be clear. The one decided are up to debate as well if suggestions which we consider better than the one we picked comes. So consider this before filling the forum, discord and my PM with complains about class being overpowered or not cause just like with the rarity alchemist, we won't give a damn of someone's ego.

Thanks

• I will open a fresh thread for general discussions about this a bit later.

Just as a first reaction though: I'm highly against more block chance, it's already quite easy to get over 60%.