[CHANGE] Tanaka Hunt event - upgrade

Hey there, welcome to the Metin2.SG forum, here you can find a lot of interesting stuff, why don't you register your account? It only takes a minute! Click on the "Forum Login or forum-register" button on the top-left corner!

Shoutbox

• EmyEmy

:chainsaw: :assaultrifle: :pardon: :evilgrin: :fie: :gamer: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :nono: :ninja: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

• [GM]Elspeth

Neither are we planing to drag the current players from here to the other Server, nor are we planing to replace this one with another one. It wouldnt be online for 10 Years if we'd just replace it in a heartbeat.

• [GM]Elspeth

We have stated multiple times that we are not planing to replace anything. Thats why this is also the wrong place to discuss things about the second Server.

• Fivel

im just worried about playing on a server that might soon be "replaced" so to say. Is that so hard to comprehend? Many people think like that ingame, i thought this was the place to discuss it

• Fivel

relax it was just an idea, sorry for discussing things in a forum

• vvvvvv

I think your idea about the whole server doesn't really matter and you should let them mind their own business and let them work on their own project. Just wait till it's released and I'm pretty sure that you won't complain about it if they've decided to put so much effort into it.

• Fivel

I think the second server should be a "1 IP/oldschool" server that would be treated as a nice getaway from the main server. Something to play on the side, not abandoning the main server

• Fivel

Aren't you worried it's gonna drive the people that are currently playing on SG away from the main server?

• Fivel

So the new server will be handled as a seperate project? I thought it was an attempt to introduce people to the SG servers.

• EmyEmy

Bloody kids

• EmyEmy

Patience is virtue ! Just wait it will come omg

• [CoMa]Shadow

We are working on it daily and we already announced it will take some months, if waiting is a problem we understand, but we won't release it sooner just because some people cannot wait sorry

• [CoMa]Shadow

You have a lack of respect because we always answered your question, even today, we told you where you could get informations. 2 days ago i personaly told you the server 2 will have its own forum/website, so not sure what else you want more

• S3ke

so you`re saying i have lack of respect because i ask about YOUR server ? because i want to play YOUR server ?you are being a lil rude on almost every post recently.. lack of patience ? well you just lost another player then ...thank you.

• [CoMa]Shadow

We already provided the informations on the epvp thread, asking here every day is quite silly other than a lack of respect since we already kindly asked to not ask here

• S3ke

ok so where can i search information about it then ? this whole thing makes no sense ...its almost like you are hiding it from the people .....

• AnarchistPagan

Well, sure. Without a graphical improvement metin2 will never meet new players at metin2 in general. But the old players that are still playing metin (on all the existing servers) are more than enough to call it a dead game.

• [GM]Elspeth

The announcements of Server2 wont happen here so this is the wrong place to search for Information about it.

• S3ke

hey is that s2 still happening ? its been a while ...and nothing...

• EmyEmy

them* cant even edit!

• :thumbsup:
  • :airborne:
  • :assaultrifle:
  • :banned:
  • :bday:
  • :beer:
  • :blackeye:
  • :borg:
  • :censored:
  • :chainsaw:
  • :chinese:
  • :chrome:
  • :cookie:
  • :crazy:
  • :dance:
  • :dash:
  • :dead:
  • :doofy:
  • :evilgrin:
  • :fie:
  • :gamer:
  • :golly:
  • :growup:
  • :grumble:
  • :hail:
  • :hi:
  • :hmm:
  • :huntsman:
  • :ill:
  • :lol:
  • :miffy:
  • :minigun:
  • :misslelauncher:
  • :modo:
  • :monster:
  • :ninja:
  • :nono:
  • :oops:
  • :pardon:
  • :phatgrin:
  • :pillepalle:
  • :pleasantry:
  • :popcorn:
  • :puke:
  • :pump:
  • :rocketlauncher:
  • :rofl:
  • santa
  • :search:
  • :shit:
  • :sniper:
  • :spiteful:
  • :stick:
  • :stopping:
  • :thinking:
  • :this:
  • :topicclosed:
  • :vain:
  • :wayne:
  • :wbb:
  • :werderw:
  • :xeno:
  • :zombie:
  • :)
  • :(
  • ;)
  • :P
  • ^^
  • :D
  • ;(
  • X(
  • :*
  • :|
  • 8o
  • =O
  • <X
  • ||
  • :/
  • :S
  • X/
  • 8)
  • ?(
  • :huh:
  • :rolleyes:
  • :love:
  • 8|
  • :cursing:
  • :thumbdown:
  • :thumbup:
  • :sleeping:
  • :whistling:
  • :evil:
  • :saint:
  • <3
  • :!:
  • :?:
  • My suggestion is to upgrade a bit this event to do it more appealing to players.

How?

Well, in the first hour of this event, tanakas should drop the same amount of yang as when this event is combined with gold fever (I think is x3). This way it would be worth to go and kill like crazy these things and that way maybe the next day one doesnt need to see a desert full of tanakas because no one participated.

If x3 yang is too much, x2. But I dont think it's unbalanced. I once participated in a tanaka hunt + gold fever with my 92 and I did around 110kk in 1 hour (it was only 1 hour that combination). With vein spawn one do much more yang with soul crystals and like tanaka hunt is each 2 weeks. With metin spawn event I always do 150kk+ with red changers and with boss spawn one can do 100kk too.

Another thing I'd like to suggest (it's not really important, but well) is the possibility to pick up the yang from tanakas with third hand. But NOT the last batch of it, only the ones that gives you 80, 90, 100 yang.

• Each Tanaka drops 75.000 golds without counting boosters.

The gold calculation has its own formula. First there is the mingold and maxgold that every monster has, which in case of Tanaka is 75.000 for both. Then you apply the gold x2 bonus from item mall, which should turn the number to 150.000 more or less. Then there is the bonus applied to the gold bombs. Basically killing 1 Tanaka gave me around 281.000 golds at best and 250.000 golds at worse. When Gold Fever is in place, this 75.000 is multiplied by 4.

However every character has a hidden gold multiplier factor. Usually is x1, but 1/10 it becomes x2 and 1/400 it becomes x10.

This means that everytime you kill a Tanaka and you have item mall bonus, you get 250.000 golds, 1 times out of 10 you may get 500.000 golds and 1 time out of 400 you may get 5.000.000 golds.

The bonus chances to get double gold, lower by half the chances to trigger this hidden multiplier and having 100% turns that 10 in 5 and that 400 in 200.

On June 3rd, 8000 Tanakas were spawned. If you do the math using the lowest gold factor possible (which is statistically impossible to happen as with 8000 chances you will hit several times x2 and x10) you easily reach over 2 bilions.

Thats a lot of golds imo. I understand that some players might not have fun chasing tons of them around and pick up the golds but still there are around 100 tanakas left on the desert, which means 7900 got slayed and which means 2 bilions golds were injected on the server.

Raising the money per tanaka means to lower drastically their numbers too, which means many players won't hunt a tanaka and they will complain.

As for the gold bombs, they are considered an item, just like when you drop your own golds on the floor, this is why the third hand can't work on them.

• The bonus chances to get double gold, lower by half the chances to trigger this hidden multiplier and having 100% turns that 10 in 5 and that 400 in 200.

I don't see the problem. Those % are pretty low anyway, so very few people can enjoy those prizes. This way, most of players will won the same amount.

On June 3rd, 8000 Tanakas were spawned. If you do the math using the lowest gold factor possible (which is statistically impossible to happen as with 8000 chances you will hit several times x2 and x10) you easily reach over 2 bilions.

Thats a lot of golds imo. I understand that some players might not have fun chasing tons of them around and pick up the golds but still there are around 100 tanakas left on the desert, which means 7900 got slayed and which means 2 bilions golds were injected on the server.

2 billion is not really that much. I can earn around 35kk in a hour, so if all players do the same, 2 billion/35 = 57 players in a hour can kill all tanakas. But I never saw this happen, one can see tanakas 1 week after the event, full of them actually.

So that means that players are not interested in this event, because is boring and not really decently profitable (boring + few gains + wasted time).

At least with my suggestion it will be like this: boring + few gains + wasted time (the "boring part" will become gradually in "enjoyable" because earning money is enjoyable for most of people). And like I said with my examples, it's not something unbalanced and the event is each 2 weeks.

Raising the money per tanaka means to lower drastically their numbers too, which means many players won't hunt a tanaka and they will complain.

You can't activate gold fever only for tanakas somehow?

And if the answer is no, then my suggestion is to simply use gold fever + tanakas. I know it's two events in one, but gold fever I can't really consider it as a event, it's not really useful and out of ordinary in the daily life on metin. Still today I dont know if there is any place where you can do 30kk for example in 1 hour with this event.

What you said anyway can be done if my suggestion is not good. Like I said one can find tanakas in desert 1 week after the event, so with this reduction of their numbers can be a "solution" to encourage players to participate in this event.

With the reduction there will be 2000 tanakas. At least will be less boring because one will earn more in the same amount of time. And when players will see that the event is useful, more people will participate and with 50 players for example, killing 40 each one, in less than a hour the desert will be empty of tanakas. I like it as a second option if what I said can't be done.

I don't see the problem. Those % are pretty low anyway, so very few people can enjoy those prizes. This way, most of players will won the same amount.

No is not low at all. Is more common than you think, I am pretty sure that if you pay attention to the gold you pick you would see big numbers more times than you can imagine, expecially against enemies that drops gold bombs upon death, such as boss.

One Tanaka could potentialy give you 20.000.000 golds, meaning that with enough luck of dice, you would beat your farming incomes in 2 Tanakas.

2 billion is not really that much. I can earn around 35kk in a hour, so if all players do the same, 2 billion/35 = 57 players in a hour can kill all tanakas. But I never saw this happen, one can see tanakas 1 week after the event, full of them actually.

So that means that players are not interested in this event, because is boring and not really decently profitable (boring + few gains + wasted time).

At least with my suggestion it will be like this: boring + few gains + wasted time (the "boring part" will become gradually in "enjoyable" because earning money is enjoyable for most of people). And like I said with my examples, it's not something unbalanced and the event is each 2 weeks.

It is not a good comparison, you don't do 35 milions per hour in gold, you do drops that are worth 35 milions per hour that you have to sell to other people. while Tanaka gives you pure golds with zero costs in terms of booster / poly / etc, quite different. Also your math is completly made up, you are assuming every player would kill 140 tanakas in 1 hour when you just can't know this lol.

As i told you the Tanakas from 3 June were less than 100, but over 8000 were spawned. The server killed the other 7900, doesn't matter if some survived, even with 1000 Tanakas the map would lag so much that people would notice. What I am trying to say is that during the event most of them get killed, so it means that for some players is not as boring as you consider. After all someone's trash is someone else treasure.

You can't activate gold fever only for tanakas somehow?

And if the answer is no, then my suggestion is to simply use gold fever + tanakas. I know it's two events in one, but gold fever I can't really consider it as a event, it's not really useful and out of ordinary in the daily life on metin. Still today I dont know if there is any place where you can do 30kk for example in 1 hour with this event.

It is a decision up to Tary . Bare in mind that events are not meant to be a way to get rich without lifting a finger, they are made to entertain and break the normal game routine.

• Tanaka's on death gold bomb seems to be capped at 36.000 gold

The bombs seem to give 30-50 item drops (of those possible 36.000)

This won't come any close to those numbers, have I been doing something wrong in the event?

• Tanaka's on death gold bomb seems to be capped at 36.000 gold

The bombs seem to give 30-50 item drops (of those possible 36.000)

This won't come any close to those numbers, have I been doing something wrong in the event?=Its

Its because you are big noob.

• No is not low at all. Is more common than you think, I am pretty sure that if you pay attention to the gold you pick you would see big numbers more times than you can imagine, expecially against enemies that drops gold bombs upon death, such as boss.

One Tanaka could potentialy give you 20.000.000 golds, meaning that with enough luck of dice, you would beat your farming incomes in 2 Tanakas.

I participated in some tanaka hunt (6 at least) and in all of them I killed tanakas for at least 1 hour, and never I earned that quantity xd.

It is not a good comparison, you don't do 35 milions per hour in gold, you do drops that are worth 35 milions per hour that you have to sell to other people. while Tanaka gives you pure golds with zero costs in terms of booster / poly / etc, quite different. Also your math is completly made up, you are assuming every player would kill 140 tanakas in 1 hour when you just can't know this lol.

As i told you the Tanakas from 3 June were less than 100, but over 8000 were spawned. The server killed the other 7900, doesn't matter if some survived, even with 1000 Tanakas the map would lag so much that people would notice. What I am trying to say is that during the event most of them get killed, so it means that for some players is not as boring as you consider. After all someone's trash is someone else treasure.

Server is "old" so most of people are high lvl. Mid lvl are probably farmers of high lvl (one only need to see the hunter ranking), and a great % of low lvl (35-40) are probably farmers of high lvl again. This is based on what I saw from dt run event and what I see everyday. My point is that 35kk for 1 hour is not really an interesting amount considering that it's from an event which is each 2 weeks and comparing it with other events.

I didnt understand too much what you said here. Each event you spawn 8000 tanakas no? Why are you saying that 1000 tanakas is an amount enough to lag the map?

And yes, maybe sometimes someone is bored enough to go and kill tanakas, but most of time this dont happen. For example, I just wen to desert some minutes ago to see and surprise!, still full of tanakas. And last Monday was Vein Spawn, so Tanakas were the last week, it's almost 2 weeks and still there are many tanakas. And this is what happens most of time with this event.

It is a decision up to [SMOD]Tary. Bare in mind that events are not meant to be a way to get rich without lifting a finger, they are made to entertain and break the normal game routine.

Yeah, that's the point. I didnt explain too well myself. How are people going to break the normal game routine with tanakas event when this one is even more boring than the normal farming routine? I for example can enjoy at most 2-3 continuous hours farming moons and that's because I'm getting rich, so this at least it motivates you. Tanakas are much more boring.

Its quantity should be reduced (but with the same amount of yang spawned), I think its a better solution than the initial one I proposed.

I have some question btw if may I, how exactly work that probability/trigger? I mean, it's "established"? You said that 1/400 one can get 5kk. So are there 20 tanakas from the 8000 with 5kk? Or this is only a probability and you can trigger 25 tanakas with 5kk or 40, or 60, etc? Don't know if I explained myself very well.

I participated in some tanaka hunt (6 at least) and in all of them I killed tanakas for at least 1 hour, and never I earned that quantity xd.

As if you ever stop from playing to count the single amount of 20/40 different gold drops from each tanaka and check what was the total amount, right? :thinking:

Server is "old" so most of people are high lvl. Mid lvl are probably farmers of high lvl (one only need to see the hunter ranking), and a great % of low lvl (35-40) are probably farmers of high lvl again. This is based on what I saw from dt run event and what I see everyday. My point is that 35kk for 1 hour is not really an interesting amount considering that it's from an event which is each 2 weeks and comparing it with other events.

Yes but your personal experience with the game doesn't apply to all players. You may do 35 milions per hour, some may do 350 milions per hour while some might not even do 3 milions per hour. You can't make a math formula based on your own personal money gain, make up a number of players that in your opinion participate and make up their killing efficency per hour, it doesn't make any sense and doesn't prove much either.

I didnt understand too much what you said here. Each event you spawn 8000 tanakas no? Why are you saying that 1000 tanakas is an amount enough to lag the map?

And yes, maybe sometimes someone is bored enough to go and kill tanakas, but most of time this dont happen. For example, I just wen to desert some minutes ago to see and surprise!, still full of tanakas. And last Monday was Vein Spawn, so Tanakas were the last week, it's almost 2 weeks and still there are many tanakas. And this is what happens most of time with this event.

I believe it was obvious that 8000 are spawned in the course of the hour and not at once. The map would crash with 8000 monsters spawned at once, the game has a limit of 20 per second for this very reason. We can say the same for Metin Spawn, Boss Spawn and even Veins. The difference is that Veins expire, the other doesn't, but nobody kills everything at any "kill event". My point is simple, are there 5000 Tanakas left? Are there 3000 Tanakas left? 1000? no, they are much less, yet 8000 were spawned.

Yeah, that's the point. I didnt explain too well myself. How are people going to break the normal game routine with tanakas event when this one is even more boring than the normal farming routine? I for example can enjoy at most 2-3 continuous hours farming moons and that's because I'm getting rich, so this at least it motivates you. Tanakas are much more boring.

Its quantity should be reduced (but with the same amount of yang spawned), I think its a better solution than the initial one I proposed.

In my opinion if it is so boring it should be deleted and replaced with something else. No amount of golds would transform a boring event into a interesting one, unless you take this game as a job, that you have to do, but this kills our work to be honest, as we are here to give fun and not give players a sense of making the most amount of golds in the shortest amount of efforts, aka a job.

I have some question btw if may I, how exactly work that probability/trigger? I mean, it's "established"? You said that 1/400 one can get 5kk. So are there 20 tanakas from the 8000 with 5kk? Or this is only a probability and you can trigger 25 tanakas with 5kk or 40, or 60, etc? Don't know if I explained myself very well.

It works like tossing a coin, head, tail, or cut.