[CHANGE] We need CHINESE LANGUAGE

Hey there, welcome to the Metin2.SG forum, here you can find a lot of interesting stuff, why don't you register your account? It only takes a minute! Click on the "Forum Login or forum-register" button on the top-left corner!

Shoutbox

• Legano

If you need a challenge try s1. Not full of players but lots of fun

• vertical

guys how can i play server 2?

• Thoreau

Is anyone playing S1 or it's pretty over of S1?

• JohnWickTR

How long does maintenance take?

• wlochatybobr

hi got problem with patcher, just downloaded it from home page, and it freeze at 0.3% and exits. Any ideas what can be wrong? I've already exit antyvirus

• Hiumi

Celebiee did u evolve it? Do u have armed/military horsr?

• Celebiee

hey, when can i attack from my mount ?

• Hiumi

Desired sit and wait xD

• SiiiXxHD

Buy Stone of Evasion +6 pm me ingame or here...Ingame: SiiiXx

• SiiiXxHD

SONYKK's Shopbox? Is the person online? PM

• Degmond

You will have to suggest them

• Desired

Waiting for the same update like in server 2.

• cpt00

Iron plate +9 price ?

• perses

why patcher of new game he dnt dowloading

• perses

hello any ga gm

• [CoMa]Shadow

it works https://www.metin2sg.com/

• emsej2

homepage dont work?

• [CoMa]Shadow

It is always the 10% of the tec points you purchase, purchase not spend.

• Ken

hello guys, can somebody tells me how i get MP points?

• [SMOD]Tary

You can contact us via ticket: https://support.metin2sg.com or via email [email protected]

• :thumbsup:
  • :airborne:
  • :assaultrifle:
  • :banned:
  • :bday:
  • :beer:
  • :blackeye:
  • :borg:
  • :censored:
  • :chainsaw:
  • :chinese:
  • :chrome:
  • :cookie:
  • :crazy:
  • :dance:
  • :dash:
  • :dead:
  • :doofy:
  • :evilgrin:
  • :fie:
  • :gamer:
  • :golly:
  • :growup:
  • :grumble:
  • :hail:
  • :hi:
  • :hmm:
  • :huntsman:
  • :ill:
  • :lol:
  • :miffy:
  • :minigun:
  • :misslelauncher:
  • :modo:
  • :monster:
  • :ninja:
  • :nono:
  • :oops:
  • :pardon:
  • :phatgrin:
  • :pillepalle:
  • :pleasantry:
  • :popcorn:
  • :puke:
  • :pump:
  • :rocketlauncher:
  • :rofl:
  • santa
  • :search:
  • :shit:
  • :sniper:
  • :spiteful:
  • :stick:
  • :stopping:
  • :thinking:
  • :this:
  • :topicclosed:
  • :vain:
  • :wayne:
  • :wbb:
  • :werderw:
  • :xeno:
  • :zombie:
  • :)
  • :(
  • ;)
  • :P
  • ^^
  • :D
  • ;(
  • X(
  • :*
  • :|
  • 8o
  • =O
  • <X
  • ||
  • :/
  • :S
  • X/
  • 8)
  • ?(
  • :huh:
  • :rolleyes:
  • :love:
  • 8|
  • :cursing:
  • :thumbdown:
  • :thumbup:
  • :sleeping:
  • :whistling:
  • :evil:
  • :saint:
  • <3
  • :!:
  • :?:
  • CHINESE PLAYER

NOW Active:

samlam198

Tobyc

MetinFaker

pinknipples

JET9CHAMP

AragakiYui

motherfatherrr

Metinholic

HOLAND7

TheSamOldG (in nz)

SonSinBee

RokTakuP

RokLENGENT

RokAsian

PhTotY

RokEz

RokBB

Lazy

DrKillerBoss

Alexanderhk

MrsSignature

RokShoot2Q

hohoplay

LokLok

Iamduck

OneShotMan

RokWinD (in usa)

and some inactive:

alan14, KingLai, RokTT, KaleoC, IllegalVeil, HKsHapFos, BRKLYN, HKxChak, PatrickChuNG, StephenDouble, Ken126, jc1019, (take a break because not easy accept no-chinese) and more other chinese players i know not much.

before years, sg said we need more chinese players if we need chinese language, now its enough or more than half maybe (and tp-buyers also)

I heard that SG will prepare to update for adding Chinese language, is that true?

"I am not lost, I am on my way!"

• We already explained you why Chinese language won't be add ingame.

First of all none of us is Chinese, we could pay some external translator but we won't know if it will be a google translator work or a good work, even because the words of Metin2 are not really common daily words, such as Gnoll, Yamachon or whatever.

So we would need someone to whom we can interact daily to translate and is not a 10 minutes job. The last request to translate that we have got,, was to translate the game in Greek, some players offered to do it, but in the end was a disappointment as they ghosted as soon as we showed 10% of the files to translate. As far as I know you or any other players never proposed to translate, but only demanded the client translated.

The second reason and also most important is that the client can't support chinese character.

1a2797b354.png

I googled translate this but if we insert it on the client it would look like this

d66cc6cdc7.jpg

I doubt this is ok and you can't expect us to remove 8 language just to leave Chinese. I am not aware if there is a way to write in Chinese by using english alphabet, but unless there isn't, we can't do much about it.

I hope you understand now why your request cannot be granted.

• To represent Latin and Chinese character, UTF 8 could be used. However, don't know whether Metin2 allows using UTF-8 encoding.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UTF-8

• If you managed to play in English since start till now, you can simply continue like this.

There isn't my native language either, but I never complained about it. Playing in English client gives you chance to improve this language for good.

• To represent Latin and Chinese character, UTF 8 could be used. However, don't know whether Metin2 allows using UTF-8 encoding.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UTF-8

The client doesn't support UTF-8, this is why every local have its own encode.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_character_encoding

"English" : ["1252", "sg"],

"Italian" : ["1252", "it"],

"Spanish" : ["1252", "es"],

"Portuguese": ["1252", "pt"],

"German" : ["1252", "de"],

"Turkish" : ["1254", "tr"],

"Romanian" : ["852", "ro"],

"Polish" : ["1250", "pl"],

We currently support these encodes, but PL TR and Ro have some issues with certain letters such as:

Ă Î

which were just translated as A and I otherwise you would see gibberish in their place. In the case of Chinese, every letter becomes gibberish once encoded using chinese characters.

• it’s about the font not the encode

Tahoma codepages:

If we want to use chinese characters we have to find a font with chinese code page included in it.

Link: 939 codepage [Wikipedia]

UI_DEF_FONT_SMALL = "掉葡羹:9"

UI_DEF_FONT_LARGE = "掉葡羹:16"

UI_DEF_FONT = "掉葡羹:12"

from chinese Metin2 client

The post was edited 2 times, last by mfker ().

• If you managed to play in English since start till now, you can simply continue like this.

There isn't my native language either, but I never complained about it. Playing in English client gives you chance to improve this language for good.

What a great argument. He asked about this topic several times now, and it seems he is not asking for himself but his friends. Not every country teaches english in school and thinks it is as important. Even german players who are suppose to know english struggle when they did not set their game to german. Just because you never complained no one else is allowed to, right? Apparently not having chinese compromises their gameplay enough to complain about it. Take your useless opinion somewhere else and don't post meaningless stuff under suggestions and questions.

PS: learning englisch thrue metin2 is pretty much impossible. Writing with players maybe. But metin2 quest texts etc.? Not very likely.

• "we need this and this language bcs we are a lot of mallers" best reason in 2k19

The best reason a game developer would ever change anything is profit. So yes you are correct. If adding chinese language means they invest even more we all profit from this. Very complex concept but I think even you can understand this. And the list of players pretty long imo, so it is worth discussing.

• first stop spamming, second, grab a book and start learn.

PS: i convinced myself. Only 1 guy from your hole guild spend money here, so in game please don't come with arguments like : We all spend lots of REAL money, NO!you don't, we all know who spend money from your guild, dear entrepreneurs.

PS2: Stop killing server dude, for your own good, soon you gonna play along with your hole entrepreneurs guild.

Bye bye

• first stop spamming, second, grab a book and start learn.

PS: i convinced myself. Only 1 guy from your hole guild spend money here, so in game please don't come with arguments like : We all spend lots of REAL money, NO!you don't, we all know who spend money from your guild, dear entrepreneurs.

PS2: Stop killing server dude, for your own good, soon you gonna play along with your hole entrepreneurs guild.

Bye bye

1) make a bet? lol

2) who killing server? (u? who didnt spend $1 here?)

• But chinese=symbols so i dont get how 'font' helps with that?

Btw there are chinese metin 2 servers lets just copy from them :D

1) bro lets learn programming xd)

Shadow

To display both Chinese and English is possible.

If we want to display Chinese correctly, we have to use locale_newcibn or locale_cibn10,

In locale_game:

• You ignored everything i said. Our game is not translated only in english. There are 7 languages. We are not going to remove turk or romanian to make Chinese available.

• You ignored everything i said. Our game is not translated only in english. There are 7 languages. We are not going to remove turk or romanian to make Chinese available.

How about that:

[Bold text]:

http://www.zuga.net/articles/u…orted-by-the-font-tahoma/

We can "force" client codepage by using "@" sign

https://i.gyazo.com/ec41e2aa1321c4706977bf4fa5d08ee9.mp4

someone using tahoma in client and it doesn't have 939 codepage so he tested it on korean 949 one.

Also remember that the locale_game.txt and locale_interface.txt in locale must have chinese encoding

The post was edited 1 time, last by mfker ().

• Hi dear mfker ,

I appreciate your passion and your technical advices but, since we are already supporting seven different languages, don't you think that we should be already aware about how to manage encoding issues?

We decided to not support chinese language and this is not just for a technical problem. It's mainly a management issue that we cannot overcome at the moment.

I hope that you and the chinese community will understand this and will accept our apologies because this is our final decision.

I wish you a nice day and a good game experience.