Hey there, welcome to the Metin2.SG forum, here you can find a lot of interesting stuff, why don't you register your account? It only takes a minute! Click on the "Forum Login or forum-register" button on the top-left corner!

Shoutbox

• PaliPali

go play omg

• EmyEmy

Not bad, did not play metin for 5 days bi

• EmyEmy

Hiiiiiii

• Gzanu

mobile payment it`s avaible ?

• Pingu

heloo

• Hiumi

Only with white lion

• ShadowBlade

HeyHo @everyone is it possible to fight from a mount under level 35 ?

• LuxuriaGodOfPvM

I cant log to the game, someone else is having the same problem right now?

• Gzanu

hey yo, it`s about to open a new serve r?

• PrincePersia

shadow on?

• EmyEmy

Please Shadow add halloween items on mall i want my costumes and hats

• EmyEmy

no halloween stuffs on mall yet?

• PrincePersia

no fix?

• deathpool

bug fixes + halloween

• TheBestB

rebot and hallowen update

• PrincePersia

its rebot or update?

• TheBestB

Server reboot

• KAHRAMAN

we can't log in

• KAHRAMAN

Is the server off

• HadroxHUN

When can we expect the Halloween Event finally?

• :thumbsup:
  • :airborne:
  • :assaultrifle:
  • :banned:
  • :bday:
  • :beer:
  • :blackeye:
  • :borg:
  • :censored:
  • :chainsaw:
  • :chinese:
  • :chrome:
  • :cookie:
  • :crazy:
  • :dance:
  • :dash:
  • :dead:
  • :doofy:
  • :evilgrin:
  • :fie:
  • :gamer:
  • :golly:
  • :growup:
  • :grumble:
  • :hail:
  • :hi:
  • :hmm:
  • :huntsman:
  • :ill:
  • :lol:
  • :miffy:
  • :minigun:
  • :misslelauncher:
  • :modo:
  • :monster:
  • :ninja:
  • :nono:
  • :oops:
  • :pardon:
  • :phatgrin:
  • :pillepalle:
  • :pleasantry:
  • :popcorn:
  • :puke:
  • :pump:
  • :rocketlauncher:
  • :rofl:
  • santa
  • :search:
  • :shit:
  • :sniper:
  • :spiteful:
  • :stick:
  • :stopping:
  • :thinking:
  • :this:
  • :topicclosed:
  • :vain:
  • :wayne:
  • :wbb:
  • :werderw:
  • :xeno:
  • :zombie:
  • :)
  • :(
  • ;)
  • :P
  • ^^
  • :D
  • ;(
  • X(
  • :*
  • :|
  • 8o
  • =O
  • <X
  • ||
  • :/
  • :S
  • X/
  • 8)
  • ?(
  • :huh:
  • :rolleyes:
  • :love:
  • 8|
  • :cursing:
  • :thumbdown:
  • :thumbup:
  • :sleeping:
  • :whistling:
  • :evil:
  • :saint:
  • <3
  • :!:
  • :?:
  • Metin2 SG, the probability of opening a 2nd server - Overview

I maintain my opinion that opening a 2nd server is harmful for the old one and might be unsustainable itself, but this doesn't mean i wouldn't play if it opens. On the contrary, i would be compelled to choose the smallest mess.

The explanation is very simple: since the very first moment when the discussion about server2 started and the staff took it seriously, s1 went into an abrupt downhill because players started to put questions about the future of this server and consequently 2 situations occured:

➤firstly, the majority of the new players stopped playing because they would rather prefer a fresh new start in s2;

➤secondly, the majority of the old players became inactive because of 3 main reasons:

➢less new players => less market flow => less patience to sell and buy items in a dying market => less motivation to play

➢fear that s1 would close or die if s2 opens

➢less pvp activity due to the decrease of active players (someone would not fight against numerous opponents if he/she doesn't have enough support)

It must be noted that all these aspects are interrelated and they are creating a domino effect that affects both s1 and s2 supporters.

The most important thing that has to be understood is that these consequences can become irreversible if actions shall not be taken immediately.

The solutions that i am proposing are the following:

➤staff is the only responsible for the decisions and consequences and therefore it has to make a deep analysis on what is the flow rate of registrations for s2 compared to the decrease of players in s1 (make a graph for each category of players - old players that support s1, old that reject, new that support s2, new that enjoy playing s1 and reject s2, players that don't know about s2 poll, neutral players)

Obtaining precious information from these graphs should give staff the best possible instrument to make the correct decisions with regard to opening a s2 and wheter is sustainable or not.

➤the only way to revive s1 is

➢to speed the poll process and give a clear answer

➢to bring updates (new features, new items, new maps)

➢to send emails to the old players that became inactive and "sell them the product they want to buy"

Reviving s1 should be the top priority and the eventuality of opening s2 should come in a natural way and only if it has a strong sustainability potential.

We can learn from the past and analyze the update that removed class res and vs on items. I remember back then many people called me hater and selfish because i was against it and here we are today, with a dead market and the lowest player activity since this server opened. Most of the players which supported that update are not currently playing and the staff is struggling to diminish the downfall.

Learning from this, if something is to be done, it has to support the market in the long run, not only a caprice meant to caress an idea born from broken principles.

In the end, it's all about the market, if you don't keep the flow going, the decline is inevitable.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Nature2 ().

• yes please ...can we have some answers ? you guys left us in the dark here...and its been weeks or maybe months since the discussion about server 2 started...whats going on? why don`t you make it more public ? no official statement nothing...someone(not from the staff) posted a link on the forum ..and thats it...how do you guys expect to get enough people...registrations..etc like this ? A lot of people don`t even know about this...and most of us who checks forum everyday ..barely found out that there`s a voting website...

• To be fair, the discussion started 40 days ago, as possible option. We confirmed we would do it as long as we have a poll to test the market only after some days. We announced it would take around 15 days, which you all misinformed people as the creation of the website would take 15 days, which was not what we said, but its ok. After 18 days we published the Website on 7 April. When asked, we said we would like to see how it goes for 1 week and then some days to analyze the pool, read what you guys wrote on the suggestions etc.

So my question is, since is 14 today and only 7 days are passed, how exactly are we keeping people in the dark? How exactly have we not already provided answer?

As for the public part, we are trying to hire youtubers to advertise it, but they are either inactive due to vacation or not interested on making a single video as they do gameplay video only. We advertised it on some websites which have also a metin2 userbase, this is how "someone not from the team" could paste the link here.

As already stated is stupid to advertise a second server on our small userbase, we prefer to drag players who are not playing here already.

If you have suggestions on how to advertise the poll, be sure to write it as we appreciate it.

• I am sorry but the poll meant to be also for the playerbase you have already. The most simple think you could have done is to make the same announcement written in discord, here in forum also. Why is there a section for announcements here if you dont use it?

The facebook page also outdated.

• Opening a new server (which will be determined from the poll) its considered game news to other games and other metins servers.

Also the community of the first server must be informed in every platform and encourage to vote simple becasue they can also vote negative.

• The poll doesn't determine if the server will open or not. The registration does. So if they want to vote against it, all they have to do is nothing.

If the second server needs the registration of the players who are playing server 1 right now, then is not ok. And this is why we didn't advertise it here, but we are nice enough to let you talk about it thou.

• I understand that you want to get new users to the new server and I understand that you want to prevent server one from being desolated.

However, even if you deleted all posts concerning a second server, players of server one would get the information anyway, because its advertised it in the internet. I can't believe that you think it is possible to make a poll or open a new server without your existing community noticing that. So I wonder why not make it public in the forum and thereby avoid risking to alienate your community? That community which has been supporting you for a while and which is giving you the fundament to think about investing in a new server.

You have the email/ip addresses of the existing community. So you could have compared them with those of the poll. Then you would have seen how many new users are interested in a second server and whether the number justifies setting up a new one. This way you could have promoted the poll on this forum and you would still have a measure to see whether a new server acutally attracts new players.

• You know with your 7 posts here you have 5 different ips. Ips are dynamic and not a good source to determine who is a player. Players tends to register using different emails too, we have some players who use at least 3 different emails for their accounts.

We don't believe that we could create a poll in secret but we are not going to promote it HERE either. After all, players like yourself who wants a second server, told us that there are thousands of players waiting for a second server, you don't need the players from server 1 to build up the number.

Once again, the poll is to determine what contents the server will have and not to determine if the server will open.

• I registered also for the second server , and now i don't know if is a good idea or not xD . Maybe if it will be a drastic difference betwene those 2 , but will still drag some of the players from this server with the open of the s2 . And the player base is not flourishing to say the least . But we will see what will happen . :beer: And fix the feature of the Easter Event "Happy Easter " xD TX .

• Ips and emails are admittely not an ideal way to separate new users from old ones. But you could combine them with the timestamp, survey patterns, user name etc. to improve accucary somewhat. Im no expert for survey fraud analysis, but I think there are some solutions out there to cope with such sitiuations. I just say that because I believe that the community on this board could create much heat for your cause. I'd be very frank to them. Tell them the worst case would be maintaining two servers for the same number of players. Tell them that only a critical mass of new players would justifiy the risk of opening a new server and that only the number of new players matter for this decision. Incentivise recruting new players. This won't stop people from creating fake accounts, registering multiple times and distort your poll. Maybe this could be encountered by setting the treshhold of expected new users higher. But other users of the community might be enthused and will do the obvious promotion: They post the link of the poll on the Turkish, Romanian and German Gameforge forums faster than they can be deleted.

• Ips and emails are admittely not an ideal way to separate new users from old ones. But you could combine them with the timestamp, survey patterns, user name etc. to improve accucary somewhat. Im no expert for survey fraud analysis, but I think there are some solutions out there to cope with such sitiuations. I just say that because I believe that the community on this board could create much heat for your cause. I'd be very frank to them. Tell them the worst case would be maintaining two servers for the same number of players. Tell them that only a critical mass of new players would justifiy the risk of opening a new server and that only the number of new players matter for this decision. Incentivise recruting new players. This won't stop people from creating fake accounts, registering multiple times and distort your poll. Maybe this could be encountered by setting the treshhold of expected new users higher. But other users of the community might be enthused and will do the obvious promotion: They post the link of the poll on the Turkish, Romanian and German Gameforge forums faster than they can be deleted.

If you knew they are not an ideal way to separate new users why did you suggest it on your first post XD? I already explained that the server 2 should have its own numbers without the need to drag players from here. The poll is advertised elsewhere and this is how people could find it. Also when new people came here asking if the threads on other forums about a possible S2 were not false but accurate, they were bashed, labelled as multi accounts, etc. Not an ideal "heat" if you agree with me.

The suggestion you gave is pure nonsense, no offense, other than being unethical.