I think IP-block is detrimental to the game

Hey there, welcome to the Metin2.SG forum, here you can find a lot of interesting stuff, why don't you register your account? It only takes a minute! Click on the "Forum Login or forum-register" button on the top-left corner!

Shoutbox

• RwbyRose

Probably Rwby :P

• CaptainDrunk

who won the fish event ?

• [SMOD]Tary

You should have received an email to activate your account, Piotr Czuper

• Piotr Czuper

Hi maybe can I activate my account?

• MrSoon

Sura 64lv in PVM King Event - 10.11.2018 Check it out :) :assaultrifle:

• Mighty007

heh?

• Levioh

better provide those screenshots of you getting profit from that fms , tired of you being incompetent and calling other out when you have no idea of prices

• Levioh

nature instead of throwing mud at people face you better commit that 8-9 won on the fms just to show you how smart and quirky you are a

• A.O.S

jese bm god part 1

• Jese

The Best of BM

• MutenRoshiii

Eyes 300k tail 10k.

• Jan Nowak

Hello. How much cost spider eyes and scorpion tail ?

• EmyEmy

:D you need to wait they will be accepted

• iPsycho

Drunk 7d bann incoming

• CaptainDrunk

for real sins i got 1 day bann they ignore ? :D

• CaptainDrunk

i see Tary is in forum.. why it take so long when i used my ODINS i need my coins bro

• CaptainDrunk

is there any GM online ??

• [SMOD]Tary

Krylo, all the categories are explained in the PvM King thread

• Krylo

can someone tell me which are the categories of pvm kong event?

• Saft

Cosplay priceees xD

• :thumbsup:
  • :airborne:
  • :assaultrifle:
  • :banned:
  • :bday:
  • :beer:
  • :blackeye:
  • :borg:
  • :censored:
  • :chainsaw:
  • :chinese:
  • :chrome:
  • :cookie:
  • :crazy:
  • :dance:
  • :dash:
  • :dead:
  • :doofy:
  • :evilgrin:
  • :fie:
  • :gamer:
  • :golly:
  • :growup:
  • :grumble:
  • :hail:
  • :hi:
  • :hmm:
  • :huntsman:
  • :ill:
  • :lol:
  • :miffy:
  • :minigun:
  • :misslelauncher:
  • :modo:
  • :monster:
  • :ninja:
  • :nono:
  • :oops:
  • :pardon:
  • :phatgrin:
  • :pillepalle:
  • :pleasantry:
  • :popcorn:
  • :puke:
  • :pump:
  • :rocketlauncher:
  • :rofl:
  • santa
  • :search:
  • :shit:
  • :sniper:
  • :spiteful:
  • :stick:
  • :stopping:
  • :thinking:
  • :this:
  • :topicclosed:
  • :vain:
  • :wayne:
  • :wbb:
  • :werderw:
  • :xeno:
  • :zombie:
  • :)
  • :(
  • ;)
  • :P
  • ^^
  • :D
  • ;(
  • X(
  • :*
  • :|
  • 8o
  • =O
  • <X
  • ||
  • :/
  • :S
  • X/
  • 8)
  • ?(
  • :huh:
  • :rolleyes:
  • :love:
  • 8|
  • :cursing:
  • :thumbdown:
  • :thumbup:
  • :sleeping:
  • :whistling:
  • :evil:
  • :saint:
  • <3
  • :!:
  • :?:
  • Hello again, like the title says I really think ip-block does not have a place in a game like metin2. I understand you tried to encourage team-play to complete the runs but in reality it just meant that fewer runs will be made altogether. First of all the population of the server isn't really big(quite the opposite), secondly the playerbase is from across the globe and there are huge timezone differences hence people are having a really hard time finding common play hours.

This game is really not like any other MMORPG where you're restricted to 1 account online/IP where the core gameplay is adapted to that kind of design anyway.

So back to runs: most of the runs are really hard to do solo anyway, and even if you manage to solo it, that's really not the problem, the issue is the drop that ofcourse will have to be adapted a little but considering we have cooldowns for most runs even that shouldn't be much of an issue. Plagued Run could potentially impose a problem, but it's nothing that couldn't be adjusted.

TL;DR: IP-block is a band-aid fix that really hinders players from actually doing runs(they can't find partners and just log off or even quit altogether). If you want to promote team-play then just increase the difficulty of runs and adjust drop-rates;

• nearly all people think the same as you write here, but the Team will never change the IP-block.

there was allready so much threads about changing the IP-block and they allways said they will not change anything on it.:dash:

If you want to do runs, go and search a other server XDDDDD

:hi:
    Kingdom: Elgoria
    lSilvesterKINGl (Lv115 / WeaponSura)
    lSilvesterQUEENl (Lv 115 / Archer)
    BuffMausal (Lv 101 / DragonMage)

And ALL Characters in the Guild......GoAwayMyRoom.....(Kingdom: Elgoria) :shit:

REMOVE IP-BLOCK :banned:

• Never say never. But telling people to look for other servers is not really cool or allowed. Hope you bare responsability of this post of yours.

We actualy implemented a solo Orc Run for those who wants to solo. You gotta understand that solo doesn't mean using 2 or 3 characters of yours, it means solo, one, 1. :)

• Either give it the ork run treatment w/o nerfing the drop-rates too much(make it still worthwhile; this could be harder to balance) or just let people join with as many characters as they want(maybe just add a limit to how many can join).This is how metin was designed anyway(good or bad, it is how the majority of the playerbase learnt and played the game and stuck around with it) People who want to do it on their own will only bring the buffer char anyway, because there really isn't a point in bringing more.

• Actually the game was not born with multi account, the game forbid multi account. SG was a special case and you guys were spoiled in the wrong way. As a matter of fact you expect me or the rest of the team to fix the unbalance of certain classes, like mages, when actually the multi account is what ruins this class.

What is worthwhile? We appreciate suggestions but be more specific. What run you want to do solo and what rewards do you expect? Also what will other class different than yours, which doesn't have your same advantages in pvm, can do in your same situation?

• What I think would be a good solution is each dungeon would have its solo version but these adjustments would be made. Imagine doing hell run but solo, as with just 1 account. The difference would be you wouldn't drop anything but a "fragment" of flame key each time you kill the boss. Let's say you need 5 fragments to craft one flame key = 5 solo runs to get 1 key, mobs would have to be proportionally weaker, let's say 3-4 times weaker.

This way if you really wanted you could solo dungeons but you would need to complete them X times to get the drop. Same could be done with literally all drops in all the dungeons. Like each run you get a box fragment but you need X fragments to craft the box.

It would make everyone happy because having a chance to do runs solo is better than not having that chance at all + you would have to put extra time to make it worthwhile however, there are no longer problems like "I can't find party".

And I must admit, finding runs is hard here. There are people that have monopoly over some runs because nobody is doing them except XYZ people daily. This change would let everyone try and experience dungeons.

• Worthwhile as in you get something for the time investment(vague I know). Also, so far I know there wasn't any interdiction on multiaccounts in any official metin server and I played since like 2007.

And yea, totally agree: the game is very unbalanced at core, but even so people will play whatever class they enjoy the most and they will make another pvm character if need be or just NATURALLY start playing(doing runs etc) as a group.

You made the plagued run as an incentive to encourage people to include other mages than their own and assassins into their dungeon groups but the endresult was that only mages and sins are doing the run now(not necessarily bad).

And when I say solo, I mean that you as a player with limited free time, join the game and you want to do a run or two(whatever run) but you can't because your usual partnes or anyone suitable isn't online. After trying to find someone you give up and logg off. Again, this issues is more so accentuated on SG due to huge timezone differences and small player-base.

I'm sure you can come up with a solution to this, but my 2 cents is that ip-block is discouraging players to lvl-up or to play active.

What I think would be a good solution is each dungeon would have its solo version but these adjustments would be made. Imagine doing hell run but solo, as with just 1 account. The difference would be you wouldn't drop anything but a "fragment" of flame key each time you kill the boss. Let's say you need 5 fragments to craft one flame key = 5 solo runs to get 1 key, mobs would have to be proportionally weaker, let's say 3-4 times weaker.

There is no point on adding more lists to the crafting cube, it would be better if the drop rate is reduced rather than dropping shards. Of course this means that several runs will go without that precious flame key but the point is if the drop is too generous we get asked (or ordered :)) if they can't sell them on the market, because few players understand math of % and even fewer how the offer and demand works.

Worthwhile as in you get something for the time investment(vague I know)

Yes too vague and too generic. Weaker players may use a lot of buff items to solo the run and expect a proper reward for that use, without considering that 1) most if not all the buff items are given by us from our generos drop events and 2) just because you use buff items to solo it doesn't mean thats the only way to do it, there might be players with better items that can do the run without.

Also, so far I know there wasn't any interdiction on multiaccounts in any official metin server and I played since like 2007.

Gameforge servers forbid the multi account or even sharing for years. Not sure if it is the same now, but according to some new players is still a grey zone where sometimes is punished and some other times (i.e. shops) is not. It is super easy to block multiple clients on a machine or even blocking multiple connections from the same ip, so stating that the game was created with the multi account concept is simply incorrect.

And yea, totally agree: the game is very unbalanced at core, but even so people will play whatever class they enjoy the most and they will make another pvm character if need be or just NATURALLY start playing(doing runs etc) as a group.

No. Who has a mage and only a mage will suck it up, because as it is currently they need a mage as they can't use their own, but without the block they won't. And the player who use a mage won't just do any other pvm class, it will either do a sura or a warrior and not even both, either Body Warrior or Weapon Sura.

And when I say solo, I mean that you as a player with limited free time, join the game and you want to do a run or two(whatever run) but you can't because your usual partnes or anyone suitable isn't online. After trying to find someone you give up and logg off. Again, this issues is more so accentuated on SG due to huge timezone differences and small player-base.

Might be true, but I am sure that if for 1 week we put in those dungeon a rarity adder as drop, magically everyone will find a partner, faster than snapping your fingers. While I do believe that this is a problem for some, I also believe that several players exxagerate it.

I don't know if you recall the "farm with your main" rule. A rule that was set as a counter to keep the players that were joining the server after paying quite a lot for the ads. Seeing those players quit cause some level 120 was using 3-4 farmers at the same time to keep all the farming spots for himself was quite absurd, getting blamed for the lack of farming spot when the game has the same number of monsters since 2009, is quite idiotic too.

So we put this rule temporary, the feedback where obviously what you expected from who doesn't care of anybody except himself, something like "i enjoy playing with my 35 only, why can't I"? So we created a nice system where you drop goods based on your level, which is appropriate and also logical, who is higher get high tier items, who is low, lower ones. But like some kind of magic, those who loved to play with their 35, did not use their 35 anymore during the events and some had even the guts to complain that was not fair that they dropped less than high levels.

So you must understand our point, a nice community would have said something about it, but none open their mouth and fight for what was right. Cause in the end it seems nobody care to do a good server, they only care of the profit.,

• Suggestion: You could simply allow players to enter runs solo, keeping the IP-block for parties. The drops would stay the same but if you enter with a party of X people, the end boss will drop 1 chest per person, in which you have the flexibility to put any drops you want and adjust the rewards the best way you can (e.g You do an Hell Run in a party of 3 people, Yamachon will also drop 3x Yamachon Chests, 1 for each person). You can put also a different number of chests per person. I think this is very easy to implement and feasable. Besides that, doing a run with multiple people will make the run faster, so you already have that benefit for playing in group.

The only problem is that it will give an edge to weapon suras and body warriors, since they can do for example Hell Run on foot and tank and other classes such as mages are forced to poly to complete the run - and they cannot tank now in poly due to the absence of Blessing Spell. Solution: either implement a personal buffer pet that will only give you 20% buffs max (for dragon mages' function to still be relevant since they can reach 70%+ buffs) or lower the mobs difficulty. I prefer the pet :D

Solo dungeons? A metin2 server is also cool if you have the ability to farm non-stop, and if you cannot do dungeons solo at any time you log in, it loses that fun. If besides the solo option, you implement a timer with all the dungeons cooldowns, pvm fanatics (most of the server) will really spend a lot more time farming.

Greediness? This is simple, for the game to be fun it has to be competitive, and for it to be competitive you have to maximize your progress, and you do so by farming in the best way possible and earning the most gold possible. There are many greedy players yes, but that's not the point. People just want to develop the char and be top players and that's it.

Playing solo? There are already many opportunities for people to play together. In PvP situations people play together, in dungeons such as Plagued and Ice Run you are forced to play together, you can also implement the Meley dungeon which is a guild dungeon, etc. Moreover, people don't need to be close to each other in the game to "have fun". There's multiple ways to communicate and that's what's fun. "Playing together" is also talking to people while farming solo. Moreover, people that want to do everything together in the game already do that, with or without the IP-Block.

• Nice you banned my Accounts :rofl::rofl::rofl:

So sad, that you can not handle the truth about the server.:*

#DEADGAME

:hi:
    Kingdom: Elgoria
    lSilvesterKINGl (Lv115 / WeaponSura)
    lSilvesterQUEENl (Lv 115 / Archer)
    BuffMausal (Lv 101 / DragonMage)

And ALL Characters in the Guild......GoAwayMyRoom.....(Kingdom: Elgoria) :shit:

REMOVE IP-BLOCK :banned:

• Suggestion: You could simply allow players to enter runs solo, keeping the IP-block for parties. The drops would stay the same but if you enter with a party of X people, the end boss will drop 1 chest per person, in which you have the flexibility to put any drops you want and adjust the rewards the best way you can (e.g You do an Hell Run in a party of 3 people, Yamachon will also drop 3x Yamachon Chests, 1 for each person). You can put also a different number of chests per person. I think this is very easy to implement and feasable. Besides that, doing a run with multiple people will make the run faster, so you already have that benefit for playing in group.

sorry to interrupt but I think I tried to explain this some times ago in another thread, that if you do Solo you get 1 box, but if you do with 3 ppl it drops 3 box....that was meant to be for the IP block. Since you need to search players it would be a better way if you are 5 people in a run and it drops 5x the drop for the whole team instead of doing it 5x for each players. But it came out bad because people could of exploit it easily. Imagine you doing it solo with ur buffer, and you tell ur friends that are playing something else or doing something else, you just tell them to join and stay afk, and you get his drop cuz he didn't do anything. exploit? or not?

But regarding this IP block it has change the market a lot. Because you need 2+ IP to get a 1x Drop. If it was more drops regarding the party / IP, things would have been cheaper, people could afford flame keys, or whatever to keep it going.

But then everything would be selfish if you play alone.

I dunno if I am wrong or right, but just an opinion.

PS: since most upcoming games have battle royals(99% you know what it is and I bet you've played it), shadow u should try to make mt2sg the first server who ever can make a battle royal. And you can do everything easily as create a map. People Spawn, everyone enters naked, instead of falling metins, there will be equipments falling as sword, or armor or potions or whatever needs for pvp. Player can hide or do whatever, who ever dies get kicked or go spectate mode.

Just a stupid Idea..... xD

jVmsBV4.jpg

The post was edited 2 times, last by UnkoJP ().

• My suggestion wasn't that the drops would be solely the boss box, would be that the drops would stay exactly the same as right now, but additionally, in runs with a party, the boss would drop X boxes per player. So in a solo run, the boss would drop 0 additional boxes. In a run with 2-8 people, it would drop X boxes per person. These extra boxes wouldn't translate into double the profit, but less, they are just an incentive to do the run together. Doing the run in a party already has the advantage of finishing it faster, so wouldn't make any sense to also double the drop.

In my opinion, the exploit of putting a char inside afk is really not a big problem for the following reasons: 1) these additional boxes wouldn't be that valuable; 2) server has a small population that can be easily monitored and knows how strict the team is regarding exploits 3) the server needs a run reformulation urgently 4) let's be real, the runs we are talking about here are Hell Run, DC, Dragon, Plagued and Ice Run. 95%+ of runs made are an attacker + buffer - in which of these 5 runs is it strictly necessary for the buffer player to be 100% active? None. It may help a little in some phases that the buffer player is active, such as Hell Run's keys stage and metins stage, hitting and following on DC doors, but it's not strictly necessary. What I mean is that, the concept of "group runs" now is already an attacker and a buffer player who can be 90% of the time afk. So, in a sense, people are already exploiting runs like that. What would be nice to see would be a plagued run where you actually have 1 Assassin for eggs, 1 Sura/Warrior for tanking and a strong mage that also attacks. That's a fun run, and as of now the reward is not adequate for that to happen. If you put things into perspective, before the IP Block, 90-95% of people doing runs were active attackers, now 50-55% of people doing runs are active attackers ;) , and that's why the IP Block is bad in my opinion, forces you to be a passive buffer and the great majority of players to have fun like to play together as active attackers. And also as I said, "having fun by playing together" for 90% of people is not necessarily doing runs with friends where everyone can be an attacker, considering the way the game is designed and the late stage it is at. There's activities such as PvP which can be done together, and moreover the big part of the "fun" it's just communicating with other people.

Now, the case you mention is more extreme, is basically assuming that 2 or 3 more people just log a char inside the run and leave them there (reminds me of the "solo" meley dungeons that are supposed to be guild dungeons). Even though for the reasons I mentioned that's really not a big problem, you have some ways to regulate it, for example put the boxes dropping straight to the inventories of players that are on combat mode with the end boss and do at least X damage points. Even if the "afk" guys just play in the end boss stage, as they start attacking the end boss, that's still playing, that's still being a metin2 SG player. After all, I really don't see a lot of people even trying to do that and I think it's just taking things into extreme and not focusing on the main problem that is the state of the server itself.

• If the problem is finding people to do run, how could 1 box per player fix this? Sorry but if you can't enter because you can't make a party, even 100 box would be useless as reward.

The idea is to allow people to enter alone(includes own buffer maybe) and if the game detects only 1 IP then you'll get 1 box, but if you do it with a party of different players then each gets a box.

• If the problem is finding people to do run, how could 1 box per player fix this? Sorry but if you can't enter because you can't make a party, even 100 box would be useless as reward.

There needs to be a change. I constantly see people asking for partners in call chat... the result is always the same (no one wants to join them). What happens after that? They get bored and always say the following line: "I have nothing to do, can't find any partners, will log off".

Treat this suggestion more serious because the IP-block begins to affect the game in a negative way now that the server has so FEW players :)

If you remove the IP-block I am more than certain that people will come back because they will have SOMETHING TO DO... I know that you will need to make many adjustments with the drops for each and every dungeon but face it... more people are QUITTING nowadays and very few to none join.

Do not come at me with the following line: "That is not true.. i have statistics that say that there are more people joining the server than they are leaving". A lvl 35-60 new character is not a new player. They just come and leave after 2-3 months. More and more impactful players are leaving and we THE COMMUNITY do not care for each and every lvl 35 that joins because he has no impact in the game, drops a few green changers, maybe fishes and drops clams or 1 shiri once in a blue moon -> I understand that those things are also important but they will never ever reach high level to do DUNGEONS with them so they are useless for THIS SPECIFIC TOPIC.

I am sure that the IP-block idea was very great back in the day when the server was populated.. but the time has come when you can barely find people online and you expect us to find dungeon partners xD

This is just a suggestion so please think about it.. I know there will be A LOT of changes that need to be made and a lot of hard work but in my opinion the server is a almost dead so let us try to bring back some of those old players with some nice features! :)

• Please (for the 5th time) do not address me words i haven't spoken yet. It is legit to ask when players wants a change and they give different answers to the problem.

Why does people do not join those who ask for a party? Why does a level 30-60 quits after 2-3 months? Cause if every new players won't stay for long period of time, than is pointless to do any change.

Last but not least, i treat every thread where i reply in a serious way, otherwise i wouldn't reply at all.

• Sadly I must agree at least to some extent. I was trying to find a DC run partner for 3 days. I found one. Literally just one and he is not a available when I'm available so it doesn't even matter much.

I believe something should be done. I don't know what exactly because I haven't been thinking about it but my first thought is that runs require a buff. And with IP block you need someone to buff. In harder dungeons if you get JUST a buffer you will give up because if you need to to everything by yourself you will look for pvm mage which you can't find so easily and you end up with farming metins because by the time you find someone to make that dungeon you will farm more via metins than from that dungeon even if you find someone.

Another example is plagued run. At the moment it's 1 sin + 1 buffer that literally just buffs. I know it was intended to be done differently but apparently people don't want to.

Forcing people to a certain play style no matter what will discourage people. The population is low and nobody can't deny it. Like 1 month ago I made a guild. 71 people joined and they were playing, farming and stuff. Today NONE of them is online.

Runs are either too hard or inaccessible to most of the server to the point people don't even consider them as viable way of playing the game.

I'm not saying you should solo run and be showered in loot. Actually I would like runs that require full party to complete them.

The problem with SG is population. There is simply not enough people here and aspect of guild is lost because there are like 2-3 guilds that have some resemblance of team play.

Most of people play solo. Have guilds just to spend experience. You should embrace that fact instead of forcing certain play style that is currently not working as you intended.

How to solve it? I don't know. I believe my initial idea with shards is good. Why? Because you suggest pure rng. Sometimes you will make 10 runs and drop nothing and sometimes you will make 3 and drop each time.

Having shards of loot (like a box) would allow people to have clear progression path and they wouldn't have a feeling they waste their time because they did 5 runs and got nothing.

Clearly current way of things isn't working because apparently I'm not the only one that noticed the problem.