Defense (AC) Mechanisms

Hey there, welcome to the Metin2.SG forum, here you can find a lot of interesting stuff, why don't you register your account? It only takes a minute! Click on the "Forum Login or forum-register" button on the top-left corner!

Shoutbox

• KillerBambi

With Name Change Scroll, 8400 TP in item mall @Majdoline

• Majdoline Halawy

how can i change my name ? :p

• Majdoline Halawy

Hello :beer:

• DontBeScared

Any post about the birthday event?

• PrometheusX

well we said 13-14 gmt preferably and you didn't object xD

• [SMOD]Tary

Guys the event starts at 15:00 GMT as you know

• PrometheusX

TAAAAARRRRYYYYYY

• PrometheusX

we need you now :>

• PrometheusX

taryyyy :D

• PopPocho94

morning guys! happy saturday to all's

• SirPic

xD

• A.O.S

u want my number?

• [SMOD]Tary

The players can send me their numbers until Sunday midnight, so they are announced after that time

• DontBeScared

When will the forum lottery be anounced tary?

• [SMOD]Tary

I don't know :|

• iPsycho

make moon onn please

• [CoMa]Shadow

the forum is also part of the website...

• Acidic

ive tried two diff browsers

• Acidic

the website wont load shit for me

• H2SO3

buy 6 exorcism scroll

• :thumbsup:
  • :airborne:
  • :assaultrifle:
  • :banned:
  • :bday:
  • :beer:
  • :blackeye:
  • :borg:
  • :censored:
  • :chainsaw:
  • :chinese:
  • :chrome:
  • :cookie:
  • :crazy:
  • :dance:
  • :dash:
  • :dead:
  • :doofy:
  • :evilgrin:
  • :fie:
  • :gamer:
  • :golly:
  • :growup:
  • :grumble:
  • :hail:
  • :hi:
  • :hmm:
  • :huntsman:
  • :ill:
  • :lol:
  • :miffy:
  • :minigun:
  • :misslelauncher:
  • :modo:
  • :monster:
  • :ninja:
  • :nono:
  • :oops:
  • :pardon:
  • :phatgrin:
  • :pillepalle:
  • :pleasantry:
  • :popcorn:
  • :puke:
  • :pump:
  • :rocketlauncher:
  • :rofl:
  • santa
  • :search:
  • :shit:
  • :sniper:
  • :spiteful:
  • :stick:
  • :stopping:
  • :thinking:
  • :this:
  • :topicclosed:
  • :vain:
  • :wayne:
  • :wbb:
  • :werderw:
  • :xeno:
  • :zombie:
  • :)
  • :(
  • ;)
  • :P
  • ^^
  • :D
  • ;(
  • X(
  • :*
  • :|
  • 8o
  • =O
  • <X
  • ||
  • :/
  • :S
  • X/
  • 8)
  • ?(
  • :huh:
  • :rolleyes:
  • :love:
  • 8|
  • :cursing:
  • :thumbdown:
  • :thumbup:
  • :sleeping:
  • :whistling:
  • :evil:
  • :saint:
  • <3
  • :!:
  • :?:
  • Hello,

I am curious about the interaction between increased armor and damage reduction.

I used to remember with 850 AC i could solo any Cavern 2 room with no challenge and yet now with 900 AC i can barely whitstand the damage.. how is AC and damage reduction working these days?

And if i’m getting anything wrong, please enlighten me on the benefits of increasing armor and thanks in advance

• I remember that, in the old old Orc Maze, if I increased my AC by 300 with the earrings, the mages would do less damage. Same happens in 11th floor DT with ranged mobs and same happens in Heaven's lair with the Clerics/Magistrates. These are all monsters that do "magical damage", since increasing Magic Resistance % on the equipment also lowers their damage.

I believe this happens because more AC leads to more "MR" in the character window, which I suppose to be (a different) "Magic Resistance" - however it's a really strange stat, when I change Equipment it varies a lot and sometimes without making sense. But without a doubt, AC helps you lowering the damage from magical monsters, just try to use the 300 defence earrings while fighting any magical monster and see for yourself.

• Raising your AC also raise that Magic Defense status, which is not to be confused with Magic Resistance bonus on either 66 armours or some other items by rolling. The monsters can deal ranged physical damage or close combat magical damage, so certain monsters can shoot you stuff that seems magical, but is physical.

We haven't buffed the monsters, but since the last update the server is more responsive so it can register multiple damage from multiple mobs. It may be possibile that if you tanked 100 monsters at once, you could only receive the damage from 70 of them, now you receive from all 100 and hence you die. But this is not a buff, this is solving a bug, that wether it makes your game harder, was still a bug.

• The spiders in v2 deal the same amount of damage as before, there is no change, I went there to check. 845 AC is too little, 995 AC is more than enough.

Do you have at least 50 block physical attack on your items? Also, if you go for archers, chance to dodge arrows will help you.

• We haven't buffed the monsters, but since the last update the server is more responsive so it can register multiple damage from multiple mobs. It may be possibile that if you tanked 100 monsters at once, you could only receive the damage from 70 of them, now you receive from all 100 and hence you die. But this is not a buff, this is solving a bug, that wether it makes your game harder, was still a bug.

And, when will you solve the bug where a mage and assassin can't overall a certain attack speed or they start missing hits? Because if you solve about the monsters and not about the caracters, there is not a balance here xD (Maybe it sounds a bit offensive, but it's not the intention, i just want to say that there are certain bugs which must be solved too, not just for making harder)