is the server dying?

Hey there, welcome to the Metin2.SG forum, here you can find a lot of interesting stuff, why don't you register your account? It only takes a minute! Click on the "Forum Login or forum-register" button on the top-left corner!

Shoutbox

• EmyEmy

:cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :dash:

• [CoMa]Shadow

The first two bio quests are without cooldown since a couple of years. As for the text error we will correct it soon.

• L0lu

ah ok, ty for info :D

• Onyekuru

30-40 lvl bios dont have cooldown time

• L0lu

Which is not true from what I know

• L0lu

Also, there is a wrong description while using soul stone. It is said something like that "When your char lvl is 50 or above and you'll be killed by player from your kingdom, there is a chance of dropping items"

• L0lu

I mean I didn't have any cd between them, I just gave them 1 by 1.

• L0lu

Shadow Is it a normal thing that i gave to the Biologi 9 curse books in 1-2 minutes without using red monocle?

• sekzul

wtb a bws with certain rarity stats --> BUY BWS 5skres + xxx

• Snipas

wassup? :P

• Snipas

i saw it thanks, i have limited access to forum atm as im @ work xD

• [GM]Elspeth

Done. :)

• Snipas

Elspeth i need your help can you spare 5 minutes pls?

• PaliPali

||

• EmyEmy

You are right ;( :( :( :( ;(

• Onyekuru

christmas wont help an unhappy person

• EmyEmy

unhappy**

• EmyEmy

Dont be happy xd santa coming soon santa santa santa santa santa santa santa santa santa santa

• Radioactive

I'm so unhappy.because I'm thinking spend to much hour in game and I can't win anything :((((

• Radioactive

mary jane mary jane mary jane

• :thumbsup:
  • :airborne:
  • :assaultrifle:
  • :banned:
  • :bday:
  • :beer:
  • :blackeye:
  • :borg:
  • :censored:
  • :chainsaw:
  • :chinese:
  • :chrome:
  • :cookie:
  • :crazy:
  • :dance:
  • :dash:
  • :dead:
  • :doofy:
  • :evilgrin:
  • :fie:
  • :gamer:
  • :golly:
  • :growup:
  • :grumble:
  • :hail:
  • :hi:
  • :hmm:
  • :huntsman:
  • :ill:
  • :lol:
  • :miffy:
  • :minigun:
  • :misslelauncher:
  • :modo:
  • :monster:
  • :ninja:
  • :nono:
  • :oops:
  • :pardon:
  • :phatgrin:
  • :pillepalle:
  • :pleasantry:
  • :popcorn:
  • :puke:
  • :pump:
  • :rocketlauncher:
  • :rofl:
  • santa
  • :search:
  • :shit:
  • :sniper:
  • :spiteful:
  • :stick:
  • :stopping:
  • :thinking:
  • :this:
  • :topicclosed:
  • :vain:
  • :wayne:
  • :wbb:
  • :werderw:
  • :xeno:
  • :zombie:
  • :)
  • :(
  • ;)
  • :P
  • ^^
  • :D
  • ;(
  • X(
  • :*
  • :|
  • 8o
  • =O
  • <X
  • ||
  • :/
  • :S
  • X/
  • 8)
  • ?(
  • :huh:
  • :rolleyes:
  • :love:
  • 8|
  • :cursing:
  • :thumbdown:
  • :thumbup:
  • :sleeping:
  • :whistling:
  • :evil:
  • :saint:
  • <3
  • :!:
  • :?:
  • Nobody told you it couldn't be done, you were redirected to the rules, the part of the sharing at your own risk. Thats the whole story. Whatever assumptions you dragged, was done by you without our help, nobody lied to you. I gently asked you to stop twisting the meaning of my words or completly make them up for whatever reason.

• There isn't any version. I never said the server has no issues unless you show me proof. I could actually paste the chat logs of the shoutbox here, prove you wrong and then ban you for lying deliberately. Or you can simply admit you made all out before some players might actually believe your nonsense. Only then we can move on. Your choice.

• There's a lot of controversy in this thread. I'm don't know if the server is dying, but what I do know is that it won't hurt to advertise it. Advertising = more/new players in the community, which is never a bad thing.

• any time anyone has said anything to help out or give a suggestion to make the game better they get hushed and told that it's non sense. u dont understand how many times ive been told by people that one of the reasons they have left the game was because the game doesnt feel welcoming and are always treated like crap by a certain someone, and to some extent i understand that u have to be strict but there is a limit to how much people can be looked down on and disrespected before they just walk away and never come back.... also about the shoutbox you're literally asking me to name u half of my friends list in the game and when u said that i just face palmed and pretty much said ok forget it ur right im wrong.

• I think part of the reason GM's can be so mean is because they deal with idiots on a daily basis. It's just like the police. When they deal with 80% bad people, they expect the other 20% to be bad too, and make their own assumptions. The GM's have a hard job, so I don't blame them, but sometimes they could lighten up just a little. :D

• You see GMs mute people for 15 mins and that's unfriendly? That's a show of power? A 15 minutes mute?

Many times they give a warning and the guy just does it again right after trying to be funny " OK " " FINE" " SURE " . Really? You get that fair warning assuming you don't know the rules, after that you just provoke the GM and tbh I'd mute that for longer.

• The server is advertised, I already stated this. We spend a huge chunk of the incomes on google ads and even bing.

Most of the time someone gives suggestions, there is always that attitude that we should grant it no matter what, because they used their time to write a suggestion. It doesn't work like this. You use your time to write it yes, but we also use our time to read it and they are suggestions not commands. If we think is good for the game, we do it, otherwise we don't. Most of the times we like some part and dislike another and we come out creating something similiar but yet different.

We don't treat anybody like crap, but we are often insulted for player's mistakes in return.

also about the shoutbox you're literally asking me to name u half of my friends list in the game and when u said that i just face palmed and pretty much said ok forget it ur right im wrong.

You simply exxagerate like most players do and i asked you a list to run some checks, you didn't do it, facepalm or not was a friendly request which you did not grant, is cool, but doesn't authorize to spread lies or twist my words for the sake of it right?

When a player create a thread with a genuine concern and you create a rumor that one of the leading admin doesn't give a damn of the game when is not true or put words on his mouth which I never said, don't act like a victim if you are hushed and is called nonsense, because it is that.

RampageThirty5

I don't see what is your point, I understand you may dislike xSh4, but you got muted fairly as you are always constantly breaking call chat rules for no reason, with vulgar words, romanian language or insults. If the mute is such a big deal to you it means a suspension may be better, which is what will happen next time.

• There isn't any version. I never said the server has no issues unless you show me proof. I could actually paste the chat logs of the shoutbox here, prove you wrong and then ban you for lying deliberately. Or you can simply admit you made all out before some players might actually believe your nonsense. Only then we can move on. Your choice.

Wait, lying about what exactly? Lot of people in our guild left at 80-90. I'm not his lawyer but we talk about this all the time.

The server is advertised, I already stated this. We spend a huge chunk of the incomes on google ads and even bing.

Most of the time someone gives suggestions, there is always that attitude that we should grant it no matter what, because they used their time to write a suggestion. It doesn't work like this. You use your time to write it yes, but we also use our time to read it and they are suggestions not commands. If we think is good for the game, we do it, otherwise we don't. Most of the times we like some part and dislike another and we come out creating something similiar but yet different.

You know people can feel you didn't readed or even care about their suggestion, because if there's no feedback, people can't even know if you read it or anything. That's what most annoys me, because you take a longer time to implement all, but we truly care if you take our suggestion or not. I don't want you to do what I want to be implemented ingame, but to know if you readed anything I suggested, if it's useful at all. I won't do any more suggestions if you think they are so rude as commands.

• I already quoted what he did lie about, me saying that the server is fine unless you show me proof. I never said it, he distorced a simple friendly request of providing me some names of some of his friend who quits.

As for the suggestions, we stopped giving the feedback because of that attitude, cause everytime we explained why certain suggestions couldn't be done, or why it was not worth the effort due to being too much time consuming, we had aggro replies in return, that actually made look that suggestion as some sort of command. So from now on we just read it in silence and keep the decision to us. It will not cause any arguments and we can still keep in mind what some members of the community suggested.

If you are an active player, you could have noticed that suggestion like the colors on the rarity items was discarded at first because too much time consuming, but granted recently because we found a better, safer and fastest way to do it, which we ignored before. This means we always consider what you players write, even if we might not comment on the thread.

As for the timing of the updates, this is a small company with a small team, so we can't work in a light speed and things takes time. Still we created some quality update that noone has but many envy.

• Gonna leave my few cents here...

In spite of our different opinions and views I do agree with Vyenna here.

We have all indeed seen many players coming and leaving and one of the main reasons for leaving was the community (believe it or not).

Second one would be unrealistic and big expectations, meaning: players got spoiled/used to play P servers where they get everything over night.

As someone already mentioned, some major updates and changes made things way more easier for newcomers nowadays.

As for map2 farming:

Eventho I don't play actively as I used to I still log my nub to chill by farming metins and I must say that I am really surprised how map2 is empty lately.

The reason is probably Orc Maze.

Some farmers are still there but the difference is really visible or maybe that was just my luck.

So, once again, things are easier for newcomers than they were.

And now, regarding the staff part:

We all have our disagreements but let's be fair...

This server would surely be dead years ago if not for Shadow. Period.

He doesn't need to be loved nor praised by players but to do his job. Keep the server alive and running.

It is easy to be all friendly and nice with players but it takes balls to stay realistic and not manipulated by the players.

I respect that.

I keep saying this and gonna say it again: things aren't perfect but the server still has things to offer.

As someone who likes to read the forum I do remember that Shadow stated on several occasions that they do read all of the suggestions (some are taken into the consideration and some are not).

Mute and other things:

I got muted by [GM]Shhh which really surprised me since I like to troll and use profane words in Call Chat (never got muted for that before) but honestly... That mute made me laugh (my second mute in my entire metin life) but hey! I know I am not innocent.

As for others, like it or not: I do see some people trying to provoke GMs because in game it amuse them. I do that too. Mute marathon! :thumbsup:

But then coming here and bash them for being too strict it is just not fair, to be honest.

What I have seen so far: these two new GMs are friendly but also strict when things go too far which is a plus in my eyes.

As for this screen of shouting for someone with his full Romanian name... Come on, why would you do that? Isn't it easier to simply ask for him by his in game name without using space?

I see it as provocation.

Do you really expect a person to know all the names in all the languages? How can someone know if that is a sentence or a name in foreign language?

Put yourself in his shoes and tell me what would you think of this: Zove Mujo Fatu online?

Seriously...

God knows I can write novels but gonna stop here.

"Too many people miss the silver lining because they are expecting gold."

• do you want us to name all people who quitted? well, I'm one of those, my friends Bor and Llamarada left because of that, Coperta stopped playing, Etherial left, and there are someones I could not see when they left, Ethereo I saw him hardly, Ivg complains nobody being around, I can't make a larger list because I don't know how many people left the server and how many left the guild.

Community is harsh, forum is weeks empty, some bugs make me hit walls but I understand if you can't fix them, shopbox bug and amd one.

I get it about the suggestions, I don't get why they get in aggro mode about that knowing the circumstances you name in the last phrase, Anyway, I guess can't be helped, some answer for an idea taken or an idea of a update mentioned always makes my heart jump with joy and I do gladly wait for it without any rush.

For the last thing, again, I do understand it and fully accept the timing. I just wanna know sometimes what's in the oven.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lyetta: Error in quoting ().

• Which bugs makes you hit walls? Which shopbox bug?

If you noticed last week we fixed the guild ranking and the disconnection when you open the warehouse and walk away, even if many players never had any issues. We asked some players who actually disconnected and after the fix they no longer did. If you have other issues, report them.

The only current bug ingame that I am aware of is the magic attack bonus not working and is going to be fixed shortly.

If there are more, please report them.

We are currently working on the shoulder system and I mentioned this already some weeks ago.

• I'm glad you solved the werehouse bug which is the same of the shopbox (when you got far away from your own werehouse and shopbox crashes one).

The amd screen freeze and that one mentioned before, those were pretty annoying per se. Is the horseback mage attackspeed bug still going?

I'm glad that system is coming and I'm expecting it!

• There is nothing we can do for compatibility issues with some hardware. Thats out of our hands. As for the mage attack speed as far as i know is present in every server, so that too is quite complex, we tried to fix it in the past but without good results. We will look into it again, as we are currently looking on the remove magic lag, which we are optimistic it will be fixed for good.

• Players ask why metin population decreasing? Heres the answer its because they get ban for stupid reasons. Cmon ban players for using too much caps? Or idk they might start banning for speaking the truth. Stop being so grumpy chill in life. Let players have fun or metin2 wont exist. Focus on players who trying to cheat or using bots or hacking. If you find it too straightforward, im sorry for you.