I want to talk about two possible changes in this topic:
- Auction House/Search Item
What is Pseudo-Probability? It is a mechanism that makes events those have a probability to happen less random. Normally in the game, an event has the same probability to happen everytime, if I fail to put a stone (70%), the next time there will be the same chance of succes (30%). Now with the Pseudo-Probability when there an event is conditioned by the precedent tries, so an event has a modifier to his probability to happen that is determined by precedent fails or success, if more fails happen in a row the prob of success will be higher for every fail happened before, similarly if more success happen in a row the prob of fail will be higher for every success happened before. Moreover the modifiers accumulated will be reset when a different event will happen, so in the case of fails in a row this event would be a success and so on.
So let's make an example if I fail 10 times in a row to put an evasion stone +5, we decide that the modifier is additive (and for example 5%), the next time I will try to put a stone in the same armour there will be a chance of 30%+ 10*5% = 80% of success. In this case if the 11th try will be a success all the modifiers regarding that particular event (putting an evasion +5 in the same armour ) will be reset to zero. As you see with this kind of modifier the probability will be 100% after a finite number of tries.
*In the next section there will be a little of math, if you hate it skip this section until the @ *
Instead the modifier could be multiplicative in this case, with 1 fails the next try will have 30% + 3.5% (3.5 is the 5% of the chance of fail 70), with 2 fails the next try will have 30% + 3.5% + 3.325%, (3.325 is the 5% of the chance of fail in this case 66.5).
As you see with multiplicative modifier you will never reach 100% of success (asintotic).
I thought to apply this mechanism to metin when I failed 8 stones +5 in a row, I think this should never happen because a player could possibly leave the game after this frustrating event, but I love this game so I decided to propose this fix for these frustrating parts that we all hate (especially new players that don't see attraction in the game like old players like me, because they don't want to grind all day long).
Moreover I want to say explicitly that this mechanism could be applied to upgrades of equip parts but is not too necessary because there are many items that works well for those (i.e compass), instead in my opionion it should be applied to insertion of stones (upgrade of stones too why not) and would make the game more enjoyable that is what all we want.
For the skeptics, this mechanism can't be bypassed and used in favor of the player, like try to failing stones +0 +1 +2 more in a row to increase the chance of succes of a +5 stone, because ONLY +5 stones of the SAME type should influence another stone of that upgrade and that type. So only an evasion +5 should infuence the chance of success of a +5 evasion, if i fail a +2 dodge this event increases the chance of success of a +2 dodge not of a +5 eva and viceversa, neither a fail of a +5 dodge or +5 stone of magic should influence the chance of succes of an evasion +5 (because the stones could possibily have a different cost).
Ok now let's talk about the Auction House, this is a feature that implements the possibility of selling item in global market, and everyone can search items for sale just writing its name on a search bar, the system will show all people that is selling it on the auction house and will sort the prices.
Obviously this thing destroys the money earned by TEC points spended for shopbox, so why TEC should implements? Here it is a solution.
This system should work in this way, items for sale in shopboxs should be put by the server in the auction house at the same price, and this should be the only way to put items for sale in the auction house ( so you have to pay a shopbox to actually sell items in the auction house). Instead buying items from it should be completely free, and everyone should have the access to it. However items could be possibly put for sale with an Auction not just fixed price.
So as you see in this way it would just powerup the shopbox ( more shopbox bought)
If this is too complicated to implement or requires too effort, there is a solution, the "search item" could do the job, an item sold by the general store, that you can use it near the shops, right-clicking on it a window with a search bar will pop up, you write the name of the item that you want to search, and the item will point every shop that sells items with the name you searched with a quest arrow ( red arrows on NPCs used for quests)
So that's all, sorry for eventually grammatical errors. Let me know what you think.