Decreased avg dmg and magic res on armors

Hey there, welcome to the Metin2.SG forum, here you can find a lot of interesting stuff, why don't you register your account? It only takes a minute! Click on the "Forum Login or forum-register" button on the top-left corner!

Shoutbox

• Levioh

better provide those screenshots of you getting profit from that fms , tired of you being incompetent and calling other out when you have no idea of prices

• Levioh

nature instead of throwing mud at people face you better commit that 8-9 won on the fms just to show you how smart and quirky you are a

• A.O.S

jese bm god part 1

• Jese

The Best of BM

• MutenRoshiii

Eyes 300k tail 10k.

• Jan Nowak

Hello. How much cost spider eyes and scorpion tail ?

• EmyEmy

:D you need to wait they will be accepted

• iPsycho

Drunk 7d bann incoming

• CaptainDrunk

for real sins i got 1 day bann they ignore ? :D

• CaptainDrunk

i see Tary is in forum.. why it take so long when i used my ODINS i need my coins bro

• CaptainDrunk

is there any GM online ??

• [SMOD]Tary

Krylo, all the categories are explained in the PvM King thread

• Krylo

can someone tell me which are the categories of pvm kong event?

• Saft

Cosplay priceees xD

• [SMOD]Tary

Hey guys! You can already register for PvM King! PvM King Event (Sat, Nov 10th 2018, 2:00 pm - 8:00 pm) :rocketlauncher:

• EmyEmy

some have brains but unused xd rofl.........

• Thoreau

So they're supposed to baby sit you 24/7 because you can't use common sense? If you don't like it here just leave, they're doing their best.

• CaptainDrunk

MrSoon helped me.. thanks for no help ( GMS )

• MrSoon

killed or lured out of metins spot probably

• CaptainDrunk

great support ingame

• :thumbsup:
  • :airborne:
  • :assaultrifle:
  • :banned:
  • :bday:
  • :beer:
  • :blackeye:
  • :borg:
  • :censored:
  • :chainsaw:
  • :chinese:
  • :chrome:
  • :cookie:
  • :crazy:
  • :dance:
  • :dash:
  • :dead:
  • :doofy:
  • :evilgrin:
  • :fie:
  • :gamer:
  • :golly:
  • :growup:
  • :grumble:
  • :hail:
  • :hi:
  • :hmm:
  • :huntsman:
  • :ill:
  • :lol:
  • :miffy:
  • :minigun:
  • :misslelauncher:
  • :modo:
  • :monster:
  • :ninja:
  • :nono:
  • :oops:
  • :pardon:
  • :phatgrin:
  • :pillepalle:
  • :pleasantry:
  • :popcorn:
  • :puke:
  • :pump:
  • :rocketlauncher:
  • :rofl:
  • santa
  • :search:
  • :shit:
  • :sniper:
  • :spiteful:
  • :stick:
  • :stopping:
  • :thinking:
  • :this:
  • :topicclosed:
  • :vain:
  • :wayne:
  • :wbb:
  • :werderw:
  • :xeno:
  • :zombie:
  • :)
  • :(
  • ;)
  • :P
  • ^^
  • :D
  • ;(
  • X(
  • :*
  • :|
  • 8o
  • =O
  • <X
  • ||
  • :/
  • :S
  • X/
  • 8)
  • ?(
  • :huh:
  • :rolleyes:
  • :love:
  • 8|
  • :cursing:
  • :thumbdown:
  • :thumbup:
  • :sleeping:
  • :whistling:
  • :evil:
  • :saint:
  • <3
  • :!:
  • :?:
  • I would like to ask what was the point on decreasing the avg dmg and magic res on 86-100lvl armors. You are making us weaker but mobs stay with the same strength. I thought my self that u made this change duo new armors but they are actually the same. You add new map with really strong mobs and decrease our defense. We can not gain the avg dmg amd magic res u took from us from nowhere now. Plus bonus question why was this decreasing on the exp on the 12th floor. For 90-100lvl was hard enough to make nice items and go lvl up there fast and now with this -25% u leave these players no place for lvling. Thanks. @Shadow

• I just wanted to make a new thread and see, u already did one by yourself.

I tried a dt run, me lvl 92 with pendants and every potion you can think of.
    I had 1476 def, 80 undead.... Even with a lord gahansel pet
    I tried it together with another lvl 96 mirage. Who had less def but alot more vs.

[edit:] A buffer with 56,8 % buffs

Together we couldnt manage the 11th floor. 2 Mirages and almost 1500 def... dying in floor 11
    That should not be the case...
    The DT floor 10-12 was created, when there was a 300 def bio quest and much better armors.
    Since they are that many nerfs around these armors and bio quests, you should change the maps aswell.

If only lvl 105+ guys should do blue death runs, just change the level of these monsters to 105 aswell, without changing their strenght

• Nerfing is a constant part of any game, MMO or not, things are nerfed because we believe they were not balanced.

Once again the DT is meant to be done in party and not just you and your buffer. On this server we want team play and not solo play. A party can do that run without issues.

There are plenty of places to level up, you just need to see the rank list to notice there are at least 17 players who leveled up already, despite the update is only 9 days old.

• Well go with a team of 3-4 or more then and try like that? Don't try to solo everything...
    But I don't get the armor nerf either tbh

• I think you guys do something wrong.

I lvled up with body war from lvl 94 to 96 or so, using aqua armor with pvp stats and stones, after BIO was nerfed and i did around 30-40% exp / hour without the [ 25-50 % ] reward from NW. The only problems i had were getting DC, buffer revived in town and died a few times when switching to buffer cos of the lag.
    I can't understand how can weapon sura die with 1.5k def, so i will clear some things for you.

What you should use is :
    -mystic necklace with 10 dark res - hp + 10 crit ( faint can be good too but not mandatory )
    -ebony bracelet with hp + 20 undead + 15 magic + 10 abs to hp ( or similar )
    -any boots with hp + 10 crit ( faint not mandatory )
    -SCE 20 undead at least +6 with full agate
    -any shield +9 with 20 undead
    -lvl 80 helm mystic 5% mob with 20 undead + 15 magic
    -any armor with absorbed to hp and high def ( best is bone plate with def +6 mystic 8% restore but can be any decent armor )
    -a good poison 40+ dmg or at least close to 40 ( extra undead is always a plus )
    -baby gahnasel pet, hairstyle and costume vs monster
    -300 def pendant + exp ring 50%
    -exp package from item mall

For me, this worked pretty well as i could lvl up with around 1.2k - 1.3k def. When boosted to 1.4k def, tanking was a joke.

As you might think, i obviously used boosters when lvling with aqua in 11 floor ( dragon ATT + DEF, white liquids 100+def, the other liquids +70 def, sometimes green liquids too 8% 10% 12% ) .

So, i'm pretty sure you can't fail if you build your gear with full magic res, full dmg, absorbed to hp + hp restore, good def and hp. In my opinion, average res and chance to block are completely useless in there because only long range magic monsters dmg you. Close combat ones you always kill them fast or faint them so they don't make dmg.

Also, if you are weapon sura don't forget to boost attack speed to 200 at least and always focus on long range magic ones first. Oh, and don't try to tank full floor, it's always faster to tank half floor and kill them quickly ( less lag and magic mobs won't get to surround you ).

Hope this helps.

• Well go with a team of 3-4 or more then and try like that? Don't try to solo everything...But I don't get the armor nerf either tbh

We already tried as 3, i didnt solo. And WE dont get it.... :/

Maybe the nerf of the armors was just over the top.
    I can understand the point, that GM's want to create teamplay. But even that can't be done this way.
    I think we still have to find a golden mid. Not nerfing everything to the maximum and not beeing OP in the first place.

• Since we were 3 people and failed, i tell you what i used:

-Def Mount with 150 def
    -Poison +9 37 avg (the lvl 96 mirage had a poison with 42 avg 20 undead)
    -lvl 92 armor with stones +6 and of course 10 hp absorb
    -ee with full ores and 20 undead
    -htb +9 1,5k hp 20 undead 10 hp absorb 5 hp restore, full ores
    -scn 2k hp 10 crit 10 pierce 3 faint
    -phoenix 2k hp 10 crit 8 faint
    -lvl 60 helm, 20 undead 8 attack speed 5% mob
    -shield with 15 block 20 undead 8 average
    -AP and DEF Pendants
    -DEF Potion
    -Vitality Stone
    -Gahansel Pet
    -Dragon God Attack
    -Dragon God Def
    -And this Dragon Health thing....

• 2 things about DT 11th:

first is that you need some AC obviously but not the most important. as far as i remember the mobs that can hurt you more hit magic (and elemental?) damage. It's the flying ones farther away. The kicking ones die pretty fast so they don't hurt as much.
    Before the nerf, you needed the average damage resist from armor and shield, good magic resist, absorb to HP and preferably also, restore to HP since the closer mobs die fast and fill your HP meter. Add to that dragon god defence and ghanasel pet, and you are good to go. Also some good HP. Gets a bit tricky to do that floor with under 20k HP (i always had 24-25k minimum using 8avg EE socketed instead of SCE). As for versus the Undead, good average damage poison sword, ghanasel pet and that's enough.

Obviously you can't expect, unless you have awesome gear, to kill metin and room mobs same time. Use a bit of strategy.
    what worked for me playing just me and my wife when our gear wasn't good enough, is while she was killing metins (full PVM mage) i would be killing the flying mobs around (body warrior). This worked until we had gear that allowed us to be killing one metin each without worries. Still, before and after good gear, we would still die here and there, which is normal and not a big problem,it's a game after all. Also run sometimes to restore HP when spawned too many of those flying skulls.
    Don't know if that was the case but maybe you are trying to kill metins without killing the mobs around? That is a mistake now with the nerfs. After you kill first metin, the fat blue flying mobs die on first form and revive on second that hurt more. they will follow you to next metin, add that to the new mobs and you will die...and fast. Clear first all mobs from first metin and then go to next, and so on. Also, level up to 96 because the bio quest don't give much now but still give something. Try which bio set works better for your char/game play and go for it. In any online game i always found better HP overload but that works for the way i play, and what i want to do in a given game. Each player is different.

regarding your gear (and this is just my opinion as to how i play)
    -Def Mount with 150 def - wrong choice. use the AP or monster one.
    -lvl 92 armor with stones +6 and of course 10 hp absorb should be also 2k hp AC/Miss/Vita and average dmg res or restore (i prefer avg dmg res for that map).
    -ee with full ores and 20 undead - go for 8avg one to kill faster
    -htb +9 1,5k hp 20 undead 10 hp absorb 5 hp restore, full ores - go for WGB for higher HP (2.3k HP). WGB 5% restore is 20-30kk. as for stats go for 15 magic/20 undead/10 absb HP. Also with WGB you don't have to roll the HP stat. Crit is easy to get anyway, HTB not the best choice for that map.
    -phoenix 2k hp 10 crit 8 faint - you can go for 8 avg dmg res one.
    -lvl 60 helm, 20 undead 8 attack speed 5% mob. - roll for magic res and undead. no poison because of boss. Attack speed you can get from 2 stackable green pots + yellow liquid + rarity. many ways to get it
    -shield with 15 block 20 undead 8 average - Block only works for melee so only protects you from the mobs you actually kill fast, not the ones you should get protected from. you're sura, you need more INT or STR there than block
    keep using ghanasel pet, dragon god defense and attack, attack and defense pendants and i think you can do the run since you can survive a certain amount of mobs.

On a different note, the second thing about that map is that i don't think it is about group play. You can take 8 lvl 90s there and still not finish the run, if none of them can actually stay alive for 10 seconds.
    First times i went to 10th just to check how it was (before i made epic armor and bio) i couldn't stay alive for 5 seconds running way from the mobs.
    So, i don't see it as group play, because other 6 like me couldn't do it also. We would just die in group :) .
    i see it as someone having to be kind enough to let other players tag along, which is a different thing. Group play everyone helps and get their "hands dirty" which works fine for all other dungeons. Tag along is when you can't help in anything but someone just takes you along for the run.
    For me, 11th DT is a tag along map because of that. Or you can resist there and by using some strategy (which seems to be the case of swarti and his friend), you can do it with 2 players, or you can't do it even with 8.
    Other dungeons is more about how many you will need to kill the boss or what classes you need for a certain action needed to go through, 11th DT seems more about if you can resist the damage or not. As long as you can stay alive you can do it with gear/stats/strategy. If you can't, won't be a group like you that can save you, will be that one player that doesn't need you that lets you go with him/her.

also in that map, players experience more lag and disconnects. For my experience on that floor, i noticed that every time 4+ people were on 11th with us, me and my wife would get really big freezes, black screens, and DCs which we don't get on any other map, even tanking a room in Hell Run or big room in V3 with 4/5 chars on, on same room and same PC (Both our PCs are pretty decent and net bandwidth also above average).
    Comparing for example with V3, during event with lots of other players on same map, we can easily have 3 chars on same room, 1 shop on map 1 blues, cape big room minimal lag, no freezes.
    on 11th DT, 3 chars, different people, no problem. 4 chars different people, or more, heavy freeze and lag.
    I think someone from team can explain why this happens. I remember a thread where Shadow explained they had to remove flying flame mobs from hell run before implementation due to the extreme lags they were creating. Maybe some mob does same on 11th dt when more people are in there? No idea. Don't know how game mechanics work, just what i experience as player

By the way, as for EXP, it is still better there than triton map or HL2. Go for leveling when there is EXP bonus, use double exp ring instead of pendants, mall exp bonus and you can try roll extra EXP bonus stat and you'll exp good still.
    No point on trying new tree map in my opinion, because if you have problems on 11th, will be pretty harder to level on new map.

Cheerz

Yo ho ho and a bottle of Rum...

The post was edited 1 time, last by ThePirate ().

• Well you just answered your questions.
    Just get SCE +6 or more with full agate and work on magic res. You die because you have no magic res on bracelet and helm, trust me it will make huge difference. Actually magic res is the key to tank 11 floor.

One more remark, don't use vitality stone, it is pointless.
    And once again, don't lure all the mobs on floor, and if you go in a team of 3 should be easy..one or two killing metin, the other killing "archers".

• You guys actually helped me alot o.O I didnt know, that magic resis is that important on the 11th floor.
    Since it is about the magic resis, the aqua armor might even be the better choice?!
    #Anyways, i didnt mention magic resis in my gear since i thought it was pretty much useless :D. But well, i guess it has to be a new helmet then. Sce aswell, thats for sure. I think, that beeing lvl 96 and using fear works aswell, since the elemant monsters dont attack after they died the first time.

Iam having another issue now and that is about the armor. I actually understand the nerf of average resis. But the nerf of magic resis makes the pvm armor be weaker than the pvp armor, doesnt it? If u guys agree on that, there is a problem with the latest 3 armors.

-aqua armor: is good in pvm, due to its magic resis
    -pvm armor: has good def, but the amount of magic resis is missing. Well, it has a little avg dmg resis.
    -the new armor: has like no def and little magic resis. So this one is the weakest, isnt it? You don't need vs mobs if you can't tank them....

• @Swarti
    Well, and sorry if this sounds annoying, but it all depends on what you want to do and how you do it.
    for instance, i have different sets on main char depending what map/boss i want to kill. I don't know what will be the final stats on +9 new armor, but the vs monster will be perfect for bosses, for which you don't need that much AC or defense. Just magic res, HP, skill resist and all the attack damage you can get your hands on.
    Loosing 15% magic res is alot, true, but you can compensate with high % green liquid, rolling your gear for 15% magic res stat and what i also find useful is the agility fish that increases your MR. as for the AC, test without the pendants and white liquid, if you can't survive anything, use one of them or try different % liquids. See what is the value that lets you resist or not the mobs long enough to make the floor and leave it at at that. No extra AC needed

Like Nature2 said, the trick is magic resistance. you only need AC to a certain point because i never felt it was that useful pumped up AC value for long range magic attacks. Don't know if here is also more AC = Higher chance to get pierced. Would be nice if someone from team could confirm that information :)

i still prefer the pvm armor because you have the needed AC + good average dmg resistance + some magic resist.
    aqua even if it had more magic resist (was nerfed also so i don't know the value now, but was 10% lower on +9 than pvm armor), also has lower AC and no avg dmg resistance.
    as for the new armor, only after we see how much stats increase, we can see if better for everything or just for some parts of game

Cheerz

Yo ho ho and a bottle of Rum...

• Nerfing is a constant part of any game, MMO or not, things are nerfed because we believe they were not balanced.

Once again the DT is meant to be done in party and not just you and your buffer. On this server we want team play and not solo play. A party can do that run without issues.

There are plenty of places to level up, you just need to see the rank list to notice there are at least 17 players who leveled up already, despite the update is only 9 days old.

I love metin2 and i dont want to panic anyone but this server is not going to good. I cant say 100% but these 17 players are probably 105lvl + and they are all mallers. I start to think the game soon will be with only these 17 players who pay2win and they are oke with everything. Also i think attaching ss+6 to armor is bugged. I lost 2 weeks and 1kkk+ to attach to my armor. Anyway. Think abotut this

• I love metin2 and i dont want to panic anyone but this server is not going to good. I cant say 100% but these 17 players are probably 105lvl + and they are all mallers. I start to think the game soon will be with only these 17 players who pay2win and they are oke with everything. Also i think attaching ss+6 to armor is bugged. I lost 2 weeks and 1kkk+ to attach to my armor. Anyway. Think abotut this

There are so many wrong claims on this post that I don't even know where to start :)

The server is going good, if you have issues attaching a stone +6, attach a stone +5 or lower. Is not everything a bug just because you can't succed as they are not all mallers just because they level up :)

• Man im mental warrior and im levelling in 11th floor since lv 86 now lv 93, from 86 from 93 it s like 1h each level but now at lv 93 i make like 20%exp in 1h.. idk why but okay..

I spent a lots of gold to make my equip to tank good in 11th floor, with full eq i got:

1700 +-def

62 res magic

full 8 avg res

full block

and near 8 restore HP

I understood that the most important stats to tank good are res magic and def ( near 1500 is okay ), but if you got less than 60 res magic i die instantly..