Metin2 SG Basics for Beginners

Hey there, welcome to the Metin2.SG forum, here you can find a lot of interesting stuff, why don't you register your account? It only takes a minute! Click on the "Forum Login or forum-register" button on the top-left corner!

Shoutbox

• PaliPali

pfft shoo

• EmyEmy

Forum Lottery should be posted on Tary's wall not here on shoutbox

• PaliPali

03 17 25 38 49 + 04 06

• Jinxie

So Tary.. Any news ? xd about anniversary event or anything

• EmyEmy

2018 anni event was on 5oc to 14th oct so it will be around oct i think

• EmyEmy

Anniversary event i think yes ofc why not oo

• Hiumi

Will we have any event for anniversary?

• Legano

If you need a challenge try s1. Not full of players but lots of fun

• vertical

guys how can i play server 2?

• Thoreau

Is anyone playing S1 or it's pretty over of S1?

• JohnWickTR

How long does maintenance take?

• wlochatybobr

hi got problem with patcher, just downloaded it from home page, and it freeze at 0.3% and exits. Any ideas what can be wrong? I've already exit antyvirus

• Hiumi

Celebiee did u evolve it? Do u have armed/military horsr?

• Celebiee

hey, when can i attack from my mount ?

• Hiumi

Desired sit and wait xD

• SiiiXxHD

Buy Stone of Evasion +6 pm me ingame or here...Ingame: SiiiXx

• SiiiXxHD

SONYKK's Shopbox? Is the person online? PM

• Degmond

You will have to suggest them

• Desired

Waiting for the same update like in server 2.

• cpt00

Iron plate +9 price ?

• :thumbsup:
  • :airborne:
  • :assaultrifle:
  • :banned:
  • :bday:
  • :beer:
  • :blackeye:
  • :borg:
  • :censored:
  • :chainsaw:
  • :chinese:
  • :chrome:
  • :cookie:
  • :crazy:
  • :dance:
  • :dash:
  • :dead:
  • :doofy:
  • :evilgrin:
  • :fie:
  • :gamer:
  • :golly:
  • :growup:
  • :grumble:
  • :hail:
  • :hi:
  • :hmm:
  • :huntsman:
  • :ill:
  • :lol:
  • :miffy:
  • :minigun:
  • :misslelauncher:
  • :modo:
  • :monster:
  • :ninja:
  • :nono:
  • :oops:
  • :pardon:
  • :phatgrin:
  • :pillepalle:
  • :pleasantry:
  • :popcorn:
  • :puke:
  • :pump:
  • :rocketlauncher:
  • :rofl:
  • santa
  • :search:
  • :shit:
  • :sniper:
  • :spiteful:
  • :stick:
  • :stopping:
  • :thinking:
  • :this:
  • :topicclosed:
  • :vain:
  • :wayne:
  • :wbb:
  • :werderw:
  • :xeno:
  • :zombie:
  • :)
  • :(
  • ;)
  • :P
  • ^^
  • :D
  • ;(
  • X(
  • :*
  • :|
  • 8o
  • =O
  • <X
  • ||
  • :/
  • :S
  • X/
  • 8)
  • ?(
  • :huh:
  • :rolleyes:
  • :love:
  • 8|
  • :cursing:
  • :thumbdown:
  • :thumbup:
  • :sleeping:
  • :whistling:
  • :evil:
  • :saint:
  • <3
  • :!:
  • :?:
  • I never heard of poly marbles crafting before can you explain that more in detail?

Thanks in advance =)

• Basically all you need to know is to check out Baek-Go in M1 dialog option "Making potions?" and scroll down. You will find different kind of poly marbles and what items you need to create them.

• Basically all you need to know is to check out Baek-Go in M1 dialog option "Making potions?" and scroll down. You will find different kind of poly marbles and what items you need to create them.

Okay cool that was the information i was looking for.

Thanks a lot!

• Farming Spider Eyes in desert - my favourite places. The marked spots in the map show the dominant type of drop, either spider eyes or spider web, but they both drop.

In about 2 hours, with a 2 hours glove and a lv 25 character (i like to use body warrior) the shop will look like this :

I tried it myself and it really works.

After 2 hours of farming i got this items:

Thanks a lot!

• Rise and Fall in Population on SG Server

Time has come for a new post in this thread. Forum software claims this thread is obsolete. I don't think it is the case. What I will do here today is presenting the models I work with in order to predict the activity in the server. Second part will consist in a set of suggestions adressed to both players and Team to improve the quality of the game.

I spent five years on this server with good and bad days. I have seen the population rise and fall twice, first in summer 2016 and then a steady decline this year. Opening of 2nd server appears to seal the fate of SG server, with very few players still here while there the numbers are in the hundreds. There is now only 1/5 the shops there used to be and at peak hours the population of both kingdoms has an estimated "huge" number of 30 players. Dead Call chat and empty maps, plenty of room to farm and booming sales.

First model I want to describe is the Greed Model. Players are aiming for state of the art items to farm faster, better and solo if possible, thus getting the max rewards for their investment. Over time it creates a huge gap between old and new players and it takes to the elimination of the latter from game. I will give as example Orc Maze at two different moments in time in SG server and Orc Maze in SG2Global. At its creation in SG server in 2015 Orc Maze had the requirement to run into the maze full with mobs, kill the bosses and get the green adder and changers (that was the only source for them). It was later changed into killing all its mobs before advancing through the maze and for a while now, mobs have been nerfed and drops improved. Needless to say we, players, contributed big time into the elimination of competition from the server, by farming the run solo and increasing the price of green adders and changers to the point beginners were not able to buy them in any way. No items=no play. In SG2Global Orc Maze runs were the main activity in the first days after the opening and now, as the model predicts, not so much.

About second model I spoke in the past, it has a dedicated post in this thread on page one. It is the PvP Model. This one states players are seeking the power to dominate over other players, forcing them away from the best farming spots. PvP players don't fight among themselves, they fight against weaker players. Probably the best example is the opening of SG2Global, those potential players back in March stated they don't want to stick around dinosaurs like me, to get killed and play in an old server with sharks lurking at every corner. Little they know the sharks are now playing SG2Global, doing business as usual.

Last one is the Supply and Demand Model. Prices in the market will continue to rise, what is cheap will be bought and sold again for more money, until it reaches the point nobody will be willing to buy it. If you take into account the gold drop from Plagued Run and Erebus Run, there is a lot of potential to keep the scamming for a long time. I am sure new players are happy af to pay 60kk for a white pearl or 105kk for an odin.

The combination of these models help me predict the activity in this server with a success rate of 70%. The migration of players from here to SG2Global was something I was expecting. Now I have to farm more and sell cheaper and after 2 weeks of almost nobody online, my sales are booming. Of course, there is no PvP but this is not something to get me worried. I have learned over the years that players will go to great lenghts to avoid building any PvP items.

This game is a set of tools players have at their disposal to spend some time. It is the way players use these tools that drive new players away from SG server, not the quality and quantity of updates.

Remaining players should farm more and sell cheaper if they want to see new players around. Metin2 is a game and not a capitalist society, stop doing here what you see around the world.

SG Team should analyse the balance between requirement for items and quantity of drops in all maps. Removal of most drops from mobs because players couldn't see what they were farming is something I would like to be reversed. In the same way, the chance to drop higher tier stones from metins should be the same, not higher for high lv metins. If you place too much power in the hands of high lv players, they will wreck the game. In the same way, remove the gold drop from Plagued Run and replace it with clams and completly remove gold drop from Erebus.

If you managed to read until the end and you are like wtf, WTF indeed. I spent 2 years working to understand these models at my best. I constatly adjusted my game play and my way of understanding the game. My conclusion: there is no possibility to develop a server if players are not constrained in a way they don't use the power and their knowledge to ruin every single update, patch and fix.

Kind Regards,

Vyenna

• clams from plague run? bad idea, there are many ways to get clam

adding clams instead of gold at plague would make plague run useles as orc maze nowadays, noone go orc mazy to farm green changer anymore because they can kill metin and who will do full plague eq for farm clams inside

• jureczek Farming gold is the problem, not the clams or the drop in itself. Players like you and me can complete the run very easy and get our hands on lots of gold, which is increasing our purchasing power. This will lead to major increase in prices for certain items such as TP and pearls to the point new players will not afford to play anymore.

I put clams as example because I am interested in a drop in price to a max of 5kk and a flood in the market with pearls from opening the clams, to cut the price in half. I don't know any new player who can afford to upgrade armour, boots, helmet or earrings at the current price the clams have. If you want to have players around, you as old player have to work in ways to stabilize the market. I can't say for sure new players will find the server more attractive if they find stuff they need at affordable prices. The way we are now is not very encouraging, I would not start on a server I can't develop my chars easy enough.

You may not like the idea to see gold removed and I can understand it. I don't have much hope to see any suggestion applied, even in a modified form. But I want a fair answer to the following question: farming mechanics is the same and the drop rate good/very good. Why have the prices doubled in the last 12 months?

• Vyena yes, you right. Its huge money when we compare new players and gold from plague dungeon. But I think it isnt reason why people dont want start this server. In my opinion server doesnt offer new things wchich are at other metins in 2019. If people dont play at Metin2 Gameforge, they choose private servers of their countries wchich offer almost same new systems at GF with other changes.

• idc bout the gold :| it's something i've always thrown away, I care about upgrade materials and utility items, gold drops everywhere and prices tend to adjust to even if items sells for very little.

Gold dropping in a dungeon just means im giving up on farming materials since I can simply farm all the gold there and sit in town then buy all the odins and materials a few others farm and inflate the market even more. I even saw ppl bragging on how they did plague 10+ times in a day while overpricing everything then complaining polymarbles are too expensive :censored:

I loved the 1st boss in orc maze, he dies and a fountain of upgrade materials shows up, would love the same in plague including clams/pearls in some way. I rather see that than a bunch of gold bars

Ochao looked pretty rewarding in the terms of utility items and yet I was flabbergasted by the amount of items that get left behind because they aren't worth picking up for high levels and yet super useful for the lower level ones

• the servers go in different ways, that wont happen in this. hopefully also apply those changes here but personally i think this wont happen.

Ofcourse some of the changes wont be applied here.

The pearls were added to those bosses because that server does not have pearls in the Item mall nor does it have the lv 100-120 content to drop pearls from the higher level bosses.

Other Updates will be applied here too - however - only those which are fitting will be added.