PATCH NOTE 28/10/2020

Hey there, welcome to the Metin2.SG forum, here you can find a lot of interesting stuff, why don't you register your account? It only takes a minute! Click on the "Forum Login or forum-register" button on the top-left corner!
  • Dear Players,

With todays update there were the following Changes;

• Added a Sidebar
    • Added a Shortcut Button for the /nopoly command to that Sidebar
    • Added an AntiExperience Button to the Sidebar
    • Added the Extra Inventory Button to the Sidebar
    • Added the Shopbox Button to the Sidebar
    • Added the Daily System Button to the Sidebar
    • Added the DSS Inventory Button to the Sidebar
    • Removed the drop of Soulstones from Lord's Minion and Erebus (Gahnasel & Charon Adds)
    • Removed Gahnasel from the Trick or Treat chest
    • Exchanged the Extra Inventory Button at the top of your Inventory for a Sort Inventory function
  • if minions dont drop ss anymore, why also remove gahnasel from trick or treat cheast? it dont have any sense ...

I guess those who do not abuse things always suffer at then end, vs those who abused, I also do not see the point of removing gahnasel when now no ss from the mobs, in that case remove all bosses. If you look around people just spawned so many wubbas around its clear they dont like it as much as they liked gahnasel and now removed because of those who exploited really unfair. Punish those who abused not punish everyone really.

• Exchanged the Extra Inventory Button at the top of your Inventory for a Sort Inventory function

Sorry but that's the worst idea ever. I don't know who got this idea but it's against of any rules of designing interfaces. You changed functionality of the button leaving its position. It's the same button with different function than before, which confusing users. Now by clicking this button accidentally user is doing mess in his inventory becuase of terrible sorting algorithm. And it will repeat over and over again. Forcing users to change their habits when using product is the worst practice ever.

• Ghanasel was removed to keep the price up, players were concerned it would make the run not worth it for several months, expecially since players tends to keep the boxes, thats why it was removed.

The sorting was placed there because from our data, very few players clicked on extra, since the hotkey U is far better and faster.

So yes you got fooled once by sorting by mistake your inventory, but you really can't expect me to believe that you will get fooled every time forever.

If you don't want the sorting, don't click on it, but for those who wanted it, now they have it.

• I was fooled about 6 times today. And it's only the beginning. It's not about do I want to sort or not, it's unconditional reflex because when using this button for a long time I've learnt that in this place is a button which opens my extra inventory. I know about some players who facing the same problem.

One day I will change my habit and learn that in this place there's no more extra inv...

It's only a tip for a future changes in UI. It will be good to use already written rules preceded with research.

• The UI of the game is limited, there is no space for a sort inventory except there. You are one of few players to have use the extra button instead of the hotkey.

The costume button will be soon replaced by the sash, since we will move and add new equipment slots shortly.

It is the typical reaction with a new update. In 1 week from now none of you will remember this.

• But the way that it was added is too bad - first of all, the button should be removed for at least 2 weaks, so people get used to it and then reintroduce it once again with new functionality. Moreover with inventory window open, it is impossible to toggle on that new bar, it always stays behind, so it's very unuseful.

As of the limited possibilites of UI of the game, how comes that some private servers are capable of implementing it in better way? E.g. screenshot taken from stream from some different server. It looks so better and is more handy than what we got right now.

• If you call that better :D

Also check where their sorting is. Why don't you take a look before making statements that just proves that the sorting is well placed?

The place where their side bar is, cannot be used here because something else will go there. It is not ready yet, but thats why we didn't use that space. So yes the ui is limited, we simply didn't finish the inventory slot part yet which will go there.

• Yeah, I call it better, because at least you can access all options directly from inventory and don't have to move inventory window. Also at least all the buttons are straight in line :)

As of the sort button - clearly you don't understand what I wrote. I didn't say anything about placing it in the other place, but just making the change with a little bit of reflection.

Edit: I also like that window from uploaded screenshot more, because it looks more consistent.

• Tastes are tastes i suppose. You don't need to move inventory window, press I and voilà :)

The buttons are also in line, simply since the background is black, you cannot see that the icon is a bit bigger with a black square around it and some of them have weird shapes so they are bigger on the sides than they look.

I understood what you wrote, you are saying we must treat the players like when you put a fish won at the festivals on the aquarium, slowly, let it feel at home. We don't. Expecially since such features are well known on pserver nowadays and you just confirmed it with your screen.

Like i said, 1 week from now all of you will get used to it and stop even mentioning or complaining.

• I disagree but time will tell. I predict that in 1 week nobody will ever press the sorting by mistake and many will love that the side bar is not invasive at all but well hidden. By that time the other part of the inventory update will be ready, so you will be free to suggest improvments.

• uhm but going by this could you not also remove ghanasel from boss spawn event or limit the amount to 4-5 because the prices for all the soul crystal stuff is so low that it is not worth farming

• The events are handled by Tary, and anyway more Ghanasel were spawned in 3 days than in 50 boss events.

I believe the players likes the idea of the "trick" in the boxes, but we will never choose another Dungeon Boss as it may lower the purpose of the Dungeon.

• How we can make S skills?. 30-40 rainbow stone for 1 skill. Rainbow stone drop chance like %40-50. So 100 hydra run for 1 S skill. What mean 100 hydra run 10.000 soulstone. Maybe 10k soulstone mean 50.000 metin. Amazing really xd. We losing 1 hours for 1 hydra pass in DC run. Why changed minions(in DC run) because of some idiot exploit players?. Should be enough remove just trick or treat box. Or we need other craft items for hydra pass.

• How we can make S skills?. 30-40 rainbow stone for 1 skill. Rainbow stone drop chance like %40-50. So 100 hydra run for 1 S skill. What mean 100 hydra run 10.000 soulstone. Maybe 10k soulstone mean 50.000 metin. Amazing really xd. We losing 1 hours for 1 hydra pass in DC run. Why changed minions(in DC run) because of some idiot exploit players?. Should be enough remove just trick or treat box. Or we need other craft items for hydra pass.

Maybe they can add other ingredients to craft hydra pass or add the hydra pass to the mall.